3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

My take on the 2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
My take on the 2015

I have a 2009 Sport and stopped by the dealership to scope out the 15's. I was thinking with as little miles that I have (34,000) and zero door dings, I could probably trade my '09 in for a '15 and have a even lower car payment.

I have to say that there are some amenities in the '15 that I like but many changes that I don't. I like the touch screen and the overall "upscale feel" the cabin has but I don't like:

-losing 3 cupholders
-losing the second (upper glove box)
-the grill, headlights and tail lights just ain't a Fit
- the build quality feels cheap. The doors don't close as easily and when closing the hatch, it sort of bounced giving a cheap/sound feel to it.
-I don't like a digital fuel gauge

I think I'll keep my '09. Love that little thing. The improvements in the '15 are over shadowed by it's short comings IMO.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:24 PM
m_x
I own a '15 and can't comment on most of what you said. Though I will say i find the doors and hatch to be solid. The doors give a nice firm seal/slam and at least my hatch closes really nicely, compared to my friends Patriot and my sister's Mini.

But that second glove box... how I wish i had that

Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 PM
yea.. that second glove box and the drug stash box under the rear seat..

Old 09-26-2014, 02:08 PM
m_x
Originally Posted by BLXFITTY
Hey now... let's not presume it's only drugs. Some people were probably using it for unregistered firearms too

Old 09-26-2014, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
I love how the door sounds when I close it, either from inside or out; kind of a swoosh sound. The hatch, however, I agree is a tad clangy. No other quality complaints but that one.

Old 09-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
Hey now... let's not presume it's only drugs. Some people were probably using it for unregistered firearms too

Old 09-26-2014, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Don't assume it's for drugs-- I am in Colorado and we can carry our stash on the seat next us

hogwylde - I have a bit over 35K miles on my 2010 & you have even fewer miles on your 2009

Old 09-26-2014, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
Don't assume it's for drugs-- I am in Colorado and we can carry our stash on the seat next us

hogwylde - I have a bit over 35K miles on my 2010 & you have even fewer miles on your 2009
coming your way in a couple weeks =D

Old 09-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by m_x
Both at the same time.

I'm still going to check out the 2015 for giggles myself when i'm bored on a weekend. Just curious really.

In other news i've been seeing a lot more of them on the street recently, I don't get the same smile as I do when I see GD and GE but it's like a newborn sibling I guess I have to get used to them.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
I have a 2009 Sport and stopped by the dealership to scope out the 15's. I was thinking with as little miles that I have (34,000) and zero door dings, I could probably trade my '09 in for a '15 and have a even lower car payment.

I have to say that there are some amenities in the '15 that I like but many changes that I don't. I like the touch screen and the overall "upscale feel" the cabin has but I don't like:

-losing 3 cupholders
-losing the second (upper glove box)
-the grill, headlights and tail lights just ain't a Fit
- the build quality feels cheap. The doors don't close as easily and when closing the hatch, it sort of bounced giving a cheap/sound feel to it.
-I don't like a digital fuel gauge

I think I'll keep my '09. Love that little thing. The improvements in the '15 are over shadowed by it's short comings IMO.
I 100% Agree with you, the quality of the 2015 seems to be terrible. A LOT of negative post on here!

Old 09-26-2014, 05:51 PM
1. Glove box. Like the older model two tier box upper and lower, but not too disappointed

2. No option for a dual color dash or lighter color seats (Do not like Black seats).

3. Cup holders as well are lacking

4. Do not like the Entertainment (Infotainment) or what ever they call it. Like a dedicated GPS as before, and not have to hook one's smartphone (Don't have anymore) to it that lags, and problematic at this time.

I'm looking at the CR-V or Buick Encore 2016 model when shown/introduced..

Old 09-28-2014, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
Some of us are bolder than others. I don't hide anything.

Name:  2012-08-16232731.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  117.1 KB

Old 09-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
Some of us are bolder than others. I don't hide anything.

so you drive around like that boss man?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
The low mileage is due to me having a work vehicle that I have to bring home every day. So if work pays for the gas for my work truck AND it saves me miles on my Fit - who am I to argue?

Old 09-28-2014, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR45
I'm looking at the CR-V or Buick Encore 2016 model when shown/introduced..
My wife picked up a 2014 CRV in May. Very nice ride.

Name:  20140516_174435_zpsf222d830.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  47.4 KB

Old 09-28-2014, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
so you drive around like that boss man?
LOL...no. I do carry concealed though. I took the picture for effect.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:46 AM
I may be biased, because my Fit is my first brand new car (and only the third I've driven in my driving lifetime), but I feel like the Fit is substantially better than any other comparable car in its class. I test drove over 12 cars during my car hunt and nothing compared to the Fit. Probably the worst one I drove was a brand new Nissan Versa. It felt like a tin can. I find my Fit to be very sturdy, drop dead gorgeous on the inside (I got the EX-L with Navi) and awesome on mileage thus far. I primarily drive alone, so three cup holders is more than enough for me! The doors and hatch close very smoothly, so I can't comment on the clunky feeling some have stated. An extra glove box is always a nice feature, but I vowed that this car is not going to become a hoarding pit, so it's probably better that I don't have it. and, personally, I like the new looks on the outside (but my taste isn't everyone else's taste). It's a slick little car!

Old 09-28-2014, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
I have only seen one 2015 on the road here & it was over a month ago. Maybe the GK doesn't stand out as uniquely as the GD & GE and I am not recognizing the car as a member of the Fit family or they're not that many around my area.
One of these days I will check the new family member out at the Honda dealer. I admit I would be tempted by the moon roof. My car will be paid off soon and I do not want or need another car payment.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by markelmarcel
I may be biased, because my Fit is my first brand new car (and only the third I've driven in my driving lifetime), but I feel like the Fit is substantially better than any other comparable car in its class. I test drove over 12 cars during my car hunt and nothing compared to the Fit. Probably the worst one I drove was a brand new Nissan Versa. It felt like a tin can. I find my Fit to be very sturdy, drop dead gorgeous on the inside (I got the EX-L with Navi) and awesome on mileage thus far. I primarily drive alone, so three cup holders is more than enough for me! The doors and hatch close very smoothly, so I can't comment on the clunky feeling some have stated. An extra glove box is always a nice feature, but I vowed that this car is not going to become a hoarding pit, so it's probably better that I don't have it. and, personally, I like the new looks on the outside (but my taste isn't everyone else's taste). It's a slick little car!
I agree with what you're saying. I've test driven other hatches and I think the Fit surpasses all of them in every field - especially the Versa! The only other hatch that I really like but would not buy due to its price and lack of versatility is the Ford Focus STi.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I have a black EX CVT & I love it! I have owned a 2009 Honda Fit base, which I loved but traded for a 2012 Civic SI (had mixed feelings about that one). I sold the SI, to drive a 2013 FRS for a year (long story), car was amazing. It's still in the family, and still a great car. I drove a 2014 Fit EV for 18 months, super fun to drive but the range leaves a little to be desired especially if you have cold winters. Many winter mornings I had a range of 38 when I started the car.

I thought I might miss some features on the EV, but I don't really. That instant torque though, wow. I miss the NAV a little, but I didn't find it intuitive or cooperative at times when I was programming it. The first thing I looked for in the 2015 Fit was that top glove box, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember an armrest storage box in either of my previous fits. I like the armrest box better. EV did not have magic seat, I am glad to have that back. I will miss the seat warmers this winter, but not enough to deal with leather.

I am seeing a lot more 2015 Fits, the rare one here was the EV. I almost never saw another one, a week before I turned it in I saw one......the whole family waved at me until I exited the freeway and we lost site. It was a bitter sweet moment. I don't find anything cheap about the build, so if the car interests you go check one out and decide for yourself.

Quick Reply: My take on the 2015