3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

How to get all 4 doors to unlock with keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 PM
How to get all 4 doors to unlock with keyless entry

How do I get all 4 doors to unlock with keyless entry from the driver's door? When I put my hand in the handle, only the drivers door unlocks. I would like all 4 doors to unlock. What am I missing?

Old 10-30-2014, 12:05 AM
Originally Posted by Ron Belisle
How do I get all 4 doors to unlock with keyless entry from the driver's door? When I put my hand in the handle, only the drivers door unlocks. I would like all 4 doors to unlock. What am I missing?
dont know if this works for the 2015 fit, but on my Note i just press the keyless entry button twice to unlock all the doors.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:09 AM
5 Year Member
When you open the passenger side, it will open all four by default. Not sure if there is any factory setting that we can make the driver side open all four.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 AM
5 Year Member
Page 104 Auto Door Locking/Unlocking, continuing on page 105

The first thing I did to our Fit was to Disable Auto Door Unlocking to prevent carjackers from getting in the other doors when the drivers door was opened.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:54 AM
There have been other threads about this. When you use the driver's door handle to unlock the driver's door, only the driver's door will unlock. You cannot program it to unlock the other doors.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 AM
m_x
I don't believe there is a way to unlock all the doors when you touch the exterior unlock sensor on the driver door. If you touch the passenger side or the cargo hatch it will unlock the whole car, but just touching the driver door to unlock it will only unlock the driver door.

Page 104 is not referring to the key less entry. It is referring to opening the driver door when you are exiting the car and having the rest of the passengers doors unlock (which seems preferable IMO).

Fitmo, I believe the setting you changed made it so that when you open the driver door to exit the vehicle, the other doors remain locked. Can you confirm?

Old 10-30-2014, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by m_x
Fitmo, I believe the setting you changed made it so that when you open the driver door to exit the vehicle, the other doors remain locked. Can you confirm?
That is correct. Now if we want all the doors open on exit, we have to use the button in the armrest--which is the way our truck has worked for us for the past twelve years, so we're used to it.

edit to add: we also have to double-click the key fob unlock button to open all doors from the drivers side, just as we have in the past. We would prefer that only the tailgate unlock with its touch sensor.

Last edited by Fitmo; 10-30-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
There is a way to do it outlined in the manual (I don't recall where) but it's complicated.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 PM
It is a safety feature, so someone can't hop into your vehicle from the passenger side, a very real and dangerous possibility. Especially in an unlit parking lot, garage, or street.

This happened to a girl at UCI, who was forced to drive somewhere at gunpoint, probably for nefarious purposes. She crashed the car on purpose, and my brother stopped to help her. The gunman shot at my brother, thought he killed him, then ran away and killed himself in the bushes after my brother booked it out of there and called the cops. And the girl didn't even say thanks...

After that, I leave the passenger side door locked until i unlock it. And I don't offer to help people on a dark road at night.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Along the same note. I was trying to program the 4 doors to open when I park per the manual, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Also, I saw a video that stated all smart key Honda ignitions cars can have all the windows go down on a hot summer day to cool it before you get in by double clicking the key fob. I can't seem to figure that out either.

I am an idiot...

Old 10-31-2014, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arson
Along the same note. I was trying to program the 4 doors to open when I park per the manual, but I can't seem to get it to work.
Didn't work for me the first time either. Before going through the steps again, start out with the shifter in Neutral and the drivers door open. At the appropriate steps, shift into Park and close the drivers door. Make sure when you press the start/stop button twice to advance through "Accessories" to "On" you don't delay between presses. At no point through this should you press the brake pedal--you don't want the engine to start.

Originally Posted by Arson
Also, I saw a video that stated all smart key Honda ignitions cars can have all the windows go down on a hot summer day to cool it before you get in by double clicking the key fob. I can't seem to figure that out either.
I have not heard that. Pressing the unlock button twice on my fob unlocks all the doors vs just the drivers door. I'll have to play with this. Thanks.

Last edited by Fitmo; 10-31-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 04:24 PM
IT WORKED! IT WORKED! Karu-Karay! IT WORKED!!! Thank you for the "keeping the door open" remark. IT WORKED…..

Now the car-jackers can get to me easier. (I'm a people pleaser)

Old 10-31-2014, 04:27 PM
Here is the video I saw on the "Smart Key" function about taking the windows down on a hot day. I can't get my fit to do it even though I have the smart key.

Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
Happy it worked for you--you've done so much for so many of us with your videos.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
I've done some searching on this windows down thing and it seems the trick is to hold the unlock button on the second press. I've tried that and all it does is open the other doors, but right now, it's pretty cold here.

This may be a feature Honda eliminated because of so many people coming back to their locked car, or waking up on a rainy morning, to find all their windows down.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitmo
Page 104 Auto Door Locking/Unlocking, continuing on page 105

The first thing I did to our Fit was to Disable Auto Door Unlocking to prevent carjackers from getting in the other doors when the drivers door was opened.
Mine came that way, although the manual says it was not default.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by Fitmo
I've done some searching on this windows down thing and it seems the trick is to hold the unlock button on the second press. I've tried that and all it does is open the other doors, but right now, it's pretty cold here.

This may be a feature Honda eliminated because of so many people coming back to their locked car, or waking up on a rainy morning, to find all their windows down.
accords have it. dont think the fits have it.

Old 12-24-2014, 03:19 PM
I have a 2015 Honda Fit. I often forget where I park my car. Is there any way to get it to make noise so I can find it?

Old 12-24-2014, 03:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mona Strehler
I have a 2015 Honda Fit. I often forget where I park my car. Is there any way to get it to make noise so I can find it?
Panic button? lol

You can press the lock button twice on the remote and it'll chirp and flash.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks! Just the feature I was hoping for.

Quick Reply: How to get all 4 doors to unlock with keyless entry