3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Took delivery of my Fit FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Took delivery of my Fit FINALLY!

What a pain in my rear trying to get this dang car but I finally got it! Started at a local Honda dealer with intentions of getting an EX model. My wife talked me into EX-L since we have a 2 year old and they are known to spill things and be messy. Who knew? The challenge began!! Apparently EX-L models are extremely hard to find and my salesman searched as far as 8 hours away and only found 2 or 3 and nobody willing to do a dealer trade unless they got the same thing in return in another color. They ended up finding one 250 miles away and were going to have to send a driver to get it and drive it back. That fell through so he then told me he could order one but it would be January...JANUARY!!???

I drove 45 minute to another Honda dealer last Saturday and told them I wanted to buy this car, worked numbers already at other dealer but they are unable to get me one in a timely manner. Said if you find me one I will sign the papers right now. Well they found me exactly what I wanted 200 miles away and were sending a truck and trailer Monday morning to go pick it up. The original dealer had already put add-on's onto the car which was fine. Splash guards, trunk tray, pinstripes, wheel locks. This dealer also gave me $900 more for my trade.

Anyway I am very happy! Big change for me coming from a lifted FJ Cruiser but I will breath a sigh of relief when I see my fuel bill and maintenance charges!

Here it is...2015 Modern Steel EX-L with 8 miles on the odo

Saying goodbye to my old friend...

Old 11-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Congrats on the new Fit coming from another FJ owner (former)! Its lookin good! Wait till you live with the mileage on a daily basis. Your gonna love it!!!

Good job on posting pics.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:43 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new car!

Old 11-05-2014, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
I was tempted to purchase the Toyota FJ Cruiser, to replace our Honda Odyssey van, Particularly since this is the last year they are being produced. In the end, I decided I was caving to fantasies from my teen age years, when I owned a Willy's Jeep. The idea of owning an automobile that could literally go anywhere, sounded fun. But then I started calculating the cost of 20mpg highway, and added auto insurance rates for 4-wheel drive (multiplied by 5 for all the drivers in my family), and I decided against it. I still look and admire when I see one in the parking lot, but pat myself on the back for being responsible and acting my age!

Old 11-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Vanguard
I was tempted to purchase the Toyota FJ Cruiser, to replace our Honda Odyssey van, Particularly since this is the last year they are being produced. In the end, I decided I was caving to fantasies from my teen age years, when I owned a Willy's Jeep. The idea of owning an automobile that could literally go anywhere, sounded fun. But then I started calculating the cost of 20mpg highway, and added auto insurance rates for 4-wheel drive (multiplied by 5 for all the drivers in my family), and I decided against it. I still look and admire when I see one in the parking lot, but pat myself on the back for being responsible and acting my age!
I loved it...I really did but as you said being responsible overcame me. I have a Mustang so I can still have fun I sold my Jeep Wrangler for a more practical vehicle. We live near the beach and love to kayak and have a 2 1/2 year old son. He is a chubby little thing and was a pain...literally a pain getting in the seat in the Jeep plus there was zero room for beach gear unless we shoved it all in the kayaks on the roof. Jeep got awful mpg because it had 32" tires, was lifted, and is like a box going down the road so aerodynamics were not the best LOVED that Jeep so I figure if I am getting rid of something awesome...I needed something MORE awesome. 4wd FJ Cruiser, 3" lift, 35" tires, extremely heavy and mean front bumper added up to about 14mpg with a 50 mile round trip to work 5 days a week. Yeah we had a TON of room for beach gear, my boy was easy to get in and out with the 4 doors and the kayaks on the top looked cool as hell! But we go to the beach 2 dozen-ish times a year and I was spending $70 a week filling the FJ up with premium. KILLED ME! Spent nearly $2,000 in repairs on the FJ since March of this year on transmission and rear end issues. The tranny started acting up again, cv axles needed to be replaced, electrical issues started arising, and new tires next year quickly added up to easily $5k in the very near future.

I may not get as many thumbs up and stares in the Fit as I did in the FJ...but my wallet will thank me and my wife is more than thrilled I gave up my FJ for something more FITting for our family and more practical. If I want to feel irresponsible and young, I will take the Mustang out of the garage and see what sort of trouble I can get into

Old 11-05-2014, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member

Man, you are GOOD with a camera! I meant to tell you that earlier.

That thing is gorgeous--I can't wait to see it tinted.

Congratulations on the new ride--your payoff for tenacity. Here's to it bringing you and yours many years of joy.

Old 11-05-2014, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Looks good

Old 11-05-2014, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Beautiful shots, beautiful car.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
That looks exactly like my Fit! lol. Except didn't get extras..yet.

Congratz!!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice! Congrats!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats nice looking Fit. That also was one nice looking FJ.