3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Windshield Wipers

That long wiper blade is annoying me!

Is it normal for this wiper blade to park crooked, not parallel? No picture since my spouse keep taking Bumblebee everyday to work. When we sit in the driver seat, the left end sit higher than right end, I would say about 1 inch high.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:06 PM
I assume you mean on the passenger side? Yes, if you look that's the only way even a blade of that short size will park.
I saw another wiper thread on here that listed the drivers side blade at 28" (might have been 24) and the passenger side at 14. Wondering if there's any other cars with that big a difference between the two blades?...

Old 02-09-2015, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member
I wrote "That long wiper blade" meaning the driver side.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Oops! Missed that!
I think mine parks pretty parallel. I'd go look but there's so much snow I my car right now I probably can't tell!

Old 02-09-2015, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
The stock wipers are terrible. They squeak, they streak, and are generally terrible. I've been shopping on Amazon for a while and am annoyed that i will not be able to get matching blades because not many people make 14" blades.

I will most likely get 28" Rain X Latitude or Bosch Icon paired with a 14" Aero blade for the other side and the rear hatch.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by TaubBaer
No picture since my spouse keep taking Bumblebee everyday to work
"Bumblebee" ... (-:

Old 02-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by StealthGray
I assume you mean on the passenger side? Yes, if you look that's the only way even a blade of that short size will park.
I saw another wiper thread on here that listed the drivers side blade at 28" (might have been 24) and the passenger side at 14. Wondering if there's any other cars with that big a difference between the two blades?...
I know the CR-V has a big difference like that. I think it might be a Honda thing...

Old 02-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by TofuShop
The stock wipers are terrible. They squeak, they streak, and are generally terrible. I've been shopping on Amazon for a while and am annoyed that i will not be able to get matching blades because not many people make 14" blades.

I will most likely get 28" Rain X Latitude or Bosch Icon paired with a 14" Aero blade for the other side and the rear hatch.
I haven't read great things about the RainX Latitude, and didn't care for the Bosche Icons when I had them on our Forester. My favorite wiper has been the Anco Contour, if you can find them. They were going strong after a solid 2 years+ on our Accord when we traded it in. My second favorite was the Trico Force, which seem to have replaced the Anco Contours on store shelves. They were pretty good too, but didn't seem to last as long as the Ancos. Each car is different though with a different glass profile and curve, so the Fit might be a little better or worse. I thought the '13 stock wipers have been doing pretty good in the last year, but the '15 don't seem quite as heavy duty.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GotFitB13
I haven't read great things about the RainX Latitude, and didn't care for the Bosche Icons when I had them on our Forester. My favorite wiper has been the Anco Contour, if you can find them. They were going strong after a solid 2 years+ on our Accord when we traded it in. My second favorite was the Trico Force, which seem to have replaced the Anco Contours on store shelves. They were pretty good too, but didn't seem to last as long as the Ancos. Each car is different though with a different glass profile and curve, so the Fit might be a little better or worse. I thought the '13 stock wipers have been doing pretty good in the last year, but the '15 don't seem quite as heavy duty.
That's interesting because I think Bosch Icon's are great. Pricey, but worth the money. I had them on my Audi and it made driving in the rain seem like it wasn't raining at all. But I must credit Audi for an excellent wiper design as well.

The Rain-X are pretty good, but don't last as long.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:37 PM
I've been using the bosch wiper blades and I literally have no complaints whatsoever except for the price.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 PM
Yes wiper blades vary in size alot anymore on small vehicles. Most vehicles because of aerodynamics have such a huge windshield. They need a large wiper to sweep across the drivers line of sight but can only squeeze a smaller wiper blade on the side.
FYI, I have always used NAPA wiper blades. Always been reasonably priced and seem to hold up well.
If a 14" blade is hard to find try a15" blade. Look at your stock wiper blades closely. Alot of times you can squeeze a bit larger or go smaller. Wipers attached at the center so 1" larger blade will offeset a 1/2 " on both sides of what is there now.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 PM
I think maybe they didn't last as long as the Contours I had previously. But if they're working good, that's all that matters.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by TofuShop

I had to look, but found matching brands and types for my '10. I believe it was Auto Zone, for one, and O'reilly for the other. I will say, however, that they were not as good as the Honda blades.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by esnave09
I know the CR-V has a big difference like that. I think it might be a Honda thing...

The design may look goofy, but the fact is, it does a very good job of cleaning the large windshield.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:39 PM
I bought Bosch MicroEdge blades to replace mine, and I cannot figure out how to get the 28" blade attached to save my life. I can't get the metal hook to attach and snap in any way that makes any bit of sense... any pointers?

Old 04-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by scruffcub
I bought Bosch MicroEdge blades to replace mine, and I cannot figure out how to get the 28" blade attached to save my life. I can't get the metal hook to attach and snap in any way that makes any bit of sense... any pointers?
Not sure specifically about the Bosch blades, but if you bought them from an auto store, they should be able to help. Or you could always Google it, there is sure to be a video on it.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TaubBaer
That long wiper blade is annoying me!

Is it normal for this wiper blade to park crooked, not parallel? No picture since my spouse keep taking Bumblebee everyday to work. When we sit in the driver seat, the left end sit higher than right end, I would say about 1 inch high.

That's the way my driver's side wiper sits, too. Probably normal.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Here is the picture of crooked wiper. It still bother me each time I drive! Is that an defective?

Old 04-17-2015, 01:50 PM
Yep, that's the normal wiper position.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GoBucky
Yep, that's the normal wiper position.
Normal? It is not even level like other cars. Make me wanting to bend it to be level...

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers