3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

50,818 miles on my 2015 fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 01:40 PM
50,818 miles on my 2015 fit

Just racked up 50,818 miles on my 2015 EX CVT AT.

Here is some data.

Purchased July, 2014

Total Miles = 50,818
Total Fuel = 213 Fillups = 1,294 (US Gal.)
Total Fuel Cost = $3,514
Avg. MPG = 39.3 (Almost exclusively with Econ Mode)

90% of all miles driven are on Turnpikes, Interstates and city freeways.

I use this vehicle for deliveries.

Except for the radio controls I am happy with the vehicle so far.

Last month, due to the low clearance of the Fit, I got stuck in my driveway during one of the brutal snow storms we experience here in the northern Ohio area.

While driving I almost always use my Sirius and audio books app and bluetooth the audio from my iPhone 6+.

I will probably replace the original Bridgestone tires in 10-15k miles and do the first tranny oil change at the same time.

As usual, I photo'ed the odometer and hopefully it will show up as my avatar.

Any questions ??

Old 04-06-2015, 01:55 PM
Wow nice!

How does it handle in the snow?

Old 04-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Wow ! Just wow.

I put on a whopping 900 miles since June 20th. Keep it going and report back from time to time OP

Old 04-06-2015, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
Wow, i got mine in July of last year as well and i just rolled over the 5,000 mile mark... lol

Old 04-06-2015, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
I thought I was doing well to do 1600 miles in three weeks. Wow!

Old 04-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by mockatoy
Wow nice!

How does it handle in the snow?
It is not bad at all. When I got stuck, there was about 6" of snow on my driveway, I got about half way up the slight incline and got hung up because of all the snow accumulating under the Fit.

I called the dealer about replacing the Bridgestone tires in the near future and they want $670 including tax, mounting, etc., etc.

With the weather getting warmer and less chance of snow, I fully expect to get 60-70k from the original tires.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Wow, that's a ton of miles! I'm curious - have you had any mechanical issues or any other concerns with your Fit? Reliability was a huge factor in why I chose this car so I'm super interested to see what your experience has been like

Old 04-06-2015, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
This is a nice and welcome read. Extra welcome due to you not mentioning one problem with the CVT. Not that I am worried either way but people keep going on about it. Drive on my friend!

Old 04-06-2015, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by kellyjoy
Wow, that's a ton of miles! I'm curious - have you had any mechanical issues or any other concerns with your Fit? Reliability was a huge factor in why I chose this car so I'm super interested to see what your experience has been like
Here is what I've experienced mechanically:

1) Radio (AM) had very poor reception, and the dealer had to replace the entire assembly at the rear of the Fit, but they gave me 2014 Civic loaner. They said it was a 6-hour job because the headliner had to be removed.

2) I complained that the vehicle seems to drift to the left after exceeding 40 mph. Had a wheel alignment done ($80.00) and rotated the tires, but the problem still exists. I will call Honda Care in the next couple of weeks.

3) The TPMS warning light tends to come on when the outside temperature drops below 15 degrees. The dealer did some sort of factory reset from the interior display monitor and it has only come on 1x in the past 2 months A simple reset below the dash on the left side turns it off.

4)BTW: The day I got stuck in the driveway due to another snow storm, I called AAA for a tow and they said 2-3 hour wait. It then dawned on me to call Honda Care, and they had a tow within 45 minutes. They said they would call if the driver would be late, which he wasn't.

One more thing:
I have to keep fastidious records for my vehicle(s). i.e., fuel, toll, parking receipts for IRS purposes. That is the reason why my fuel records are so detailed. And . . . I do not suffer from OCD as some on this site have suggested. LOL

Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Thanks for this. Interested to hear about the alignment solution as mine veers slightly to left as well (but only very slightly).

Old 04-07-2015, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
This is a nice and welcome read. Extra welcome due to you not mentioning one problem with the CVT. Not that I am worried either way but people keep going on about it. Drive on my friend!
CVTs are generally fine now a days. Best not to worry about them. I doubt they are worse than other automatic trans. My wife's 2010 Rogue has had zero problems with its CVT and its been 5+ years now. I mean I hate that transmission on that thing (so horribly unresponsive) but it works without malfunctions.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by HARRYHONDINI
It is not bad at all. When I got stuck, there was about 6" of snow on my driveway, I got about half way up the slight incline and got hung up because of all the snow accumulating under the Fit.

I called the dealer about replacing the Bridgestone tires in the near future and they want $670 including tax, mounting, etc., etc.

With the weather getting warmer and less chance of snow, I fully expect to get 60-70k from the original tires.
Cool thanks I have yet to drive mine in Colorado snow

Old 04-07-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the comprehensive answer! Just like Myxalplyx mentioned, definitely a welcome read (I have a CVT also)!

Old 04-08-2015, 02:02 PM
Administrator
Wow that is a ton of miles!

Old 04-08-2015, 09:23 PM
Are you going to be doing the cvt transmission fluid change or having the dealer do it ?

Also is there a diy somewhere on how to do the change with the honda fit cvt ?

Old 04-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Originally Posted by Helistyle
Are you going to be doing the cvt transmission fluid change or having the dealer do it ?

Also is there a diy somewhere on how to do the change with the honda fit cvt ?
I am going to have the dealer do it. They quoted me a price of $100.

I also have the dealer do the oil changes every 10-13k miles. They charge $38 for the Honda synthetic, check tire air pressure, add fluid where necessary (primarily windshield washer) and throw in a free hand-car wash.

After approximately 45 minutes, I am back on the road usually heading out of state with another small computer part for an anxious customer with a sick computer system.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:05 PM
With all your driving, have you noticed any chipping of your paint? I don't own a fit yet but have been reading the paint seems to chip very easily.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Well I meant are you going to have the dealer do the cvt transmission fluid change ?

Old 04-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by JustCallMeCole78
With all your driving, have you noticed any chipping of your paint? I don't own a fit yet but have been reading the paint seems to chip very easily.
I have a pearl black Fit and have not noticed any problems with chipping.

I did a run over a fairly large (already dead) deer on the road this morning on the way to Detroit. I pulled over to the side on the Ohio Turnpike to see if I damaged anything. I really could not see the under-carriage, so I continued on and the car ran fine. (fingers crossed).

I will take it to a tire shop I deal with tomorrow and put it up on a lift.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by HARRYHONDINI
I did a run over a fairly large (already dead) deer on the road this morning on the way to Detroit.
Oh my word! So glad you didn't get hurt and the car made it to your destination. Hopefully all is fine there.

I am happy to read your paint job is holding up. All things to consider before making a purchase. I live in northern Indiana and we can get socked pretty hard with snow. Its nice to read that it handles well in our winter driving conditions even with the stock tires it seems everyone replaces as soon as they get the car. Not something I'd be doing!

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: 50,818 miles on my 2015 fit