3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

USB not working in brand new FIT EX

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 02:07 AM
USB not working in brand new FIT EX

Hey everybody, my GF and I picked up her brand new Fit EX yesterday. We noticed today that the USB in the arm rest wasn't working at all. The other USB was working fine. We tried restarting the car a few times, unplugging the USB stick (which works fine in the other slot) and re plugging it in, as well as trying different USB devices. Nothing could get it to work. Has anyone experienced this? I contacted the dealership via email just now. Is this something that they can fix? I'm just not sure what they can do with it if it's not working (if they can replace it some how). Thanks for the feedback in advance.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rockycore
Hey everybody, my GF and I picked up her brand new Fit EX yesterday. We noticed today that the USB in the arm rest wasn't working at all. The other USB was working fine. We tried restarting the car a few times, unplugging the USB stick (which works fine in the other slot) and re plugging it in, as well as trying different USB devices. Nothing could get it to work. Has anyone experienced this? I contacted the dealership via email just now. Is this something that they can fix? I'm just not sure what they can do with it if it's not working (if they can replace it some how). Thanks for the feedback in advance.
I just wanted to chime in and say I've been having this problem to. It gets worse and worse. Sometimes it's just fine then sometimes it doesn't work at all. I'm at 15k and it just began happening a few months ago. At my last oil change it stopped charging my phone and I used two different cables and showed the service writer. I also let him see that the other USB port worked with both cables. I lucked ot bc this is an issue that would be difficult to duplicate.

But....what crosses my mind is there's a lot more degree as I cram a bunch of crap in there and maybe I'm terminating a connection of some sort with a piece of lint/garbage or such?

Nonetheless it's noted and it will be replaced next time I need to go in whether it's working at that time or not.

Speaking of armrest, the latched popped off mine and now it doesn't lock. I don't know how this happened. I found it on the floorboard and it's all scratched up etc and I know this doesn't matter but I'll just have Honda warranty the entire arm rest assembly.

Hey, I'll have gained removed an additional of 15k on my armrest plus any minute stains, if any....

I'm surprised there's not more bitXhing regagarding the piano black around the shifter😜

Drives me cra cra!

Cheers!