3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

wanna see those pimped GK's

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
wanna see those pimped GK's

Name:  10389003_420623754751551_3553061299822476988_n_zpsrrvwlxow.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  69.1 KB
_

Name:  10387542_414895808657679_1300575904008968275_n_zps7jge1yhb.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  67.7 KB

Last edited by phenoyz; 06-07-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  10325132_420623741418219_7737702397487783740_n_zpsbbycdhve.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  120.3 KB

Old 06-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
I hate how the Tjin Sema Fit is. Don't see why this won.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:39 PM
Agreed, that wide body kit is atrocious.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:06 AM
Looks like a under powered ninja turtle

Last edited by indyc350; 06-08-2015 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Ewwwwwwwwwww

Old 06-08-2015, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member

Ayala Alabang, Philippines GK

Old 06-08-2015, 01:14 AM
Ugly IMO. They've overdone it.

Last edited by Virgo; 06-09-2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Tastes are subjective, but those are just atrocious! The Fit/Jazz are just economy cars; they're not fast, nor fancy, and are intended to serve the purpose of practical and cheap transportation for the masses. I have never understood the need or desire for small Hondas to be modified. It's actually one of the things that has always turned me off Hondas; I like their cars, but not their fan club.

Just leave the car as-is as an honest to goodness little subcompact

Old 06-09-2015, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
I thought small Honda's (like the civic) were excellent candidates for enhancing for some significant speed boosts. I mean small Hondas are cheap and for a few thousand dollars you could boost its performance above that of many super cars that cost $100,000s.

So if your one of those interested in some custome performance enhancements...you probably want to update the exterior as well. In many cases you those updates are to increase performance (lower to the ground, spoilers...).

I haven't looked under the hood of a civic in years but there must have been room for performance modifications. The fit? I've looked under the hood of my fit and I don't see much room to fit much more. But....there are bound to be enthusiasts who can update the engine, trans, suspension.... to get more, way more, out of the Fit than most of us experience. So you can bet someone is going to enhance the outside.

Personally I love to see small cars with exterior mods. Even the fit

Old 06-09-2015, 11:56 AM
utterly unuseable in Arizona. Roads would rip the bottom out. Your money, do what you want, but a Fit is not, and never will be a hot rod. I would save it for the new Si.

Old 06-09-2015, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by festiboi
Tastes are subjective, but those are just atrocious! The Fit/Jazz are just economy cars; they're not fast, nor fancy, and are intended to serve the purpose of practical and cheap transportation for the masses. I have never understood the need or desire for small Hondas to be modified. It's actually one of the things that has always turned me off Hondas; I like their cars, but not their fan club.

Just leave the car as-is as an honest to goodness little subcompact
Originally Posted by Stingray
utterly unuseable in Arizona. Roads would rip the bottom out. Your money, do what you want, but a Fit is not, and never will be a hot rod. I would save it for the new Si.
You two are the worst.

Hondas have always been the Davids of the car world. Let me know how many other cars can be made to run 10's in the quarter mile or reliably/quickly lap a circuit for under 5k all-in (including the car).

And lol @ unusable in Arizona. Go somewhere with roads that see winter.

Old 06-09-2015, 04:21 PM
Not sure to take that "I'm the worst" as a compliment or not

Look, maybe I'm the wrong crowd, but I did see the appeal of how and why Hondas are modified. Typically, the ones I see look more like a "frankencars". Sloppy bodywork, paint that doesn't match, and mufflers that make the exhaust sound like the noises I make after eating Mexican food. Just obnoxious. And most don't seem like they have engine modifications, aside from having a VTEC decal or Si badge slapped on them. My best friend, who equally dislikes modified Hondas, would still be able to outperform many of these Civics in his Prius from a stoplight.

There's a modified Accord on my block and it just looks ridiculous. The suspension is lowered that going over speed bumps is impossible, half the bumper is missing, and it has a ridiculous wing that's only purposeful for a speed that the Accord could never reach. I keep thinking to myself: "it's a family car, leave it alone!"

Same with the Civic or the Fit; they're just economy cars. Leave them alone. Just accept the cars for what they are; which are well-designed, honest to goodness cars.

The cult following for modifying Hondas was one thing that turned me off from ever buying one; I didn't want to be associated with that crowd. I don't see people modifying Corollas, or Mazda 3's, or Chevy Cruzes to the extent of Hondas, even though the cars are intended for the same market. I guess that I'm not supposed to get it

Old 06-09-2015, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure to take that "I'm the worst" as a compliment or not

Look, maybe I'm the wrong crowd, but I did see the appeal of how and why Hondas are modified. Typically, the ones I see look more like a "frankencars". Sloppy bodywork, paint that doesn't match, and mufflers that make the exhaust sound like the noises I make after eating Mexican food. Just obnoxious. And most don't seem like they have engine modifications, aside from having a VTEC decal or Si badge slapped on them. My best friend, who equally dislikes modified Hondas, would still be able to outperform many of these Civics in his Prius from a stoplight.

There's a modified Accord on my block and it just looks ridiculous. The suspension is lowered that going over speed bumps is impossible, half the bumper is missing, and it has a ridiculous wing that's only purposeful for a speed that the Accord could never reach. I keep thinking to myself: "it's a family car, leave it alone!"

Same with the Civic or the Fit; they're just economy cars. Leave them alone. Just accept the cars for what they are; which are well-designed, honest to goodness cars.

The cult following for modifying Hondas was one thing that turned me off from ever buying one; I didn't want to be associated with that crowd. I don't see people modifying Corollas, or Mazda 3's, or Chevy Cruzes to the extent of Hondas, even though the cars are intended for the same market. I guess that I'm not supposed to get it
No, you don't get it.

So why are you on a Fit forum? Do you see me on some board for whatever ridiculous hobby you have?

Old Hondas were modified for a number of reasons:
-Great potential power output from their various engines
-Interchangeability of parts
-Light weight
-Advanced suspension layout (hugely superior to that of any modern Honda)
-Nice aesthetics.

Maybe you should grow up a bit and let others have their hobbies rather than judging things you don't understand.

Guess what, 60's muscle cars are slower than most 1.6-2.0l DOHC 90's Hondas, even in stock form. Just because someone modifies their car does not mean they're constantly racing you or your dense friend in their Prius.

If only they & you would stop killing the environment and would instead be green and drive a 90's Honda maybe the polar bears would last a bit longer

Old 06-09-2015, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
No, you don't get it.

So why are you on a Fit forum? Do you see me on some board for whatever ridiculous hobby you have?

-Light weight
-Nice aesthetics.

Maybe you should grow up a bit and let others have their hobbies rather than judging things you don't understand.

Guess what, 60's muscle cars are slower than most 1.6-2.0l DOHC 90's Hondas, even in stock form. Just because someone modifies their car does not mean they're constantly racing you or your dense friend in their Prius.

If only they & you would stop killing the environment and would instead be green and drive a 90's Honda maybe the polar bears would last a bit longer
Mate, I'm on the Fit forum because I own one. As simple as that. I'm here to discuss the experiences of owning a Fit, and a forum is a place to voice opinions.

And in my opinion, modifying one to that extent takes away from the vehicle's intended purpose. You don't have to agree with me, and that's fine. We can agree to disagree. But someone asked on this forum about modifying Fits, and myself, among several others, disagree.

You seem to think that not wanting to modify a Fit makes me hate the car. There's no correlation between the two. I am okay with the car the way it is.

Try not to take it as an attack personally against your hobby. When you do something like modify a car to gain attention, you're not always going to have people who like it.

Some of the modified Hondas out there have been done tastefully, but many have been sloppily or on an obvious budget.

I'm not sure what the heck you mean by me killing the environment. If you are so concerned about the polar bears, then drive a Mitsubishi Mirage. No batteries, and still gets hybrid MPG's and better fuel economy than a 90's Honda, or the infamous Geo Metro from that era. I've always driven economical cars, including the Fit. I don't see how modifying it will help the ice caps

Old 06-09-2015, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
I've seen claims of upgrades to the 2015 Fit that results in 480 HP. If someone goes that far (and farther) then I'd bet exterior mods are a must to eak out a little more via aerodynamics.

If someone likes to skip the performance mods and just go with exterior mods...fantastic. To each his own. I mean think about it....the fit is a weird little car. If you drive one you're already proving you're not a driver getting a standard 4 door sedan. Finally...I believe that Fit with the mods in the first post was voted one of the best looking modded fits at that show the pictures were from. People like that stuff (I am not of fan of the color but I like the mods myself).

Last edited by Evesowner; 06-09-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:05 PM
No, you don't get it.

-Light weight
-Nice aesthetics.

So...smart mouth Mikey is back. Please go away...again

Old 06-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Mate, I'm on the Fit forum because I own one. As simple as that. I'm here to discuss the experiences of owning a Fit, and a forum is a place to voice opinions.

And in my opinion, modifying one to that extent takes away from the vehicle's intended purpose. You don't have to agree with me, and that's fine. We can agree to disagree. But someone asked on this forum about modifying Fits, and myself, among several others, disagree.

You seem to think that not wanting to modify a Fit makes me hate the car. There's no correlation between the two. I am okay with the car the way it is.

Try not to take it as an attack personally against your hobby. When you do something like modify a car to gain attention, you're not always going to have people who like it.

Some of the modified Hondas out there have been done tastefully, but many have been sloppily or on an obvious budget.

I'm not sure what the heck you mean by me killing the environment. If you are so concerned about the polar bears, then drive a Mitsubishi Mirage. No batteries, and still gets hybrid MPG's and better fuel economy than a 90's Honda, or the infamous Geo Metro from that era. I've always driven economical cars, including the Fit. I don't see how modifying it will help the ice caps

The poster you are responding to has a long history of trolling. ignore him.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:16 PM
You two are the worst.

Hondas have always been the Davids of the car world. Let me know how many other cars can be made to run 10's in the quarter mile or reliably/quickly lap a circuit for under 5k all-in (including the car).

And lol @ unusable in Arizona. Go somewhere with roads that see winter.

You don't even own a GK, so why are you trolling this forum?

Old 06-09-2015, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member

Continued use of a product that has already been made is more efficient than buying a new item.

And 90's Hondas easily get 40+ MPG.

I'm not saying you dislike the Fit, heck, you probably enjoy yours way more than I do mine. If you like your car that's great, just please don't mock modified cars

Originally Posted by Stingray
You don't even own a GK, so why are you trolling this forum?
I'm not trolling. I came in here hoping to see J's/Spoon/etc., and some other cool Fits, this is not what I wanted.

BTW, citing a long history of anything with a sample size of 11 months or less is rather silly.

O-T:

Quick Reply: wanna see those pimped GK's