3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Have you received a traffic violation while driving your Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 06:07 PM
Have you received a traffic violation while driving your Fit?

Just curious, have you received a traffic violation while driving your Fit? What type of violation was it? Did the officer make any comment about your Fit?

So I far I haven't had one , but I'm curious to know about other Fit drivers.

Old 09-13-2015, 12:21 AM
5 Year Member
A couple speeding tickets... though I drive like an utter arse to get away from Houston and DOW traffic.Everyone either rolling road blocks, left lane hogs, or cuts off/tailgates. I don't put up with its nearly as much anymore.

Old 09-13-2015, 01:44 AM
I got pulled over the very first night I had my fit. I was speeding and genuinely had no idea because I was just having too much fun enjoying my brand new car. Cop was cool about it, probably doesn't hurt that I'm a girl, but he told me to have fun with my car but to mind the speed limits. No ticket.

First and only time I've been pulled over.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
I refuse to reply on the grounds that it may incriminate me, LOL.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:03 AM
So far, just a ticket for pulling a U-ie. Cop had his lights off and it was late in the night. That was my first ticket I've ever received.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Nope, nothing here yet **fingers crossed**

Old 09-14-2015, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Nothing yet. I used to get pulled over by the State Troopers occasionally with my GE. It was always the same spot, and always after a band gig. Anybody on the road at 3:00 AM Saturday or Sunday morning is probable cause for a DUI. They would always take one look at the old guy with a car full of guitars and let me off with a warning.

Fortunately, I don't drink when I'm playing a job.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:16 PM
I received a written warning in the far northwest suburbs of Chicago for traveling faster than the posted limit. On our freeways near the city the speed limit is usually 55, however traffic travels between 70 and 80 when not crawling at 15 during rush hour.

Officer was nice, I am a CCW holder so had to show him my drivers license and CCW card. He asked where I was carrying, and what, we talked guns for a few minutes and he sent me on my merry way. After checking to make sure I was not a wanted felon of course.

Took maybe 8-9 minutes out of my day, and he didn't even comment on my dark tinted front windows that are technically illegal in IL.

When in doubt, be nice to the police officer. They are just doing a job, and 99 times out of 100, the person they are interacting with is not happy to see them. FYI - If you want a good laugh, I think Chris Rock did a great skit about how to talk to cops. I believe it is titled, how not to get your ass beat by the police. Well worth the watch.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Nope. Last ticket was in 1995 when I crossed a four-lane highway (missed the sign that said "don't do that!") to catch a left-lane exit in my '64 VW Beetle. Last speeding ticket was in 1985 (100 in a 35 - woohoo!). I'm now that guy that drives exactly the speed limit (in the righthand lane, at least). "Get off my lawn!"

es

Old 09-16-2015, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by EcoBoost
If you want a good laugh, I think Chris Rock did a great skit about how to talk to cops. I believe it is titled, how not to get your ass beat by the police. Well worth the watch.
Funny video...................very funny. Thanks for pointing that out.!

Old 10-23-2015, 01:55 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ive been driving a honda fit for dd since 2007... never gotten sited nor even pulled over.

why? cause our wedges looks slow.. so cops probably dont think you're going as fast as what their radar shows and dismisses it.

Old 10-25-2015, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
I received a written warning in the far northwest suburbs of Chicago for traveling faster than the posted limit. On our freeways near the city the speed limit is usually 55, however traffic travels between 70 and 80 when not crawling at 15 during rush hour.

Officer was nice, I am a CCW holder so had to show him my drivers license and CCW card. He asked where I was carrying, and what, we talked guns for a few minutes and he sent me on my merry way. After checking to make sure I was not a wanted felon of course.

Took maybe 8-9 minutes out of my day, and he didn't even comment on my dark tinted front windows that are technically illegal in IL.
You have a CCW in Illinois? You must be a very privileged person! That aside, you are right about the Chris Rock clip. The trainer who helped me to qualify for a TN HCP (concealment not required) used it in our class. If I remember correctly, the black out line was "Obey the law." with emphasis.

As to the advice on how to deal with cops, I've had that policy since I started to drive. A former MNPD chief taught me how to play pool in the basement of the Traffic Court building.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by KentFinn
You have a CCW in Illinois? You must be a very privileged person! That aside, you are right about the Chris Rock clip. The trainer who helped me to qualify for a TN HCP (concealment not required) used it in our class. If I remember correctly, the black out line was "Obey the law." with emphasis.

As to the advice on how to deal with cops, I've had that policy since I started to drive. A former MNPD chief taught me how to play pool in the basement of the Traffic Court building.
It took me nearly a year to set aside the time to do the required 16 hour course and then pay my fees. Now I carry most days so long as my travels to not take me to a federal building or school. Sadly this means that when I am teaching on the weekends at a local college, I am unarmed. But they did put those nice no gun stickers on all the doors. So I will be safe in the knowledge that two dozen 3"x4" stickers are keeping a criminal from shooting me when I am at my most vulnerable. As the saying goes, when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.

Thankfully I live just far enough from the city to be in McHenry county, and they are much more gun friendly than their more corrupt counterparts closer to the lake. FYI - for anyone not familiar with IL politics the only portion of IL that is extremely unfriendly to firearms is Lake and Cook county. AKA Chicago and the very close suburbs.

Now before anyone walks away thinking I am a pro gun crazy and everyone needs to be armed at all times to be safe. I do think that everyone should have the right to protect themselves regardless of location. However I also think that we need to review what steps are required to purchase and operate a firearm. I was able to purchase my first pistol with 15 minutes of my personal time, a background check, and the patience to wait 3 days. This is wrong in my opinion and my personal belief is I should have been required to take some form of testing and personal training in basic firearm safety prior to being approved to own a firearm. I think it is almost comical that the first time I sat in a classroom to talk about firearms was 5 years after I purchased one. I have plenty of friends that have never had formal training. Although I do still consider them to be safe gun owners.

Anyhow I can get off my soap box and stop ranting.

In short, be nice to the police, the vast majority are great people, and just want to do their job and go home safe. If you take it easy on them, they may take it easy on you. Keep it holstered until all other options fail and keeping it holstered longer would result in an unacceptable loss of life. Then pray to whatever gods you worship should you have to un-holster it.

Old 10-26-2015, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
It took me nearly a year to set aside the time to do the required 16 hour course and then pay my fees. Now I carry most days so long as my travels to not take me to a federal building or school. Sadly this means that when I am teaching on the weekends at a local college, I am unarmed. But they did put those nice no gun stickers on all the doors. So I will be safe in the knowledge that two dozen 3"x4" stickers are keeping a criminal from shooting me when I am at my most vulnerable. As the saying goes, when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.

Thankfully I live just far enough from the city to be in McHenry county, and they are much more gun friendly than their more corrupt counterparts closer to the lake. FYI - for anyone not familiar with IL politics the only portion of IL that is extremely unfriendly to firearms is Lake and Cook county. AKA Chicago and the very close suburbs.

Now before anyone walks away thinking I am a pro gun crazy and everyone needs to be armed at all times to be safe. I do think that everyone should have the right to protect themselves regardless of location. However I also think that we need to review what steps are required to purchase and operate a firearm. I was able to purchase my first pistol with 15 minutes of my personal time, a background check, and the patience to wait 3 days. This is wrong in my opinion and my personal belief is I should have been required to take some form of testing and personal training in basic firearm safety prior to being approved to own a firearm. I think it is almost comical that the first time I sat in a classroom to talk about firearms was 5 years after I purchased one. I have plenty of friends that have never had formal training. Although I do still consider them to be safe gun owners.

Anyhow I can get off my soap box and stop ranting.

In short, be nice to the police, the vast majority are great people, and just want to do their job and go home safe. If you take it easy on them, they may take it easy on you. Keep it holstered until all other options fail and keeping it holstered longer would result in an unacceptable loss of life. Then pray to whatever gods you worship should you have to un-holster it.
To keep it brief, the trainer, a former Metro cop, does the optional 16 hour training, 8 class room, 8 range. Permit filled out, submitted at DOS/HLS, fingerprinted at school board (ain't that a kick), pay him (first), pay state, renew 5 years later.

It has been incremental thru the years.

To get somewhere near topic, the toughest change was to allow workers to has firearms locked in trunk while in employer's parking lot. With workers traveling some distances, frequently at nigh, it was a matter of safety while in transit. Picture rural Illinois and that's a lot of Tennessee.

BTW, my daughter in law is from Lamont.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2015FIT
Just curious, have you received a traffic violation while driving your Fit? What type of violation was it? Did the officer make any comment about your Fit?

So I far I haven't had one , but I'm curious to know about other Fit drivers.
Yes, I hace around 103 speeding tickets. And I am not going to pay it. The highway has speed cameras and the speed is 50 miles. So freaking slow for anyone. so people here are driving at 35 miles because they are affraid of speeding tickets. I have license plate form another estate so they can not send me the tikets. :thumbs:

Old 10-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Wow Kike! Do they not withhold your license renewal or plate renewal for past due tickets?

And Lemont is a hop skip and a 2 hour drive from my neck of the woods!

Old 10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member

And Lemont is a hop skip and a 2 hour drive from my neck of the woods!
Son's mother in law would move down her except she'd loose the pension she has from long service as a Lemont city clerk. The weather being the attraction here. 5 inches of snow accumulation in a single winter means we've had a bad winter. Unfortunately that means most of the natives don't know how to drive in the snow.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
I got a speeding ticket for going 70 in a 55.. The cop and I had met earlier because he rented a place off of the access easement to my property. He would tear up the sandy soil so badly when coming and going that my Fit would sink and need to be dug out and the front bumper would be pulled off.

Old 01-03-2017, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Nope, been a long long time since I got a speeding ticket........not that I drive any slower

Old 01-03-2017, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
Got my last speeding ticket in 1977.

Quick Reply: Have you received a traffic violation while driving your Fit?