3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2017 honda fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM
2017 honda fit

H I. Does anybody know any info for the 2017 honda fit? I'm getting ready to buy a 2016 honda fit but I would like to see if it's worth the wait for the 2017. I looked at these links buts it's nothing official.2017 Honda Fit release date, redesign, specs, interior
Has anyone fou d anything else?

Old 04-10-2016, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
That site shows a car that looks just like the '15/'16 Fit, and why not? Honda doesn't do frequent madel changes. If this generation of the Fit follows previous practice, I expect a mid-cycle "refresh" (new grille, wheels and some new colors) for 2018, and a new model around 2021.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:55 PM
I believe the first generation went eight years, and the second-generation went eight years.

I sincerely doubt they'll change anything in the third-generation seeing that it is still so new.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
The only change for '16 was the move of production back to Japan and the unavailability of manual transmissions.

Old 04-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
The only change for '16 was the move of production back to Japan and the unavailability of manual transmissions.
Are you talking about model year '16 or calendar year '16?

Old 04-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Honda doesn't usually make any radical changes until a mid generation refresh, which will be 2018, possibly released in fall 2017.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gorilla
Honda doesn't usually make any radical changes until a mid generation refresh, which will be 2018, possibly released in fall 2017.
And those changes will hardly be "radical". More like a couple of new colors, a different grille, different alloy wheels for the EX, and so forth. As I said, I expect the 4th gen Fit (if there is to be one) in '21.

Old 04-11-2016, 01:49 PM
I highly doubt Honda will offer any changes for the 2017 Fit. It's simply to short of a time period since the 2015 Fit debut to expect any changes from Honda.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:18 AM
Thank you everyone. I think I will get the 2016 in that case.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:10 PM
5 Year Member
I'm wondering if 2018 parts would retrofit the 2015/2016 Fits. I'm new to Honda for mid cycle refreshes. It would be cool to change to some updated parts when the time comes.

To the OP, there's no point in waiting, so take a look at the 2016. I'm unsure if you should consider a 2015 that has sat on a dealer lot for a year. Bugs have been worked out for the 2016. The issue will be availability. If you are considering a manual shift it might be a long wait.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Odie
Found this , 2017 Honda Fit Release Date and Colors - 2016 BEST CARS 2017 , there's a video as well .
That link was posted in the first post in this thread. It basically discusses the changes between the GE and GK Fit, and has been out for a couple of years now. they just keep changing the "year".

Old news.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:24 AM
5 Year Member
Great info as I'm finishing my lease on 2013 Fit Sport. But I just read the headlights are too low on 3rd gen 2016 Fit making reading signs difficult. Anyone here have that problem? My 2013 is super easy to see as I have the fog lights too and can see everything. Maybe I should just buy out my 2013?

Kelley Blue Book

Old 05-03-2016, 07:46 AM
5 Year Member
Or just re-aim headlights? It's really not that hard. Never had a problem on mine and I haven't adjusted, but maybe some are more sensitive to that.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Grunthaner
Great info as I'm finishing my lease on 2013 Fit Sport. But I just read the headlights are too low on 3rd gen 2016 Fit making reading signs difficult. Anyone here have that problem? My 2013 is super easy to see as I have the fog lights too and can see everything. Maybe I should just buy out my 2013?

Kelley Blue Book
The headlamps in my '09 Fit were WAY too low, but fine after I adjusted them. My '15 has no such issues.

Old 05-05-2016, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
This is just about 100% confirmation for me to buy (not lease so I can sell it if I don't like it instead of keeping a lease for 3 years like I have with my 2013) now after reading a review I have another question.

The review from: What an upgrade! By Fitster on Sunday, August 17, 2014
Located at the bottom of the first page:

Kelley Blue Book

States great reviews for the 2016 but did say something about the limited recline for the seats. Can any 2016 owner comment on the recline problem?

Here is what he said:

"I was car shopping for my sister, and when we hopped in the 2015 Fit for a test drive, I knew what I had to do. I had been driving a 2013 Fit, and it was like Honda was reading my mind. They fixed every minor or major complaint I had with my 2013 with this update, and I traded mine in and got an EX-L. Here is my breakdown (sorry for the length, but I actually think Honda knocked it out of the park with this): 1 - Engine. The 2013, while very consistent on MPG, wasn't THAT fuel-efficient for the size and horsepower of the engine. After driving it in all New England weather conditions and locations for about a year and a half, I was getting about 30 MPG combined. My main complaint was always that I felt like the engine really struggled to get to 40 MPH, but then was fine cruising. It sounded like I was really pushing it, and the same was true with hills. It just lost acceleration and needed a downshift, and even then really didn't seem to "like" climbing. The 2015 is immediately getting around 40 MPG highway/30+ city, and even though the HP is only up to 130, it makes a HUGE difference. The acceleration is much more substantial and cleaner now, and it is rock solid on hills. The ride is MUCH more quiet and the car feels significantly more put-together. 2 - Interior. The 2013's interior, especially the hard surfaces and doors, looked and felt pretty cheap. The dashboard caused some brutal reflections onto the windshield in the sun, and the faux carpet materials and weak plastic on the doors were easy to scratch and just felt cheap. The 2015 does away with that "shiny" plastic, and the entire cabin looks and feels much more sturdy. The EX-L leather seats aren't exactly recliner-like, but they are awesome, they look great, and they fit in with the concept of upgrading the car without fundamentally changing it. The extra legroom in the rear now is also amazing, and I haven't noticed the difference in cargo space at all. 3 - Tech. Visibility has always been a Fit thing, and it still is awesome in the 2015, but they have also caught up with the technology. The multi-angle camera is a bumper-saver in my hometown of Boston, and now I can swipe any parking spot I see. The top-down view is great for fine-tuning those tight parallel jobs! Some people say that with such a small car, the LaneWatch blind spot camera and the rearview camera are gimmicky, but I disagree. They make driving and parking an easier experience for sure, and I think they are well-suited for this car. I love driving the new Fit. I only have two complaints so far: the "Blind spot" mirror on the driver side. It's stupid, and actually a little distracting. A digital blind spot monitor would have been much more practical, or even nothing would be better actually. The only other complaint is the S mode, which I still can't quite figure out. I used to drive the 2013 in S mode all the time, but with the CVT on the 2015, it's almost pointless. They give it 7 "gears", but they are not logically spaced out. Gears 4-7 are each 5 MPH apart...how do you shift 4 times in 20 MPH???? So far, it's been a much better experience just letting the CVT do its thing, which I find very smooth. I know the gear heads hate it, but I'll take the non-existent shift shock and higher MPG all day! Leather seats, power moonroof, heated seats and mirrors, 35 + MPG, rearview and blind spot cameras for $20K??? Not to mention you still get about as much cargo space as an SUV. No buyer's remorse here!"

Old 05-05-2016, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
There is plenty of recline. What I think they are saying is that it's not like a lay-z boy recliner for the car. That's how I interpret it.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:24 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks 2Rismo2, can you tell me if it is less recline than the previous model? Or anyone else for that matter. It's not like I'll be sleeping in it but sometimes long road trips require naps and my 2013 Fit Sport is perfect in recline and horrible for any travel beyond 1 hr.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
There is plenty of recline. What I think they are saying is that it's not like a lay-z boy recliner for the car. That's how I interpret it.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
GK5 has what Honda has dubbed refresh mode. See these links:

https://www.cars.com/articles/is-the...1420683174041/

FIRST DRIVE: 2015 Honda Fit

Essentially pull front seat all the way forward, take off headrest and recline flat.

Sorry no experience in a GE so can't compare them.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks wow great links. I think this seals the deal.
Also I see under the car they have covered most of the component parts and I'll spray silicone on bolts and other rustable parts on this one because mine rusted in 2.5 years. I'll try and post photos as my dealer repair guy told me to use steel wool and silicone. Mine is from Japan and I hear the models from China are the worst with weld rusting. I do not know how to tell which are from Japan after the white plastic on the paint is removed. My dealer told me all their cars on the lot in 2013 which were covered in plastic where from Japan.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
North America receives no Fits from China. Most are from Mexico and the rest from Japan.

Quick Reply: 2017 honda fit