3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Annoying Warranty Offers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 10:23 AM
5 Year Member
Annoying Warranty Offers

In yesterday's mail (Saturday) I received an envelope that appeared to have a Honda logo in the upper left corner. I opened and found a very official looking form detailing 3 levels of Warranty. This was slightly different from similar extensions from the past.

I have been receiving them since July 2015, 2 months after I bought the EX!!

Now I'm an old guy (less than a month from 76) and I don't drive much and I'm much more likely to run out the factory warranty in years than miles.

Dude at the other end said that the Fit had x number of computers built in and that the cheapest one to replace costs $2,600! Yeah, sure, right. I could buy one heck of a laptop for that! BTW, it wasn't Honda, but some "independent" service that "supports" many brands.

Although I told him, more or less politely, where he could put that offer.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
And when your factory warranty expires in 36 Months, the aftermarket warranty crowd will begin anew with a new round of annoying phone calls. They somehow have my wife's work phone too. I guess that Dealers will sell their contact information to anyone with money to offer.

Old 10-23-2016, 10:50 AM
Or they get the info from the DMV.

I've been repeatedly annoyed by New Rochelle Honda- they constantly sent letters that looked like recall notices, just to try to buy back my Fit and sell me a new one.

Which is why I didn't buy my new Fit there, even though they're the closest dealership.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
For $500 a year, I'll warrant your devices and mail against such annoying offers.

Oh Wait....just kidding. GRIN

+++++++++++++++++

Yeah, the DMV and the dealers often sell your contact info to others.

You are lucky you aren't approaching the Magic Age of 65....the offers for Medicare Supplement Plans and Hearing Aids just won't stop! YIKES I'm soooo glad we screen our phone calls!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
For $500 a year, I'll warrant your devices and mail against such annoying offers.

Oh Wait....just kidding. GRIN

+++++++++++++++++

Yeah, the DMV and the dealers often sell your contact info to others.

You are lucky you aren't approaching the Magic Age of 65....the offers for Medicare Supplement Plans and Hearing Aids just won't stop! YIKES I'm soooo glad we screen our phone calls!
Tzactly, like offers for female products, satellite internet/TV, reverse mortgages and the like when I'm male and live in an apartment. Scoop up the data and spew it out in all directions.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
It's odd, but I haven't had offer one for extended warranties show up for my Fit.

I do, however, get ads for hearing aids about once a week.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
It's odd, but I haven't had offer one for extended warranties show up for my Fit.

I do, however, get ads for hearing aids about once a week.
I too et those, along with male performance enhancements.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:40 AM
I only get extended warranties from the manufacturer since many aftermarket sellers bust out and you get no value.

Found a Honda dealer on Fitfreak that gave me a nice deal on Honda Care.

Felt the need because of the electronics and power accessories that I'd have never ordered if the FIT was available as a truly base model.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bob Levine
I only get extended warranties from the manufacturer since many aftermarket sellers bust out and you get no value.

Found a Honda dealer on Fitfreak that gave me a nice deal on Honda Care.

Felt the need because of the electronics and power accessories that I'd have never ordered if the FIT was available as a truly base model.
This is truly a matter of YMMV. The electronics and power accessories on modern cars are very dependable and rarely, if ever, go bad even outside the factory warranty period. As always, it is your choice. But let's see now, 3 years/36 thousand miles. At 75 I hope to out live the 3 years (good health/family history) and less than 5k miles/year... the factory warranty will probably cover the rare failure.

Purchased the car at 74, will be 76 on Bruce Lee's birthday.