3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

LED Bulb Now In Cargo Area Light

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 07:41 PM
LED Bulb Now In Cargo Area Light

Was unhappy with low light level in the back cargo area of my 2016 FIT.

Purchased a Sylvania ZEVO 194/168 bulb at O'Reillys and it considerably improved the light level.

Found info on opening the lens on you tube, and it was an easy swap.

Bulb cost $9.99 US but has a lifetime replacement warranty.

Old 11-26-2016, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I did the same a few months back, it helped...I only wish there was another bulb on the driver's side back there as well. Am considering swapping out the LED for a pancake styled LED, should improve lighting even more, but no one 'around here carries 'em and haven't been motivated enough to order one online....yet

Old 11-26-2016, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
The pancake LED's (from amazon) really light up the space well. I wish there was a switch on that light though. Anyone craft one up?

Old 11-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by tbFit
The pancake LED's (from amazon) really light up the space well. I wish there was a switch on that light though. Anyone craft one up?
The LED I bought is guaranteed for life so it can stay on with its low draw.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Yes, LED's no problem with current, but at times, when camping at night and you are using red headlamps, it would be nice to open the rear hatch and have the light stay off to preserve night vision.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Yes, LED's no problem with current, but at times, when camping at night and you are using red headlamps, it would be nice to open the rear hatch and have the light stay off to preserve night vision.
Yes. I had a cut-off switch on my 1961 Pontiac Tempest for use when dating at the drive-in movie. Very useful.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:05 PM
I'm using the pancake led's in the rear too makes a big difference. There is a switch available, from the HR-V : Cargo Light with switch [HR-V] (Part number 34265-SFE-003).

Going to try some COB led's to see if they can be brighter.

Another member here, installed a second light, in the cargo area.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:47 PM
I was gonna buy the HRV switch then I noticed my buddy's Acura SUV that he was selling had the same switch. So we swapped them out, perfect fit and has a switch on the light now.

Old 11-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Just did a comparison of the various LED's that I've got.

The pancake one is good. A larger array, which will never fit, is obviously brighter.

The COB LED's, are insanely bright. Off to ebay!

Old 11-27-2016, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Hello,

Can you please point out the right model for the Pancake style LED from Amazon? and what is the maximum diameter of the Pancake that will fit the trunk light housing?

Thanks

Old 11-27-2016, 07:54 PM
Not Amazon, but here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Car-LED-Light-T10-W5W-194-921-168-Bulb-Lamp-24-3528-1210-SMD-LED-White-/192011240686?hash=item2cb4c304ee

Old 11-27-2016, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
Not Amazon, but here:
Thanks Action Jackson

Old 11-27-2016, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
I end up buying this one from SuperBrightLEDs.com,...

921 LED Bulb - 9 SMD LED Disc - Miniature Wedge Retrofit
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications
because this is the brightest one I can find at this website that will still fit the housing.
It can generate 130lumen with 6000K color.

Initially I was thinking of buying the one with the 12 SMD LED
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...Specifications
but after taking out my trunk light housing and measuring the available space with caliper and compare it with this light dimension,
I found out it is too big... (specifically too long so I will not be able to insert it... although the pancake diameter will fit)

I also surprise to see that I actually already have this one with the 6 SMD LED on my car:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...rofit-car/213/
I thought I was using a the tower style one...
I just forget since I bought this 6 SMD LED one long time ago and it is NOT bright enough...

Old 11-28-2016, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Bob Levine
Was unhappy with low light level in the back cargo area of my 2016 FIT.

Purchased a Sylvania ZEVO 194/168 bulb at O'Reillys and it considerably improved the light level.

Found info on opening the lens on you tube, and it was an easy swap.

Bulb cost $9.99 US but has a lifetime replacement warranty.
Could you post a link to that Youtube video?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member
The rear lens can be removed by just pinching the edges together with your fingers and wiggling it out.

Old 11-28-2016, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Yes. I replaced the white light with a purple one and added a strip of purple LEDs on the left side. That's sometimes a little dim, so I added white spotlights, and an illuminated pushbutton switch to swap between them. It would be just as easy to keep the lights white and use the button to turn the lights off. See my build thread. Link in sig.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToddF
Yes. I replaced the white light with a purple one and added a strip of purple LEDs on the left side. That's sometimes a little dim, so I added white spotlights, and an illuminated pushbutton switch to swap between them. It would be just as easy to keep the lights white and use the button to turn the lights off. See my build thread. Link in sig.
As a former robotics mentor, I think it is incredibly cool your dedication to your robotics team and your appropriately themed car. Your car would easily win the competition meets in the parking lots! Nice work!

Old 11-29-2016, 07:34 AM
5 Year Member
There's a big thread here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...provement.html

It's a worthwhile mod and I agree the cargo area would benefit from additional lighting source.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pitcha
Could you post a link to that Youtube video?
Try this but not a video. Worked for me using a credit card instead of a screwdriver,

Honda Fit (Jazz) Cargo Area Light Bulb Replacement Guide With Picture Illustrated Instructions

Old 11-29-2016, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Bob Levine
Try this but not a video. Worked for me using a credit card instead of a screwdriver,

Honda Fit (Jazz) Cargo Area Light Bulb Replacement Guide With Picture Illustrated Instructions

Thanks Bob!

Quick Reply: LED Bulb Now In Cargo Area Light