3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Refresh 2017 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 03:12 AM
5 Year Member
Refresh 2018 Fit

Hi all

Well according to Honda Pro Jason it says that Fit is going to get a mid cycle refresh for the 2018 that would be on sale in mid 2017. This guys is a honda and knows a lot. Since the Fit was released in 2014 it has been 3 years with the same model. If I may guess I would say it would be just a minor refresh.

What would you change for this minor refresh?

Last edited by KikeDiaz; 01-04-2017 at 03:13 AM. Reason: I mistake years it is 2018 instead =D
Old 12-31-2016, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
2017 Fits are already on the road, and they're just like the 2016.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Buck Fitty
2017 Fits are already on the road, and they're just like the 2016.
This! '17's are already on the lot at my local dealer and I see no difference.

In my experience I've rarely, if ever seen a car that looked better as a result of a mid-cycle "refresh". Usually it amounts to just "change for the sake of change".

Old 12-31-2016, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
Going out on a limb, I think HondaPro is referring to a mid model refresh that would affect the '18 models. The '18 models would come out in late '17.
With the exception of the recent generation of the Civic that was a bust, Honda rarely puts anything of substance into a mid model refresh. I do not foresee a change in engines, for example.
It's the next generation of the Fit that will be of interest. What will Honda add that will give it more value/performance without eating into the sales of the Civic or the HRV?

Old 12-31-2016, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Weren't the GKs available elsewhere before coming to the U.S. for the 2015 model year? Maybe this is something similar ...

Old 12-31-2016, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, this video just came out a few days ago so he's talking about the 2018 model. It is extremely unlikely there will be any changes to the power train since it's only a mid model refresh and they won't want to spend a lot or do anything radical. Beyond that there's plenty they can do with front seats, floor carpeting, sound insulation, instrumentation, stereo, etc. More LED lighting would be nice, especially headlights.

The major changes would come probably in a major redesign in perhaps 2020.

Old 12-31-2016, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
The latest Civic mid-model refresh re-instated the volume knob.

Old 12-31-2016, 08:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Farrago
Going out on a limb, I think HondaPro is referring to a mid model refresh that would affect the '18 models. The '18 models would come out in late '17.
It's the next generation of the Fit that will be of interest. What will Honda add that will give it more value/performance without eating into the sales of the Civic or the HRV?
Yes my bad, I ment 2018 that will be in sale mid 2017. There is in Mexico another honda called City that it is like the fit but expensive and with an old motor. Maybe they will both have the same motor now?

Originally Posted by woof
More LED lighting would be nice, especially headlights.

Yes more leds!!!

Old 12-31-2016, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by KikeDiaz
Yes my bad, I ment 2018 that will be in sale mid 2017. There is in Mexico another honda called City that it is like the fit but expensive and with an old motor. Maybe they will both have the same motor now?

Yes more leds!!!

The Fit/Jazz evolved from the City. The Fit is the hatchback and the City is the sedan. The Fit name was first used as a trim level for the City

Old 12-31-2016, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Buck Fitty
The latest Civic mid-model refresh re-instated the volume knob.
That's a reason to trade up right there.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 12-31-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
That's a reason to trade up right there.
there is a volume control on the steering wheel. works by moving your thumb.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I don't remember the last time I actually touched the HU's volume controls... 100% of the time from the steering wheel for me too.

how are the civics anyway? I hear quality issues out of the box and Honda's been trying real hard to recover their brand image of building reliable cars.. the only Hondas dat had zero issues for me were all made in Japan.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
My wish list for a mid-model refresh:

- Actual armrest height center console
- Updated infotainment with Carplay, Android Auto, and a volume knob
- A cargo cover like the one the Civic hatch has
- Tone down the chrome. The rear chrome strip is hideous.

I suspect what we'll actually get is slightly different front and rear bumpers and maybe a new wheel design.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hampton1
- Tone down the chrome. The rear chrome strip is hideous.
That's why I bought an LX .....well, really, for the manual trans, but, yeah, the fake chrome seems silly

Old 01-02-2017, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Usually mid-cycle refreshes are just "tweaks".

So "If" and when it comes, I wouldn't expect anything drastic.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bladhmadh
there is a volume control on the steering wheel. works by moving your thumb.
I know. I was being sarcastic. I haven't missed having a volume knob on the radio at all, but some people consider it a major issue.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 01-03-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
My '13 Prius Plug-In had a similar rear chrome strip to differentiate it from the non-plug-in Prii so I'm rather used to it.

Originally Posted by Fuelish
That's why I bought an LX .....well, really, for the manual trans, but, yeah, the fake chrome seems silly

Old 01-04-2017, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by woof
Yes, this video just came out a few days ago so he's talking about the 2018 model. It is extremely unlikely there will be any changes to the power train since it's only a mid model refresh and they won't want to spend a lot or do anything radical. Beyond that there's plenty they can do with front seats, floor carpeting, sound insulation, instrumentation, stereo, etc. More LED lighting would be nice, especially headlights.

I would be quite interested in the content to be changed. Some changes that people might consider trivial or subtle can be the difference between acceptable and unacceptable in a car. Even in the absence of an announced "refresh", I believe that the Fit has seen some changes in the last couple of years.

I drove a 2015 LX with a CVT early lasy year, and the interior noise was ridiculous. I later read that the LX lacked some of the sound insulation provided in the EX. Last week when I drove a 2017 LX with a manual transmission, it was much quieter.

If the refresh included a drivers seat more appropriate to a full-sized occidental and a sixth gear just a bit more long legged, I doubt that I would be able to resist buying one.

Last edited by nobdy; 01-04-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
The trick...

Reading about people setting up refresh..

My girlfriend races bicycles and we use refresh mode often when we have to commute between races and need all the prep time possible if traveling from race to race, between Saturday and Sunday.

Two people is ideal.
1.I man the front seat work.
2. Girlfriend takes the backseat and makes sure it's held at a slight angle.
3. I move the front seat all the way forward.
4. I then start lowering the backrest while matching it up with the rear seat.
5. While I have pressure on the seats I pull the slide handle for the front seat again so it's no longer locked and can slide another 1/4" forward.
6. I finish pressing the seats down at the same time, wedging them together.

They fit perfectly flush and the little bit of wrinkle always comes out when I take it out of refresh mode.

Honda says don't drive in refresh... I agree.. we do it anyway, carefully.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
What is that all about?

DaveGee

Quick Reply: Refresh 2017 Fit