3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

P219A Code

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:50 AM
5 Year Member
Dang at only 26K? I'm at double that and (knock on wood) haven't had an issue. Since I'm out of warranty, it's going to suck if I have to deal with this.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by atvfit16
DO IT!! This a manufactures defect, too many cars with this unique code. I got mine done after explaining to them that it was not my intake or other modifications.
yes...getting it done tomorrow.....Auto Nation Honda in northern Virginia.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Dang at only 26K? I'm at double that and (knock on wood) haven't had an issue. Since I'm out of warranty, it's going to suck if I have to deal with this.
I'll be out of warranty in about 10,000 miles....which is nothing as much as I drive. I was curious as to why Honda offers 36,000 mi warranty when its competitors offer 50,000 mi. I was told that Honda builds them better, blah, blah. blah. I'm seeing that it's the roll of the dice. I see Fits with years of care free drivers and others with issue after issue. Honestly, I'll be worried when my warranty is up. I may look into a aftermarket warranty...I don't know. Luckily I can do most minor stuff if it comes up, but with cars being what they are these days, I'm f*&^ed if a sensor goes bad that's buried somewhere. At least I shouldn't have to worry about injectors for a while.....

Last edited by tsand19151; 01-09-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member
More info (might help someone): Light actually came on about 3 weeks ago. I live in Northern Virginia, near DC. Just got back from Jacksonville, FL. with no issues (car got excellent mileage by the way). Went to a car wash the next day the light came on shortly afterwards. I carry a cheap code reader and got the P219A. Was near a dealer and they had time to read the same code. The service guy asked if I had been to a pressure car wash, to which I said "yes". He said the O2 sensor connector probably got wet....cleared the code. Sounded reasonable..I was happy and on my way. Two days later the light came on again..same code. Back to dealer. This time they took the car in. Was told the tech "found moisture in the O2 connector". This time my eyebrow went up. OK...so I was on my way again, this time a bit more concerned. Did some research here (you guys are the best) and waited for the light to come back on...which it did yesterday. Went back this morning and politely told the guy I didn't want to hear anything about O2 sensors or connectors. Came back about 45min later and told me about the injectors.

Last edited by tsand19151; 01-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:06 PM
Originally Posted by woof
The Fit car is assembled in Mexico and I could be wrong but I don't believe that the engines/transmissions are made there.
Just bought a 2018 fit and it says on the sales sticker that The engine is made in Japan and the transmission is made in Mexico.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SR14626
Just bought a 2018 fit and it says on the sales sticker that The engine is made in Japan and the transmission is made in Mexico.
The first digit of the cars VIN indicates where that particular car was built.
J=Japan
2=Canada
3=Mexico
1,4,5,7 = USA

Drivetrain component origins are on the window stickers.

Old 02-01-2018, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by tsand19151
More info (might help someone): Light actually came on about 3 weeks ago. I live in Northern Virginia, near DC. Just got back from Jacksonville, FL. with no issues (car got excellent mileage by the way). Went to a car wash the next day the light came on shortly afterwards. I carry a cheap code reader and got the P219A. Was near a dealer and they had time to read the same code. The service guy asked if I had been to a pressure car wash, to which I said "yes". He said the O2 sensor connector probably got wet....cleared the code. Sounded reasonable..I was happy and on my way. Two days later the light came on again..same code. Back to dealer. This time they took the car in. Was told the tech "found moisture in the O2 connector". This time my eyebrow went up. OK...so I was on my way again, this time a bit more concerned. Did some research here (you guys are the best) and waited for the light to come back on...which it did yesterday. Went back this morning and politely told the guy I didn't want to hear anything about O2 sensors or connectors. Came back about 45min later and told me about the injectors.
i recently bought and rebuilt the body on a 2015 Fit with 62,000 miles. Drove to Florida and back and got cat dtc code on way back. I put some laquer thinner in my tank to clean cat and now the dreaded P219A code is on. Solved the Cat code and now the defective FIT code. Car runs a bit rough cold (it’s 20 degrees here) but runs well warm. Getting 37mpg which is good so no problems other than engine light. Please let me know if ur problem goes away or if u change your oxygen sensor because I may try that and the fuel filter before going further

Old 05-25-2018, 01:31 PM
5 Year Member
Just had this same thing happen to me. Injectors getting replaced next week. Luckily I had almost exactly 1000 miles left on my warranty. My fuel mileage stayed pretty much the same and there weren't other symptoms other than the CEL.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ls40095

i recently bought and rebuilt the body on a 2015 Fit with 62,000 miles. Drove to Florida and back and got cat dtc code on way back. I put some laquer thinner in my tank to clean cat and now the dreaded P219A code is on. Solved the Cat code and now the defective FIT code. Car runs a bit rough cold (it’s 20 degrees here) but runs well warm. Getting 37mpg which is good so no problems other than engine light. Please let me know if ur problem goes away or if u change your oxygen sensor because I may try that and the fuel filter before going further
It was the injectors. Replaced under warranty.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:52 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
If this happened to my GK that would definitely put the nail in the coffin..

Old 06-22-2018, 10:34 AM
rrc
P219a

Took my 2015 Fit (49,000 mi) into the shop yesterday, to resolve the P219A error, Turned out to be a clogged fuel injector. All 4 injectors were replaced at no charge. Thank you Honda!

Old 02-06-2019, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have a 2015 EX and the P219A and P0420 codes deployed this last month. I’m at 101k mi.

I was apart of a recall back in 2016 for something, I think it was the fuel injector? My car is at the shop and I can’t remember now what it was but my mechanic cleared the code in the hope that my gas cap code that was thrown was causing these others to throw (someone was syphoning gas from my car while parked). If it throws the injector code again, should I call Honda and request they fix this? Or would it be unrelated because of the length of time between now and then? I didn’t have to pay anything under the recall.

Sorry, I’m late to the game. I don’t know if it’s got good gas mileage or not because I don’t drive my car very often (I work from home) and the person that does drive it knows nothing about cars except how to turn them on and off (and sometimes that’s questionable). I did notice that it feels like maybe there is some misfire or the timing retarded and it’s sluggish, but it wasn’t consistent on the drive.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Old 02-06-2019, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
there are issues with the injectors and fuel rail(dont understand how a piece of pipe could actually be an issue) there is a service bulletin

my advice?

if it runs 100% fine and the gas milage isnt auful..it MAY run for a long time( or not)..there is a screen that shows the milage on the 7" screen

probably because of the milage you are completely out of warranty

long term you may need new fuel injectors

Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
If there's the problem with the fuel injectors/fuel rail then there's a risk that too much fuel may be dumped into the engine and not fully burn. If this raw fuel gets past the engine it will end up in the catalytic converter where the high heat will ignite it, burning out the cat in the process. There was a post or two a ways back on this where I believe the techs thought the car's problem were simply a bad cat not realizing it wasn't the source of the problem. Needless to say the owner had to come back at a later date when problems popped up again and this time they did the injector/fuel rail replacement. Just going from memory, don't quite remember all the details. Just want to point out that if you really have a problem with the injectors/fuel rail then you don't want to continue driving long term like this because the eventual cost of repair could increase if the cat goes.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2015FITEX
and fuel rail(dont understand how a piece of pipe could actually be an issue)
It's part of the injector replacement job. The fuel pipe in question is designed as a one-time-use part, so it must be replaced because it has to be disassembled in order to replace the injectors.

Also, even if only one fuel injector has a problem, the injectors are only sold new as a (flow matched) set.

Old 02-07-2019, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
It's part of the injector replacement job. The fuel pipe in question is designed as a one-time-use part, so it must be replaced because it has to be disassembled in order to replace the injectors.

Also, even if only one fuel injector has a problem, the injectors are only sold new as a (flow matched) set.
wow ...good info to know, thanks

if you DIy it...do you REALLY have to replace the pipe?...any idea what actually makes it one time use?

PS im the type of person who empties out vacum bags to save the cost of a new vacume bag

Old 02-07-2019, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
Check out this thread on someone who replaced it themselves and seems to have fixed their problem: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...injectors.html

Old 02-07-2019, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2015FITEX
do you REALLY have to replace the pipe?
Hondas service information says it must be replaced.

Direct injection runs fuel pressure upwards of 3000 PSI.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by atvfit16
The engine light came on, so I removed the hot battery cable and waited. It came back after 50 miles or so. Went to the dealer and the told me it is the P219A (throttle body) they were blaming it on the intake that I have and because it may have some oil on it, throttle body needs cleaning, or something is loose.

I have read that it might be the gas cap, it's cold, loose dip stick, needs cleaning, but on other makes of vehicles, nothing on a Honda. It was funny that for a service place that it had to use a cheap code reader and the lady was reading the code PA219, in which I tried to find and could not and wanted to get me in a service for $99. The manager was cool about it and did not charge me.

So I want to know if there is fix for this, what is causing it. Maybe the Throttle sensor going bad? Help!
My dealer charged $350 for a fuel system cleaning - didn't accomplish a thing!

Honda codes:
https://www.engine-light-help.com/ho...ine-light.html

Generic codes:
https://www.obd-codes.com/p20-codes

I don't see either P219A or PA219

EDIT: I found that code.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p219a

Last edited by SilverEX15; 02-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Your car won't pass state inspection if it is showing codes. We got our Fit inspected two months late while waiting for one repair or the other to keep the code turned off ($700) long enough to pass inspection. Two weeks after the inspection, the Ck Eng light came on again.

Quick Reply: P219A Code