3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 11:24 AM
contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control

contact Honda on facebook now and ask for automatic climate control option to be available in USA like the Canadian ones.

Old 04-14-2017, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
Why? Just more complexity I don't need.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
Agreed ... already own my Fit, living just fine without it, it's meaningless to me. I'm fine with having to turn on the ac or heat, use knobs/switches to control everything, use a key to start the car, and shift my own gears. Love my humble LX

Old 04-14-2017, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah...
My previous vehicle had "Climate Control" and I was often over riding it anyway.

I wouldn't be opposed to having it.
I'm not feeling I really need it or missing it.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:16 PM
I drive for Lyft, the cabinet inside temperature is changing rapidly every time doors are open and how many passengers in the car, I had to adjust the fan speed and the temp every all the time.
with my Scion iM, with ACC I don't have this problem.
I didn't notes how important the ACC till I started driving for Lyft, otherwise if you are driving from point A to B without changes the manual will be good enough.
think about it, why homes has ACC? would you like to keep walk to the controllers every time its cold or hot ??
ACC on the Canadian Fit is optimal on EX-L only, it will not cost you a dime if contact them.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by salamlaith
enough.
think about it, why homes has ACC? would you like to keep walk to the controllers every time its cold or hot ??
ACC on the Canadian Fit is optimal on EX-L only, it will not cost you a dime if contact them.
I don't mind walking to my home's thermostat to adjust temp as needed...no big deal, am thankful I have a house with heat and ac....as far as not costing a dime, well time is money, and I ain't taking the time to ask for something I don't want nor need....I wish you luck

Old 04-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
I don't mind walking to my home's thermostat to adjust temp as needed

your adjust your home thermostat at 72f for example, and the thermostat will automatically adjust the fans speed to reach that temperature as soon as possible, when the house temperature reaches 72f the ac system will shout off that's exactly what the ACC does.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by salamlaith
That does make sense, being in only EX-L.
EX-L should have more luxury features. Like this, exterior sensors, and maybe even a remote start. They shouldn't start a luxury Trim if they are not planning to go all head to head with whats moderately new.

Alas, I didn't buy a EX-L because I did not want to keep up with the leather maintenance over the course of many years.

But I completely agree EX-L should have this automatic control.

Will I contact them about it? Naw. I like knowing when my AC is on-on, and rather it not kick on when I don't want it to.
I'm sure the reason why it was left out of US line was for cost and demand. If I am not mistaken, this higher trim only started with these 3rd gen's, they could just be testing the waters in the US market, keeping the changes between EX-L and EX minor till they have feedback in what more features features are desired in the luxury trim and how that will change that price point and demand.... hopefully.

If you really want it, sounds like a road trip tto p Canada for a trade.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure ACC comes with the EX-L model, US edition. I thought I saw it on one when I bought my 2016 EX. I know it's in the owners manual. Unless it was a used Canadian model I saw. I forget.

Last edited by Jack Hammer; 04-14-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
My 2017 EX-L does not have ACC. It's a Canadian thing.

DaveGee

Old 04-14-2017, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jack Hammer
Pretty sure ACC comes with the EX-L model, US edition. I thought I saw it on one when I bought my 2016 EX. I know it's in the owners manual. Unless it was a used Canadian model I saw. I forget.
Yup, ACC standard on the US EX-L, along with CVC, wink mirrors and Leather for slightly over 2 grand USD over my 2015 EX 6M w/AC to match. Leather in Nashville? It was 90 at the front bumper today, Apr. 14. It was so hot I took my light jacket off, went to Office Depot, the bank, and to Kroger's, all with my legally held and carried revolver inside the waist band holster. Not a single head turned, not even from little kids.

I owned a 2008 Suzuki SX4 with ACC. It worked great ... cool or warm within half a mile of startup. Like the feature, but it isn't work the extra bucks and the scorched butt, YMMV.

:

Old 04-15-2017, 07:52 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
you from the flinstones (cavemen) era? all u do is hit AUTO and adjust temperature and leave it.
if u need defrost or max a/c, just hit those buttons, then hit AUTO again when satisfied..

Old 04-15-2017, 09:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
you from the flinstones (cavemen) era? all u do is hit AUTO and adjust temperature and leave it.
if u need defrost or max a/c, just hit those buttons, then hit AUTO again when satisfied..
To each his/her own ... YMMV ... ACC is convent, but not a necessity for everyone. Uncle Gary MAY be a troglodyte, or just someone who prefers simplicity.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
FUnny ,, I've never ridden in a vehicle with climate control that was comfortable. Always slow to react and overshooting the temps.

If I could gut it out of my wifes E46 BMW I'd do it in a heartbeat.. It wasn't available in the US without it, but was in the EU.. 175 dollar fan controller is one of the like 50 parts it takes to make it go..

My littel GD does fine with 3 knobs and no dinking around..

Old 04-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Without it I find I'm constantly adjusting the temp/fan when I go from sun to shade or sun to clouds, stopped in traffic to highway driving, etc. It would be a nice feature.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
To each his/her own ... YMMV ... ACC is convent, but not a necessity for everyone. Uncle Gary MAY be a troglodyte, or just someone who prefers simplicity.
I think the proper term for me might better be "luddite" (Google it).

Or maybe I just don't see it as an issue one way or the other. In any case, I'm not going to waste my time asking Honda for something I don't need because someone is using his Fit as a taxi, and has to adjust the heater controls. That comes under the category of "first world problems."

Besides, I know from experience, that contacting Honda is a waste of time. I did that over the sagging bumper issue, and the dashboard gap issue. Two years later, both issues are unresolved, and I'm done contacting Honda. They just don't care.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
FUnny ,, I've never ridden in a vehicle with climate control that was comfortable. Always slow to react and overshooting the temps.

If I could gut it out of my wifes E46 BMW I'd do it in a heartbeat.. It wasn't available in the US without it, but was in the EU.. 175 dollar fan controller is one of the like 50 parts it takes to make it go..

My littel GD does fine with 3 knobs and no dinking around..

ur BMW is one of the worst examples of how climate control works.. seriously, even the newer 3-series suck, dont think that all climate controls are like dat because my cars work fine. i think generally BMW drivers who have their lower rank cars are silly.. they suffer and accept the discomfort just for the badge.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:58 AM
just to add facts

1- ACC has sensors to for sun light and moister inside the cabinet to Auto adjust the AC according to.

2- Automatic Climate Control CAN BE MANUAL TOO!, just don't hit the Auto button and chose the temp and fan speed manually.

Old 04-17-2017, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
It's really not a feature that would nudge me to go from an EX to an EX-L either if it was available in the US.

It's funny people complained about touch screen controls for radio, and now others want it for the HVAC system lol.

Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM
While you are asking Honda for this, can you also ask for the Mugen suspension and rear discs as well? LOL

Quick Reply: contact Honda now and ask for automatic climate control