3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JDM Fits - pics and finds in Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Cool thread. I think Belch said the options for a Fit in Japan take a couple of hours to go through. Japanese people are diligent and will be ok with all the options. North Americans might throw up their hands and walk away.

Maybe North Americans can't handle that many options. If you like options Japan is cool that way. I hope that in the future we can do the same online and build a custom car.
Actually ordering a new car takes hours, but the options aren't necessarily part of it. When I bought mine, the sales dude brought me the pamphlets that MrPeeps got and you're given a brief run down of the most popular upgrades and any that you ordered on your last car.

Most of the time is spent boot licking the customer, if I'm honest.

The plethora of options is for the discerning mark who can't say no. The Japanese are very polite, and if a salesman who is also very polite kindly suggests that a carbon fibre key fob cover (about 40 bucks) will look quite attractive in your pocket, then it's easy to say "okay". He might ask if you have a dog, and if you do, he'll suggest a 30 dollar pet emblem that says "dog on board" to let people know that you love your dog. And of course, a dog leash (35 dollars) specifically made for the fit that is precisely the right size to allow your dog freedom to wag its tail, but not so much that he'll stick his head out of the window is perfect to go with the pet emblem.

They do have a lot of options, but most customers will just go for a particular package. They get you there too because if you want a sat nav, but the basic package doesn't include a sat nav, then they'll suggest going for a more deluxe package that includes the sat nav, plus a bunch of other stuff that you probably don't want, but you'll pay for anyway.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
I liked these pics (especially the ones from Suzuka). Thanks for posting!

Old 04-22-2017, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for all the info! I'm headed home tomorrow but if I see anything else I'll be sure to post it.

My friend hooked me up with this sweet gift from the dealership!

Honda dealership promo item

Old 04-22-2017, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Carbuff2
I liked these pics (especially the ones from Suzuka). Thanks for posting!
Here's some more!
Suzuka circuit shuttle
What's more beautiful than suzuka? Suzuka with sakura

Choice place for a wedding.

Yes, it's a tool box in the hotel room

Old 04-23-2017, 12:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TorontoBoy
Cool thread. I think Belch said the options for a Fit in Japan take a couple of hours to go through. Japanese people are diligent and will be ok with all the options. North Americans might throw up their hands and walk away.

Maybe North Americans can't handle that many options. If you like options Japan is cool that way. I hope that in the future we can do the same online and build a custom car.

That is the same as here in North America.
You clearly don't remember the US market from the mid 1950s to the early 1980s. Order lists from engine options (6 cyl. to V8s ... mild to wild). Transmission and other drivetrain. Interior and exterior trim.

Honda can do that in its home country, but it would not be practical for export markets. The export mix is balanced by popular features and packaged accordingly. That applies to all Honda and Acura models.

Personally I'd like to have foldable "wink" rear view mirrors. But that would cost more and delayed delivery.