3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Noticed this some time back on the side marker lenses

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
Noticed this some time back on the side marker lenses

I drive a '15 LX .... some time ago (meant to ask about it before, but, it's not a pressing issue) I noticed a small red S at the rear point of the front side marker lamp lenses, looks similar to the red S on a Mini Cooper S or on a Corolla S....how bizarre. Just a random thought that finally came back to me

Old 08-08-2017, 12:20 PM
I looked but can't see an S on my 2016 LX. But then again, my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Old 08-08-2017, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BenQuick
I looked but can't see an S on my 2016 LX. But then again, my eyes aren't what they used to be.
It's tiny, and red....smaller than a pea, I'd say...and we bought this CPO from the local Honda dealer, am just assuming they're stock, who knows?....I'll have to see if my feeble smartphone camera skills can grab a pic at some point

Old 08-08-2017, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
I drive a '15 LX .... some time ago (meant to ask about it before, but, it's not a pressing issue) I noticed a small red S at the rear point of the front side marker lamp lenses, looks similar to the red S on a Mini Cooper S or on a Corolla S....how bizarre. Just a random thought that finally came back to me
where? got a picture? I looked and didn't find what you were referring to. I did see a raised perimeter of a very small circle, but it's not located at any point of the side marker.

Old 08-09-2017, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
Here's a quick crappy pic of the driver's side rear "point." It doesn't appear to be or feel like a sticker, more almost like painted on, and too nicely done to have been by previous owner, so am guessing it came this way...I just find it strange <EDIT> Seeing it in the pic, it looks crappier than to the naked eye...it's like it was "printed" on, for lack of better description. Definitely not a sticker, and I dunno why it even bothers me...LOL - maybe because it's 2 small points of red on a black-on-black car. I'll attempt to remove 'em, one day - perhaps just a few alcohol swabs might rub 'em off.

Last edited by Fuelish; 08-09-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
I have no "S" at either the passenger or driver side marker. 2017 LX.

Last edited by wasserball; 08-09-2017 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:19 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks, wasserball ... maybe the PO did apply them in some way, although I don't know how nor why. I'm gonna try removing them just because

Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Me neither.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
OK. Now am thinking someone did indeed apply them - seemed like real thin paint, definitely not stickers. I spent a few minutes with a couple of alcohol swabs, and they came right off, so....nevermind, I guess 😁

Old 08-11-2017, 08:59 AM
I dunno. Maybe you should have left it on. Now your Fit has lost its uniqueness. No other Fit owner in the world has a red S Fit like you had. Now it's just a plain ole Fit like the rest of us common folk have.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BenQuick
I dunno. Maybe you should have left it on. Now your Fit has lost its uniqueness. No other Fit owner in the world has a red S Fit like you had. Now it's just a plain ole Fit like the rest of us common folk have.
Yeah, well, the rest of the car is basically black and charcoal gray (wheelcovers are about the color of the tires) ....the S's kinda stood out (in my mind, anyway.....LOL....nobody would see them if they didn't know they were there, hell, I had the car for few months before I noticed them) And there's nothing particularly "S" about a Fit LX... I do have the Progress RSB and a Tanabe Touring Medallion axleback, , at least

Old 08-11-2017, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
Used lots, rental fleets, auctions, they sometimes use a subtle marking like that to denote something. I've seen a red dot of paint on several cars, always on a headlight or taillight. I couldn't tell you what it actually means, though.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i keep forgetting to look for this.. lol

honestly looking close at the mexican made GK is NOT recommended. just glance at the car from afar..

Old 08-12-2017, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
Fit'n'finish on mine is fine, other than a few glitches in the paint that don't appear to be rust. And it's done the cold start-up noise maybe 4 time in the 14 months I've had it. I love it enough to overlook some shtuff

Old 08-15-2017, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting...
To the OP, did you buy this vehicle New or Used?

I have a hard time believing that if this is something commonly done at either the factory, or a major port, or even by a provider/vendor of that part, that you would be nearly the only one noticing this, or with this mark.

If you bought this vehicle used? Then it could be anything.

If nothing else, it's a strange mystery.

Old 08-15-2017, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
Interesting...
To the OP, did you buy this vehicle New or Used?

I have a hard time believing that if this is something commonly done at either the factory, or a major port, or even by a provider/vendor of that part, that you would be nearly the only one noticing this, or with this mark.

If you bought this vehicle used? Then it could be anything.

If nothing else, it's a strange mystery.
Yeah, it was bought CPO from the local Honda dealer and, for how easily they came off with alcohol, am sure it was something applied post factory, but they were pretty good looking little red "S"'s, and they weren't stickers, felt like they were "printed" on, or painted, dunno. but they looked too almost too perfect to have been done by hand by the typical layman. But, that's neither here nor there, they're gone, daddy, gone. Apparently someone thought it was a good idea....not I

Old 08-16-2017, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks, wasserball ... maybe the PO did apply them in some way, although I don't know how nor why. I'm gonna try removing them just because
No, no no.... your car is unique!

Old 08-16-2017, 02:46 AM
OK. Now am thinking someone did indeed apply them - seemed like real thin paint, definitely not stickers. I spent a few minutes with a couple of alcohol swabs, and they came right off, so....nevermind, I guess 😁
just a grease pen, could've been used to denote anything

Old 08-16-2017, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
Used lots, rental fleets, auctions, they sometimes use a subtle marking like that to denote something. I've seen a red dot of paint on several cars, always on a headlight or taillight. I couldn't tell you what it actually means, though.
I'm going to go ahead and quote myself. Seriously, this is what it was. The auction or dealership marked it do denote something. Like it's been inspected, sold, whatever. I have seen red markings in the same sort of spot on many vehicles. I guess people have fun speculating or dreaming up some mysterious reason.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sneefy
I'm going to go ahead and quote myself. Seriously, this is what it was. The auction or dealership marked it do denote something. Like it's been inspected, sold, whatever. I have seen red markings in the same sort of spot on many vehicles. I guess people have fun speculating or dreaming up some mysterious reason.
Yeah, if I worked at an auction yard I'd be doing this just so people would be wondering what and why.😉

Quick Reply: Noticed this some time back on the side marker lenses