3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

2018 HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Package Quick Look from Honda Pro Jason

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
2018 HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Package Quick Look from Honda Pro Jason

Good video to check out if your in the market for a 2018 with some extra tweeks:

"Check out the 2018 Honda Fit. Honda has upgraded the suspension, steering, infotainment, safety and so much more. Watch as I walk you around 3 different new Fits inside and out. Some new features include Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, HFP Accessory kit, Sport Trim Level and Honda sensing safety tech available on Every Trim Level."
Honda pro Jason just picked up his 2018 Type R civic too. He has a HRV for the family hauler.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:47 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
this guy is a great presenter making something out of nothing (chrome knob? red floor mats? red e-tape looking accents on the wheels) very exciting. great job on the vid.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
That guy sure gets easily excited, doesn't he? I've seen the "orange fury" in person, and I admit to being a bit disappointed. To my eye it looks more like "salmon pink".

Old 08-13-2017, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
My $.02.

I think Honda had heard enough comments and complaints about minor issues and problems in this generation of the Fit. Along with the usual styling change to the bumpers, this gives Honda enough to say that it added features of considerable value to the MMC.

My reply is that these are issues that should have been addressed with the release in 2015.

The performance package is interesting, but it seems to be Honda's answer to many of the upgrades a lot of forum members have done in order to give the car a better ride performance. Perhaps Honda realizes that it has left money on the table? I know that my sales guy was disappointed that I bought no accessories or upgrades through the dealership. Shucky darn.

It should not have been expected that there would have changes to the engine, tranny, brakes, or suspension (aside from the new package).

Whether one regards the MMC as substantial or simple window dressing, I am sure this will stoke the curiosity and discussion about what the next generation of the Fit will offer.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
this guy is a great presenter making something out of nothing (chrome knob? red floor mats? red e-tape looking accents on the wheels) very exciting. great job on the vid.
Wait a minute. It's a scientifically proven FACT that the red floor mats add aerodynamic improvements resulting in increased hp, torque, and 0-60 mph.

Snarkasm aside, those are nice details, but they aren't the substantial improvements that most of us desire.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Farrago
Wait a minute. It's a scientifically proven FACT that the red floor mats add aerodynamic improvements resulting in increased hp, torque, and 0-60 mph.

Snarkasm aside, those are nice details, but they aren't the substantial improvements that most of us desire.
dogdamn.. i need to go back to school

yah, im like he'd be a great kindergarten teacher.

uncle gary-LOL'ed at salmon pink

Old 08-13-2017, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, it's always kind of funny when they market something as being a "Performance" package, and then the majority of the changes stop at being purely cosmetic.
But I think for most people REALLY into performance, no factory offered performance package is going to be really satisfying. I'm convinced in most cases those packages are aimed at people more concerned with "flash" than actual tangible performance.

I think the step forward in offering the radar cruise control and the safety features is pretty big.
And I would say, I wish I could program my Fit to unlock all the doors.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
^ +1

huh, adaptive cruise on the 18' Fit? now that is kinda cool. ever since getting use to adaptive cruise, regular cruise is so cumbersome! that is one thing i really hate when i get into a rental car. im like wat? i need to adjust my speed?

Old 08-13-2017, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
This is just a mid term upgrade and as such yes, much of what they're doing is cosmetic rather than substantial. They won't have a major kick at the can for another 2 or 3+ years when they can do a complete re-design.

On the plus side they are fixing a few areas of customer complaints. The improvement in sound proofing is the most appreciated with the thicker front glass and some improvements/additions to sound absorption padding in body panels.

Let's not forget the addition of Honda Sensing technology. Yes it's expensive but it keeps the Fit competitive and makes it interesting to many buyers. If you are truly interested in a performance car then you shouldn't be buying a Fit in the first place. No shortage of more expensive throbbing gas guzzlers to meet that need.

Sales of the Fit have tapped out, unlike the HR-V which is showing increasing sales. Of course the Fit's existence is based on high gasoline prices so all Honda can do is wait out this cycle for the inevitable return of high oil prices.

Old 08-13-2017, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Love the customizable door locks.

CD player is noticeably absent. Feel free to come over and upload/download my 200 CDs.

I want the HFP suspension upgrade for my 2015, but none of the other stuff.

Would like the extra quiet, but so far I can't get past how ugly the facelift is compared to the original.

Old 08-14-2017, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
I hear you knocking but you can't come in.....

Originally Posted by exl500
Love the customizable door locks.

CD player is noticeably absent. Feel free to come over and upload/download my 200 CDs.

I want the HFP suspension upgrade for my 2015, but none of the other stuff.

Would like the extra quiet, but so far I can't get past how ugly the facelift is compared to the original.
My previous vehicle had programmable locks, that I could set to unlock all 4 doors when I got in.
The Fits inability to do so, has been an adjustment and frustrating. When traveling with a group?
I hit unlock or unlock the door, get in, front passenger get's in...then I look out to see a disgruntled crowd waiting for me to unlock the back doors.

I've gotten better and quicker at just unlocking and reaching down on the door and quickly unlocking everyones doors...but...I do wish Honda would of made it programmable on my Fit.

Too little to late, I guess for me.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
All this sports/performance stuff is just Honda's way of putting lipstick on a pig to persuade you to take her out and pay for a more expensive date. Without a better engine with more power it's pretty hard to justify this "sport" nonsense although Honda marketing is doing a pretty good job of it.

Old 08-14-2017, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
All this sports/performance stuff is just Honda's way of putting lipstick on a pig to persuade you to take her out and pay for a more expensive date. Without a better engine with more power it's pretty hard to justify this "sport" nonsense although Honda marketing is doing a pretty good job of it.
can't agree more!

the "lipstick on a pig" part was kinda harsh! haha i think the GK looks pretty good even in stock form.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
What this house wants and would pay for is a Fit Si.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
the "lipstick on a pig" part was kinda harsh! haha i think the GK looks pretty good even in stock form.
You're absolutely right. The Fit is a pretty darn good car as is and didn't deserve that comparison.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM
sjd
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
What this house wants and would pay for is a Fit Si.
Except it would be as expensive as a Civic Si with a worse suspension design. I also doubt it would be faster. No way would a Fit Si sell enough to make it worth the cost. Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta ST and that is a car that was universally loved and praised by pretty much everyone who drove it but sadly, there isn't a market for it here in North America where the F-150 rules.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sjd
Except it would be as expensive as a Civic Si with a worse suspension design. I also doubt it would be faster. No way would a Fit Si sell enough to make it worth the cost. Ford is discontinuing the Fiesta ST and that is a car that was universally loved and praised by pretty much everyone who drove it but sadly, there isn't a market for it here in North America where the F-150 rules.
It's not about performance numbers. It's about having a hot hatch you can live with daily for a decent price.

We would also settle for a Civic Hatch Si. I don't understand why Honda chose to not make an Si out of it's most usable body style. I suspect they don't want people opting for the Si over the Type R.

My wife is a Hatch buyer period. She almost sprang for the Type R, but it just doesn't make sense as a highway commuter car.

The Civic Sport Hatch lacks amenities.

We were too late to find a Fiesta ST local that didn't have Recaro's and those seats are BRUTAL! Like the car otherwise.

The new Si seats are excellent! Just couldn't talk her into the Sedan and I don't blamer her. It's just not that attractive or functional.

Last edited by GAFIT; 08-14-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
You're absolutely right. The Fit is a pretty darn good car as is and didn't deserve that comparison.
we cool.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
...We were too late to find a Fiesta ST local that didn't have Recaro's and those seats are BRUTAL! Like the car otherwise.
I love my ST's recaros because they hold me in nicely.

Originally Posted by fitchet
...I hit unlock or unlock the door, get in, front passenger get's in...then I look out to see a disgruntled crowd waiting for me to unlock the back doors.

I've gotten better and quicker at just unlocking and reaching down on the door and quickly unlocking everyones doors...but...I do wish Honda would of made it programmable on my Fit.

Too little to late, I guess for me.
Do you have the keyless? Just double tap unlock and all the doors unlock as you walk up.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
I won't trade my 2015 PBP EX for the 2018. ...But what's coming in 2019 or 2020 is what I'm looking for. I'll keep mine till something a new really great Fit comes along. I'm real happy with what I have. Why Honda does not have a LED bulb and bigger battery upgrade this year is a big mystery to me. ..

Quick Reply: 2018 HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Package Quick Look from Honda Pro Jason