3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

REVIEW: Acuity Instruments Accelerator Pedal Relocation Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator
REVIEW: Acuity Instruments Accelerator Pedal Relocation Bracket

Acuity Instruments released their accelerator pedal relocation bracket on 10/3/17. I went ahead and ordered the relocation bracket and received it today, 10/5/17!

Fast shipping is ALWAYS appreciated!

Here's the link to the PDF file containing the installation instructions which I followed:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B45...JSWjhnWHc/view

You can purchase the relocation bracket from Axion Industries or directly through Acuity Instruments:

Acuity Throttle Pedal Spacer - Axion Industries

https://acuityinstruments.com/produc...or-the-gk5-fit

The extra goodies are a nice touch!

Preparing to install the relocation bracket. The accelerator pedal bracket needs to be removed in order to install the relocation bracket.

Relocation bracket installed!

Here's how the finished product looks:

NOTE: This picture depicts position B, but I ended up switching to position C.

From start to finish, the installation took me ~20 minutes. I spent another ~20 minutes driving around and testing positions B and C. I didn't try out position A because position B was already too close to the driver for my liking. Position C is my preference and makes for MUCH easier heel-and-toe shifting due to the accelerator pedal sitting 11mm lower, 11mm closer to the brake pedal, and 25mm closer to the driver.

Position A brings the pedal up 15.5mm, left 0mm, down 0mm, and at least 25mm towards the driver.

Position B brings the pedal up 11mm, left 11mm, down 11mm, and at least 25mm towards the driver.

Position C brings the pedal up 0mm, left 11mm, down 11mm, and 25mm towards the driver.

I'd highly recommend the Acuity Instruments Accelerator Pedal Relocation Bracket for anyone who is looking to do any form of spirited driving and/or road racing.

Thank you, Acuity Instruments, for making quality parts for the GK5 chassis!

Old 10-06-2017, 01:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
very cool!

Old 10-06-2017, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
This is terrible. I'm trying to save money, and parts like this come along and ruin everything. Seriously, though, looks good and I need it.

Old 10-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kenchan
very cool!

Originally Posted by hasdrubal
This is terrible. I'm trying to save money, and parts like this come along and ruin everything. Seriously, though, looks good and I need it.
Christmas is around the corner!

Old 10-06-2017, 11:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
yes, u need it go buy one. lol that is such a cool mod.

Old 10-10-2017, 11:22 PM
This is really awesome, many thanks for sharing photos / writeup / review.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by [LegenD]
This is really awesome, many thanks for sharing photos / writeup / review.
You are very welcome.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:56 PM
Have any pics of of how the pedal sits next to the brake now?

Old 03-11-2018, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by roksta
Have any pics of of how the pedal sits next to the brake now?
I apologize for the late reply, roksta. Keep in mind, I'm running the bracket in position C.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:16 PM
I got this too and I totally agree with your thoughts. I stuck with C also, but I really wish it wasn’t so close to the driver. I wish it could stay same distance from me and move left only.

It’s 100% improved over stock, but IMO it’s nearly level with the brake which is less than ideal. Can definitely get used to it, but makes heel-toe doable during regularly/medium braking but nearly impossible during hard braking.

I bought stainless pedals and mah look into ways of moving brake and clutch closer and accelerator further during that mounting.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by ltjpunk7
I got this too and I totally agree with your thoughts. I stuck with C also, but I really wish it wasn’t so close to the driver. I wish it could stay same distance from me and move left only.

It’s 100% improved over stock, but IMO it’s nearly level with the brake which is less than ideal. Can definitely get used to it, but makes heel-toe doable during regularly/medium braking but nearly impossible during hard braking.

I bought stainless pedals and mah look into ways of moving brake and clutch closer and accelerator further during that mounting.
You might want to consider a larger accelerator pedal if that's the case.

Honda Fit Racing Pedals

I don't have any woes with my distance to the accelerator pedal, but I am finding that I would prefer the accelerator and brake pedals to be even closer together.

I can't fully achieve my desired result(s) through the relocation bracket because positions B and A place the accelerator pedal in an undesirable position for me.

That being said, my next step will be to purchase the SRP Racing pedals; these should do the trick for me when combined with the relocation bracket!

Old 04-25-2018, 07:25 AM
You're not racing anyone except vespas and Yarises in the Honda Fit. Get a chassis made to race, not a pip squeak front-heavy small-wheel rear-drum budget commuter vehicle.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by psamtik
You're not racing anyone except vespas and Yarises in the Honda Fit. Get a chassis made to race, not a pip squeak front-heavy small-wheel rear-drum budget commuter vehicle.

Old 04-25-2018, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
Pfft, kick rocks!

You obviously haven't heard of SCCA B-spec racing or Global Time Attack's Spec Fit class. The Fit can be made into quite a good momentum car for road racing, rally, and of course autocross. Even in dead stock trim the Fit will give cars in a much higher performance category a run for their money. Heck, the first gen Fit Is known to outperform the Corvette C6 Z06 in the lane change test.

Honda even took a few engineering tricks from their F1 days and incorporated them in the chassis of the Fit since the start of the GD chassis. Do your research! Haha

Link supporting this: https://www.caranddriver.com/compari...t-sport-page-8

Last edited by Hootie; 04-25-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Added link.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
this is a honda fit forum, so basically all of the discussions here are about a honda fit mods/parts/setups etc .. if thats what you feel about fits then why are you still here then?

Plus we like to save gas. LOL

Old 04-26-2018, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Exgk5

this is a honda fit forum, so basically all of the discussions here are about a honda fit mods/parts/setups etc .. if thats what you feel about fits then why are you still here then?

better recognize =)

Old 04-26-2018, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Exgk5

JMAB with shots fired