3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Wipers suddenly dragging and chattering.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
when you guys say "blade" are you referring to the refills or the actual blade that hooks up to the arm?

i only use factory refills and never encountered this chattering problem.. car uses the stock 2016 arms and blades (early 2016 model).

Old 03-02-2018, 10:23 AM
I use the rain x latitude complete replacements, rain x treatment on my windshield, and rain x bugwash in my washer reservoir. No chattering with this setup and i rarely even need to use the wipers. but holy crap it chattered bad with the worn stock blades, so i know your pain lol.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
when you guys say "blade" are you referring to the refills or the actual blade that hooks up to the arm?

i only use factory refills and never encountered this chattering problem.. car uses the stock 2016 arms and blades (early 2016 model).
"Some guys" are calling the rubber strips "blades." Standard terminology is the thing that holds the rubber strip with some kind of claw or claws is a "blade" and the thing made out of rubber that may or may not have a grooves on each side with a metal strip in them, to reduce its flexibility, is alternately called a rubber strip or a refill or a refill strip or a wiper refill. I prefer "rubber wiping strip" as it describes it in terms of its material, its function, and its shape. "Refill" describes only how it gets there, and does not describe the original one. The the same term is used for lots of unrelated things. "Wiper refill" is better, but it is ambiguous enough to possibly be considered to refer to the blade. So as the world's foremost nomenclator I tentatively assert that it should be called a rubber wiping strip. The thing that is attached to the wiper motor is the "wiper arm." So: wiper arm, wiper blade, rubber wiping strip. Of course the wiping strip could be silicone in which case it should be called... I don't care anymore.