3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Quick intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 10:52 PM
Quick intro

Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself here. Just got my fit a few days ago. I didn't want to re register my other car so I thought, why not save gas and just get a new car.
After having looked around in a day, I got it at Hamer Honda. Will only be doing a few mods, or so I tell myself, to make it a little bit more appealing. Went with the sport since it already has a kit, wheels, orange stitching, and an exposed exhaust tip.

2018 Honda Fit Sport
Modern Steel Metallic
6 speed juan manual

Already changed out the shift knob and did interior lighting to white LED. Licences plate lights have also been replaced.

Old 06-28-2018, 09:16 AM
Sport trim level always looks great.

I am a firm believer in 25mm spacers in the rear if you plan to keep the OEM wheels. It makes the car look sooo much better moving the rear wheels out an inch. Check my build thread or the appearance sub form where i posted before and after pics. Best mod for the fit @ $125.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Helios
Sport trim level always looks great.

I am a firm believer in 25mm spacers in the rear if you plan to keep the OEM wheels. It makes the car look sooo much better moving the rear wheels out an inch. Check my build thread or the appearance sub form where i posted before and after pics. Best mod for the fit @ $125.
I think I got a set lying around, but might end up getting a set of wheels. I haven't decided yet lol.

In case anyone has questions regarding trim levels hmu, i used to work for Honda as a salesman .

Here's the car that will be sitting as I part out

Old 06-28-2018, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
welcome. i'm jelly of the skirts, and how much better that paint looks compared to my silver

didnt wanna pay registration, so you bought a whole new car eh? that'll show em!!! lol.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
welcome. i'm jelly of the skirts, and how much better that paint looks compared to my silver

didnt wanna pay registration, so you bought a whole new car eh? that'll show em!!! lol.
😂😂😂 yeah, illegal smog+reg+fixing worn parts= a few payments. Plus i got tired of knowing i will get pulled over the moment i see chp. If i could, I would have gone with lunar silver. I like lunar silver way more than this lol. I just went with this color since the dealership was willing to do my deal.

Old 06-29-2018, 07:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hairymonkey019
2018 Honda Fit Sport
Modern Steel Metallic
6 speed juan manual
watz a "juan" manual...?

Old 06-30-2018, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
watz a "juan" manual...?
you mean who?

Here are a few current mods done. Thinking of getting the RS style spoiler.

Old 06-30-2018, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
clean LED's!

da hellz mang, cant believe honda cheaped out on the push button start on the sports.. its okay, karma has hit dem hard.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
clean LED's!

da hellz mang, cant believe honda cheaped out on the push button start on the sports.. its okay, karma has hit dem hard.
After working for Honda I understand why it doesn't have push to start. It already comes kitted, w black wheels, exposed tail pipe. One trim level above it doesn't come kitted, have special wheels, or have an exposed tail pipe. The ex interior also doesn't have the orange stitching. Not everyone wants push to start, honda sensing, or a sun roof.

It's that bang for buck trim. Aesthetically cooler, but missing some luxury features. Just like the Accord sport being a bang for buck trim. The accord sport has push to start, but no remote start or sun roof. The sport also has 19" alloy wheels where the accord ex wheels are boring and smaller.

I've been wanting the sport ever since it came out. When the 18's came with the volume knob, I knew I had to eventually make a move. Here I am now, doing little things here and there 😂

Old 07-10-2018, 02:39 AM
My friend was bothered by the gap in the shift boot, so I fixed it w 2 zipties
got some really bright reverse LEDs pure white
also trying to find an exhaust to add some sound.

I should've taken a picture, but I also cut the whole bottom portion of the air intake box and took out the resonator under the battery. Makes a nice sound. I figured, if the AEM intake is just a pipe with a cone filter in the same area then cutting the air box shouldn't be bad. Now, it has a nice rumbling at 3k rpm and up

Old 07-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Got a cheap oil catch can. Too tall to put up right, so I ziptied it sideways. No metal on metal touching.

Diy cheap af air duct that works

Hood closed.
Modified the bulbs so they only blink.
I hate amber colored lights moxing in with the lows and fogs.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
nice job with the air duct. its like the sumole air ram scoop.. . cept cheaper.

is the catch can baffled?

Old 07-12-2018, 12:37 AM
nice job with the air duct. its like the sumole air ram scoop.. . cept cheaper.

is the catch can baffled?
lol, hella cheaper. I'm sure the sumole performs "better", but how much cold air can you force into the intake 🙃

oil catch can isn't baffled. After seeing reviews on youtube it seems to perform just fine. If I see that oil is still seeping thru, I'll baffle it myself.

Old 07-12-2018, 12:43 AM
5 Year Member
shove in a cheap ball of steel wool/ soap sponge scrubber thingee. ..... call it a day. as long as the oil has something to atomize onto

Old 07-12-2018, 01:06 AM
shove in a cheap ball of steel wool/ soap sponge scrubber thingee. ..... call it a day. as long as the oil has something to atomize onto
yeah, I'll figure something out.

before anyone says, I know it's very dumb to have it sideways especially when the inlet is now on the side vs the top

Old 07-12-2018, 01:22 AM
5 Year Member
to those people I say .... its still better than having nothing. but it does mean, you'll have to empty it out sooner than later. for my next oil catch can install, I'm thinkin about one of these:

for those who dont know what an oil catch can does .... in my other car, this is what happens when you dont run an oil catch can .... oil collects in the intake mani

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...l#post10172761

after just 500 ish miles of driving, this is what is caught inside the can, and most importantly NOT dumped inside the intake mani:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ct-...l#post10198097

Old 07-13-2018, 09:42 PM
Limo tint all around w medium on the windshield and did the 3rd brake light flasher .

Last edited by Hairymonkey019; 07-14-2018 at 03:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
the inside of catch can photo above.. dat was the inside of ur GK's catch can after only 500 street driven miles?

if so, dafaq..

Old 07-14-2018, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ naw that was from my lexus ct200h. 3rd gen prius engines, come in those cars. and those of you who know prius's know .... that 3rd gen motor is a pos .... and consumes oil AND dumps an insane amt of oil into the intake mani. i predict, toyota is gonna get a lawsuit or recall in the near future.

Old 07-14-2018, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
oh ok.. wheew! waz like doood..

Quick Reply: Quick intro