3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Headlight Indicator

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
Headlight Indicator

After four years, I just realized that there is no dashboard indicator that the headlights are turned on. There are two little light bulb icons that appear when I turn on the parking lights, but nothing to indicate that the headlights are on. I've never had a car like this before. Yes, I can look at the switch, but I'm lazy. : )

Old 08-14-2018, 09:50 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah i keep looking for it too while in da GK. should be standard.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
I keep mine always on, problem fixed.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Old 08-14-2018, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
After four years, I just realized that there is no dashboard indicator that the headlights are turned on. There are two little light bulb icons that appear when I turn on the parking lights, but nothing to indicate that the headlights are on. I've never had a car like this before. Yes, I can look at the switch, but I'm lazy. : )
You are kidding......right ???!!!??? Must be tough to take a split second to take a peek at the switch if you have no idea if they're on or not (which is hard to comprehend how you wouldn't know), or, even easier, just grab the switch and twist it fwd....if it moves fwd, then they weren't on (or were in auto mode), if it twists no further, lights are already on. First world problem, for sure. I see an autonomous car in your future, everything automated, you won't even have to drive. Enjoy

Old 08-14-2018, 04:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
You are kidding......right ???!!!???
Yes, I am .

Old 08-14-2018, 04:36 PM
My GK shows a green icon when my headlights are on. Should be in the same place where the parking light indicators are.

Old 08-14-2018, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, I am .
One can only hope, these days

Old 08-15-2018, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Are you sure your steering wheel is not hiding it? Are we talking about the same headlight icon?

Old 08-15-2018, 07:07 AM
5 Year Member
He's complaining that comes on if the parking lights are on, does not necessarily mean the headlights are on as well.

Old 08-15-2018, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
He's complaining that comes on if the parking lights are on, does not necessarily mean the headlights are on as well.
Right. Every other car I have driven indicates whether the parking lights or the headlights are turned on. It's not a big deal, but it is surprising. Just like the intermittent wipers that don't have control over the timing. I've never had a car with intermittent wipers that didn't let me adjust the timing - aside from Hondas.

Here's another odd one. I had a 1980 Civic, and every control on the dash was lit up at night - with one exception. The little knob that controlled the brightness of all those dash lights was not illuminated. So, if the lights were off or dim, it was not easy finding the knob to make them brighter. I thought that was funny.

Old 08-15-2018, 11:06 AM
I just keep mine on "Auto"...
Also, KIA, Hyundai, Toyota, Mazda, Acura, BMW and just about every other car I have driven has the same "lights on" dashboard indicator.
Interestingly, some manufacturers call it "tail lights on" indicator.- which makes sense.
BMW calls it "parking lamps, headlamps control"
The only other standard light indicators commonly seen on any dashboard are for high-beams and fog lights and if so equipped for auto-high beams (aka high beam-assistant)
I don't really understand the issue OP is describing here....
I would love to see a picture of the specific dash indicator light that is supposedly missing from our car...

Last edited by vinylengraver; 08-15-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
I would love to see a picture of the specific dash indicator light that is supposedly missing from our car...
Here you go. The Fit has the symbols for "Taillights."
Picture Symbols | DashboardSymbols.com

It seems that the "dipped beam telltale" is now uncommon.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/adv...hts-turned-on/

Last edited by SilverEX15; 08-15-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
OK, I went and checked that with just the parking lights on the "headlight" icon shows up. Since there is no just the parking light icon,l I don't have an issue with the icon representing parking and or headlights on.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Another "auto" person here. Man I can't wait for self-driving cars.... the ultimate "auto" mode.

Steve

Old 08-15-2018, 06:28 PM
5 Year Member
friendly reminder , its possible to "rate" a thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 PM
One note- if you leave it on Auto, check it when driving out of a parking garage. Attendants often turn them off because they're afraid of leaving the lights on and apparently can't figure out what 'auto' means on a headlight stalk.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shadow Smith
Another "auto" person here. Man I can't wait for self-driving cars.... the ultimate "auto" mode.

Steve
I can wait. At my age, nobody wants to have sex with me, and driving is one of the few pleasures I have left. You want to take that away from me as well? What did I ever do to you?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

I can wait. At my age, nobody wants to have sex with me, and driving is one of the few pleasures I have left. You want to take that away from me as well? What did I ever do to you?
haha! dont worry, ull be long gone before autonomous is available at GK's price range.

..maybe u can be her driver?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
haha! dont worry, ull be long gone before autonomous is available at GK's price range.

..maybe u can be her driver?
With the rate that technology is advancing, I’m not sure I’m reassured by that.

Quick Reply: Headlight Indicator