3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Cranked fog light

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Cranked fog light

What are you solutions for fog light lense crack? Get a new fog light? Replace the lens with polycarbonate? Get a film to protect the uncracked one? Do those film work?

Not sure why honda continues to use glass on their fog light. Had a 07 si and had the same issue.

Thx

Old 08-19-2018, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
If and when my foglight lens cracks I would head to the RetrofitSource.com for a replacement that I would bet would outlast the remaining life of your vehicle.

Old 08-19-2018, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
Once you replace it do add a film over it. The film rally does a good job of protecting the lens.

Old 08-19-2018, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
As an alternative to TRS lamps, I'm preparing to install Baja Designs Squadrons (with wide cornering lens) in place of the stock fogs. They are extremely high quality lights (subjectively well above Morimoto) and throw a lot of light. Once my abdomen heals from urgent appendix surgery, I'll tackle it. I don't want to rip any internal sutures.

Fog pocket brackets, pigtail adapters, and lights can be had from https://www.paranoidfabrications.com/ It's the brackets that are key. This guy makes them for Subarus, but the spacing appears identical. You could get the lamps from wherever.

So far, I've removed one of the fog shrouds and it appears that mount spacing should work perfectly. I just can't confirm yet until I complete installation. I have all the necessary parts. Yes, I'll take pics.

To actually answer your question, the lens is typically an integrated assembly with the housing. You'll need to replace the lamp. Film does help, yes. Glass lenses on fogs are common and commonly crack, but if I had to make a wild guess, I'd assume glass maintains optical clarity better in the smaller and hotter assemblies of a fog lamp. Or maybe it's just cheaper.

Last edited by sneefy; 08-19-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ashchuckton
Once you replace it do add a film over it. The film really does a good job of protecting the lens.
agreed. i used laminx with success. ive seen some with burn marks though so do ur research before purchase.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Thx all, I will look into all the suggestions

Old 09-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Hi all, new to the forums.

I was changing my oil today and noticed that both of my fog light lenses are smashed out (bulbs too). I pulled the black panel back and saw how to change the bulb but it's not immediately apparent to me how the housing comes out. I also can't get a very good view with the access that panel is giving me with just the one screw out.

All the videos I can find online are just about changing the bulbs.

Can anyone point me to a pic/video guide on how to change this out? Or, maybe just some tips on getting better access so I can see better?

I would just buy some covers and call it a day, as I literally have never once turned on my fog lights intentionally, but I'm worried the car won't pass inspection here in Texas with broken fog light lenses.

Thanks.