3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Corey's build thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Corey's build thread?

Pic from Craigslist ad

Hi. I'm Corey. New here, been reading up for a few weeks.

Just got my 2015 ex CVT, a rare passionberry, last Wednesday.

Enjoying it so far, great milage, decent pep.
Brakes suck and body roll is obnoxious. Way more fun w eco mode off!
Looking at some minor mods and upgrades already though.
Progress RSB seems like it will be huge in helping w body roll. Can't believe how much it sways even at city speeds.
Thinking of trying Koni's w stock springs after. I'm sure someone has tried it 🔍. Need some decent brake pads ASAP.

Getting startup rattle that sounds obnoxious or expensive to fix, but not actually a big deal? VTC rattle im guessing. Only heard it twice, maybe 3 times, but it's not even been a week.

First mod was the addition of a car seat and a fresh air filter.
That thing was nasty.

Hopefully order the RSB soon, install looks breezy.

Will keep posting as I get pics and make changes. Thanks for all the good info I've soaked up already!

Car only had about 38k on it when I picked it up. Had this filter ever been changed?!?! Nasty.

Last edited by EGtoFitTransient; 09-25-2018 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EGtoFitTransient
Brakes suck and body roll is obnoxious. Way more fun w eco mode off!
Looking at some minor mods and upgrades already though.

Progress RSB seems like it will be huge in helping w body roll. Can't believe how much it sways even at city speeds.
Thinking of trying Koni's w stock springs after. I'm sure someone has tried it ��. Need some decent brake pads ASAP.

Hopefully order the RSB soon, install looks breezy.

Will keep posting as I get pics and make changes. Thanks for all the good info I've soaked up already!
Personally, I'd go with stiffer springs and not add the rear sway bar especially since you eventually want Koni struts/shocks. I have a WRX that I autocross. In order to attempt to make the car rotate and stay in the stock class I added a huge rear sway bar. Yes it stiffens it up because the rear is tied together, but at the expense of lifting the rear wheel during hard cornering. I've raced my Fit a couple times and experience the same wheel lift. If you're not going to race the car and try to stay in some stock class, I'm not sure why you would want to add a rear sway bar? There are better ways of stiffening up the car to reduce the body roll.

Not sure why you think you need better brake pads? The stock pads seem adequate, even for autocross? On the WRX I've used Hawk HPS, Hawk HP+, Project Mu and Carbotech AX6. My experience is the HPS were a lot dustier, and didn't really stop the car that much better than the OEM Subaru. Maybe since it was a performance car it already had upgraded pads? HP+ stopped a lot better but were incredibly dusty and squealed like crazy. Project Mu were OK but were expensive compared to others. Carbotech were the dustiest, but had incredible initial bite and really didn't squeal like the HP+. I wouldn't recommend the AX6 for anything other than autocross.

Last edited by Rob H; 09-24-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Rob H
Personally, I'd go with stiffer springs and not add the rear sway bar especially since you eventually want Koni struts/shocks...

... I've raced my Fit a couple times and experience the same wheel lift. If you're not going to race the car and try to stay in some stock class, I'm not sure why you would want to add a rear sway bar? There are better ways of stiffening up the car to reduce the body roll.
For now I don't plan on racing it, just DD. Swaybar seemed the cheapest option to reduce roll. Half the price of swift springs. Definitely would remove it for racing as the fit doesn't seem capable of being competitive outside stock class. Stiffer springs will likely come, but for $150 the bar seemed well liked and easy to install while the baby is napping...

Old 09-25-2018, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EGtoFitTransient
For now I don't plan on racing it, just DD. Swaybar seemed the cheapest option to reduce roll. Half the price of swift springs. Definitely would remove it for racing as the fit doesn't seem capable of being competitive outside stock class. Stiffer springs will likely come, but for $150 the bar seemed well liked and easy to install while the baby is napping...
I hear you brother. I have a 6 day old at home that put a stop to installing a self powered sub lol.

The RSB can be installed in less than 30m. If you have ramps you can just drive up the rear to get enough clearance without needing to jack it up too.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
2 words for ya:

RIGID COLLARS

Old 09-25-2018, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
2 words for ya:

RIGID COLLARS
Thanks for the tip, just read your thread on the topic. Seems easy enough to install. Where did you get yours? Assume the extra money for the Spoon parts is all for the name?

Also I see spoon sells the front and back separate. Back is where the problem w sway seems to be and super easy install. Are the fronts worth the trouble? w/o lift and air tools I'm inclined to have my shop do them.

Last edited by EGtoFitTransient; 09-25-2018 at 07:49 PM.