General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Next gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Think of this...

Due to the flood they likely will be opening with mostly new personnel. They will then get going smoothly again just in time for a model change over.

I'm not sure I'd buy a Mexican made Fit till at least 2021 model year. Bet we are going to see a whole lot of crud on this board.

Hard for people that started their journey on FF with a GK to know, but the first 7 years of this board were all about JDM goodies, track events, and modification suggestions. Car problem posts were extremely rare and usually boiled down to user error. I bet 2019/2020 will be lively...in the wrong sort of way.
And I am waiting to place an order for a 2019 when production starts back up. I’d like to think Honda will make sure the cars rolling out are double checked seeing how it is almost like opening a new factory after the flood. I want a new Fit, but don’t want a bad car!
I usually buy cars near the end of production life to reduce bugs, so figured 2019 would have their stuff together, but yeah, not sure of the aftermath of the flood issue.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:48 AM
lol i still don't believe that's a 2020 fit.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:05 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2015honda

And I am waiting to place an order for a 2019 when production starts back up. I’d like to think Honda will make sure the cars rolling out are double checked seeing how it is almost like opening a new factory after the flood. I want a new Fit, but don’t want a bad car!
I usually buy cars near the end of production life to reduce bugs, so figured 2019 would have their stuff together, but yeah, not sure of the aftermath of the flood issue.
yah, we all want to think that.. but so far i have zero confidence in this factory. you might find free fish under the trunk liner.

anyway, good luck with ur purchase.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:18 PM
I must be the luckiest man in these forums, my early (01/15) lx 6 speed hasn't had a single issue in almost 50k miles. Must have been free modelo day at the factory that day 😂

Old 09-30-2018, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cichlid_visuals
I must be the luckiest man in these forums, my early (01/15) lx 6 speed hasn't had a single issue in almost 50k miles. Must have been free modelo day at the factory that day 😂
So, you didn't have a sagging bumper, vtc noise, bad injectors, chipping paint, water intrusion, etc? You must be one lucky dude!

Old 09-30-2018, 06:43 PM
So, you didn't have a sagging bumper, vtc noise, bad injectors, chipping paint, water intrusion, etc? You must be one lucky dude!

Absolutely nothing. Car is mint. I dont baby it whatsoever, but i do maintain it religiously with high end fluids/filters/parts. Also worth noting, the car has never seen anything but chevron premium.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Absolutely nothing. Car is mint. I dont baby it whatsoever, but i do maintain it religiously with high end fluids/filters/parts.
Fingers crossed, but 35k miles on an April 2014 build EX, and it has also been perfect. Well maintained, always Top Tier. It did have two recalls, but the car was no different after either. We're extremely happy.

Last edited by exl500; 09-30-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
time to play the lotto!

Old 09-30-2018, 07:53 PM
I dont think its luck really, ive never had a lemon. Ever, ive owned over 25 cars. I have always loved them as if they were a living being and treated them as such. In return, i believe they have repaid the favor. In fact, ive purchased cars the previous owners claimed were problematic, and after they've been through my care for a short while, short of preexisting mechanical catastrophe, they were all reliable and wound up being sold to other enthusiasts and continued service for plenty of time after.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
I dont think its luck really, ive never had a lemon. Ever, ive owned over 25 cars. I have always loved them as if they were a living being and treated them as such. In return, i believe they have repaid the favor. In fact, ive purchased cars the previous owners claimed were problematic, and after they've been through my care for a short while, short of preexisting mechanical catastrophe, they were all reliable and wound up being sold to other enthusiasts and continued service for plenty of time after.
I completely agree to a degree. I think your care has kept you from having many problems that others face, but...

Peeling paint, water intrusion, and sagging bumpers would be hard to avoid with any amount of vehicle maintenance. I'd say you got a good one and treated it well.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
yep, as gafit said, its absolute luck. factories that make cars with this many complaints is just a hit or miss.

if u want to talk number of cars, ive bought and owned over 30 new cars and the mexican GK is one of the worst quality cars next to a subaru legacy them indianasians made.

u were just lucky. mine was bad lucky.

its funny cause after that pos subaru (assembled at the indiana plant), i bought a GE (made in japan). now i bought a GK (made in mexico) im going to replace with a subaru next (made in japan). kind of a full circle. lol

Old 09-30-2018, 08:04 PM
No definitely, i scored as far as quality control on the bodywork. Ive seen them sag and chip right off the showroom floor. The mechanical issues people are dealing with though, i believe is a combination of user error, and honda being WAY too relaxed with the maintenance, and grade of gas they lead people to believe is 100% fine. I happen to know these little high compression, direct injected motors are, while quite robust, are very sensitive to the fluids used in them. They also dont like long oil change intervals, the factory suggested interval through the maintenance minder is FAR too long.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
I happen to know these little high compression, direct injected motors are, while quite robust, are very sensitive to the fluids used in them. They also dont like long oil change intervals, the factory suggested interval through the maintenance minder is FAR too long.
The suggestions work to get the vehicle through the warranty period. That's it! The people with problems have exceeded the warranty period and are paying the price for the cheap maintenance schedule. That's at least my opinion.

Old 09-30-2018, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
No definitely, i scored as far as quality control on the bodywork. Ive seen them sag and chip right off the showroom floor. The mechanical issues people are dealing with though, i believe is a combination of user error, and honda being WAY too relaxed with the maintenance, and grade of gas they lead people to believe is 100% fine. I happen to know these little high compression, direct injected motors are, while quite robust, are very sensitive to the fluids used in them. They also dont like long oil change intervals, the factory suggested interval through the maintenance minder is FAR too long.
that's complete bullshit. ure telling me i dont know how to treat cars? lol the shit ive dealt with on the GK is not normal. it was broken from day one. its somewhere on my blog. i trusted honda too much.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
that's complete bullshit. ure telling me i dont know how to treat cars? lol the shit ive dealt with on the GK is not normal. it was broken from day one. its somewhere on my blog. i trusted honda too much.

Maybe not in your case, but i know for a fact the majority of people having mechanical issues put shit gas and wait til the last possible percentage of the maintenance minder to change their oil. Like i said, Honda purposely misled people to the quality of gas acceptable in these motors, so they wouldn't scare off The Frugal demographic that would be going for these cars in the first place. Oil that has gone for a long time without change has collected and suspended a shitload of carbon, when that oil vaporizes and puts deposits through the PCV system on the intake valves, that leaves behind more carbon than clean oil obviously, that combined with shit quality gasoline of low-octane will basically set the car up for clogged injectors and coked valves. These motors absolutely require premium gas and frequent (5k miles or less imo) oil changes to keep those issues at bay.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
I'll chime in here. My son's 2015 EX has been problem free so far. People who don't have problems rarely come on a forum & say so. I don't think problem free Fit's are rare at all.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:56 PM
The suggestions work to get the vehicle through the warranty period. That's it! The people with problems have exceeded the warranty period and are paying the price for the cheap maintenance schedule. That's at least my opinion.

I agree 100%

Old 10-01-2018, 10:32 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe not in your case, but i know for a fact the majority of people having mechanical issues put shit gas and wait til the last possible percentage of the maintenance minder to change their oil. Like i said, Honda purposely misled people to the quality of gas acceptable in these motors, so they wouldn't scare off The Frugal demographic that would be going for these cars in the first place. Oil that has gone for a long time without change has collected and suspended a shitload of carbon, when that oil vaporizes and puts deposits through the PCV system on the intake valves, that leaves behind more carbon than clean oil obviously, that combined with shit quality gasoline of low-octane will basically set the car up for clogged injectors and coked valves. These motors absolutely require premium gas and frequent (5k miles or less imo) oil changes to keep those issues at bay.
in my case i don’t have engine problems besides the rattling actuator.. my issues are with paint flaking off, window glass that nearly fell out of the door frame, fitment issues, etc that have nothing to do with my input. i treat the GK the same way i treated my GD and two GE’s which had no issue except for the 09 GE had a recall and TSB work done.

if my wife had to run premium gas in the GK, that would give me a good reason to sell the car indeed. why run premium gas for such a weak engine. completely meaningless!

Old 10-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by kenchan
why run premium gas for such a weak engine. completely meaningless!
because direct injection... cleaner burns... less gunk.. lol...

Old 10-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Im done trying to explain why higher octanes do better in these motors. Anybody who doesnt get it at this point simply does not want to.

Quick Reply: Next gen