Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Little things you wish Honda had done (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/99201-little-things-you-wish-honda-had-done.html)

2Rismo2 11-07-2018 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyGrz (Post 1416764)
I just found out my 15 has height adjustment also. Lol. Lots of people who live in urban areas don’t purchase these vehicles because they have good gas mileage, I could care less about it. I like it because of its size, I can park it anywhere. I’ve never seen a Fit get more than 35/36 So yours must be magical.

It is magical. I'll let you rub it for $5... Best full tank MPG has been 47 but that was before I changed to 205/50/16 tires. Great gas mileage was a priority for buying the Fit since I knew I would be moving and having to do a longer commute.

Link to last time I posted my magical gas numbers...

The phrase is, "I couldn't care less..." Cause the way you say it, you CAN actually care less.

evilchargerfan 11-07-2018 01:45 PM

trying to get on Rismo's level. for the time being, my not-as-magical car is averaging 37.6 mpg. that # should increase as I'm finally learning how to drive this thing
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...f3d501f0cd.png

another user on fuelly has 38.7 mpg averaged over 235 fuel-up's .... hes proof that magical cars do exist
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...b223b96306.png

to stay on topic, I wish honda added a passenger side vent cup holder. the one provided on drivers side, throws off symmetry

Uncle Gary 11-08-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by JerrySFL (Post 1416732)
Height adjustment for the drivers seat !!!

My ‘15 is height adjustable. Why isn’t yours?

2Rismo2 11-08-2018 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary (Post 1416865)

My ‘15 is height adjustable. Why isn’t yours?

Probably 'cause they don't have a 3rd gen ;)

wasserball 11-08-2018 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by fitchet (Post 1416747)
I believe my 2016 has it as well.
It's not extensive, closer to being a seat bottom angle adjustment. But you can adjust it. Just looked it up in the owners manual, and it is indeed called seat height adjustment. Again the range is pretty limited, but you can adjust it.

Remember, you are sitting on top of the gas tank already. :)

KentFinn 11-09-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1416782)
trying to get on Rismo's level. for the time being, my not-as-magical car is averaging 37.6 mpg. that # should increase as I'm finally learning how to drive this thing
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...f3d501f0cd.png

another user on fuelly has 38.7 mpg averaged over 235 fuel-up's .... hes proof that magical cars do exist
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...b223b96306.png
to stay on topic, I wish honda added a passenger side vent cup holder. the one provided on drivers side, throws off symmetry

Symmetry? Who really cares, beyond you? While I use the driver's side cupholder, it interferes with air flow.

KentFinn 11-09-2018 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1416866)
Probably 'cause they don't have a 3rd gen ;)

Being short … long torso, short legs, the height adjustment was the first thing I looked for. Opps, there it is.

evilchargerfan 11-09-2018 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by KentFinn (Post 1416898)
Symmetry? Who really cares, beyond you? While I use the driver's side cupholder, it interferes with air flow.

I could have sworn the thread was titled:

"Little things you wish Honda had done "

That said ..... I wish .... honda added 1 more cup holder .... because I care about symmetry.

(if I failed to participate in this thread in the correct manner, someone please show me the error of my ways)

KentFinn 11-09-2018 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1416914)
I could have sworn the thread was titled:

"Little things you wish Honda had done "

That said ..... I wish .... honda added 1 more cup holder .... because I care about symmetry.

(if I failed to participate in this thread in the correct manner, someone please show me the error of my ways)

No problem. I have long arms as opposed to short legs, so a right side dash cup holder would be useless to me. You would want a cup holder there. No problem. I'd like more ways to open the hatch, both from the interior and the exterior, little things that should be included on subsequent generations.

Ogrelode 11-15-2018 01:26 AM

I really really wish my 2015 Fit had the upper cupholders (the ones directly in front of the vents) on both the drivers and passenger's side. Not sure why Honda removed this, I get very jealous when I see this on 2nd gen Fits. I also wish the cupholders in the doors were a bit bigger, they do not fit the large 64 ounce drinks from gas stations.

nomenclator 11-15-2018 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ogrelode (Post 1417253)
I really really wish my 2015 Fit had the upper cupholders (the ones directly in front of the vents) on both the drivers and passenger's side. Not sure why Honda removed this, I get very jealous when I see this on 2nd gen Fits. I also wish the cupholders in the doors were a bit bigger, they do not fit the large 64 ounce drinks from gas stations.

The large 64 ounce drinks do not fit in my stomach. And they did, they would not fit in my bladder. I put 24 ounce soda bottles in my doors, but those are too big for my bladder too. What happened to 6 oz bottles of Coca Cola? Every gas station used to have a vending machine with those.

kanadary 11-24-2018 04:59 PM

Rear disc brakes

I wish the fit had 4 wheel disc. My 72 914 had this and used the disc as it’s parking brake so it’s doable for cheap

bill bosco 11-24-2018 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by kanadary (Post 1417903)
I wish the fit had 4 wheel disc. My 72 914 had this and used the disc as it’s parking brake so it’s doable for cheap

i'll probably always feel a little pang of regret everytime i see those tiny rear drums

KentFinn 11-25-2018 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by kanadary (Post 1417903)

And put the Fit in an entirely different price class, above the Civic, add weight , and reduce mileage. The 914 cost what in terms of 2015 dollars.

Opps, misread original post and I thought that 4WD was included. My bad, what I get for responding at 8AM Sunday morning. Yeah, the rear discs would add much if any weight. /but remember that the rear wheels do little on a front drive passenger car but keep the rear bumper from dragging. Sports cars being different.

kanadary 11-25-2018 11:59 AM

I haven’t weighed the difference but I doubt there would be much weight increase between discs to drums. As for added cost maybe some but I would pay what an extra three hundred for discs. The 914 comment was just to point out that for the vw cars (yes the 914 was basically a vw with a few Porsche components like the gear box) there was tech to include disc brakes in the 70s

kenchan 11-25-2018 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by kanadary (Post 1417948)
I haven’t weighed the difference but I doubt there would be much weight increase between discs to drums. As for added cost maybe some but I would pay what an extra three hundred for discs. The 914 comment was just to point out that for the vw cars (yes the 914 was basically a vw with a few Porsche components like the gear box) there was tech to include disc brakes in the 70s

i would too. the brakes are very weak on the GK and i frequently shift into S-mode to get additional braking from the engine especially while i have my family on board.. teens arent light. i kinda just learned to live with the flaws of the car and found new value within.

ROTTBOY 11-25-2018 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by kanadary (Post 1417948)
.........doubt there would be much weight increase between discs to drums. As for added cost maybe some but I would pay what an extra three hundred for discs.........

Cost, safety n performance!!! Rear discs would certainly be an improvement.

However, my approach in purchasing both of my Fits (previous '07 GD and current '15 GK), was knowing my intended use with a price point that made me happy. The Fit is marketed as an economy Sub-compact, therefore I drive it like one. No latebraking at corners nor tire burning starts. Shifting the 6MT and occasionally stretching out that VTEC, satisfies me enough.

Nevertheless, we all have our differing individual opinions. Because my GD was auto, the decision to get the manual on the GK, with the driving satisfaction it has continually provided, has made me "liking more it for what it is".

bill bosco 11-26-2018 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by fujisawa (Post 1415664)

nope, the front strut mounts are under the base of the windshield, transmitting road noise into the cabin instead of the engine bay.

it's much more structurally sound that way , one of the things that makes the chassis so solid for a 2500 lb car , it also ads to the steering responce and handling in a big way .i haven't noticed extra noise to the cabin , if there is i can live with it .switch to a wider tire , it'll quiet things down a bit

project.gk5 11-27-2018 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by woof (Post 1415298)
An oil dipstick where I can actually see what the oil level is.

Same here! I hate the dipstick on this car

knope 12-07-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by FrozoneTheFit (Post 1415458)
Another handle to close trunk for the back hatch!

It helps keep us from touching the outside of the hatch to close, which leaves fingerprints and is dirty.

Honestly idk why it is on the passenger side if we drive on the left (maybe its a jdm trade-off, but hey both sides could have a cut off for weight reduction lol)

right handed world.. :(