3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Little things you wish Honda had done

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
Little things you wish Honda had done

What little design features or little things do you wish Honda had incorporated into the design of your Fit. Not talking big changes like better A/C or more HP but just little amenities that wouldn't have cost a lot but you would really appreciate.

I'll start it off: I wish there was some illumination around the USB outlet. Its a PITA trying to plug in a phone or pad when it's dark.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 PM
5 Year Member
Variable intermittent wiper control. Amazing how such a minor thing can be such a major irritation when you're used to having it in other cars.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:41 PM
5 Year Member
The ability to customize the lock settings on the EX so all four doors open from the driver's door. I understand this was added in the 2018 facelift.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
An oil dipstick where I can actually see what the oil level is.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT-to-be-tied
What little design features or little things do you wish Honda had incorporated into the design of your Fit. Not talking big changes like better A/C or more HP but just little amenities that wouldn't have cost a lot but you would really appreciate.

I'll start it off: I wish there was some illumination around the USB outlet. Its a PITA trying to plug in a phone or pad when it's dark.
they could have put a little weight into the shift knob on the 6 speed , just recently i swapped it with my old 8 ball knob i saved from my SI , always liked it ,
had some nice heft to it , anyway it took out , or masks alot at least ,of the notchiness on 1st and 2nd . also they could have dialed in a little heft
into the power steering . it's a tad light isn't it ?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by woof
I like this one too.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
Variable intermittent wiper control. Amazing how such a minor thing can be such a major irritation when you're used to having it in other cars.
Agree.

Originally Posted by woof
Agree.

As Winter approaches, I wish The Fit had this. Even thought it wouldn't necessarily be cheap. But I think heated side mirrors would be nice. In my environment, the side mirrors become mist covered and foggy every morning, and if I forget to wipe them off it's a real pain. It's a bit of higher end luxury for a subcompact, but I'd like it.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:18 AM
In some cars if you put the key in the door and turn, or hold the unlock button on fob, the windows go down. This feature really helps on hot days.

Or a button to fold the mirrors when parked

Old 10-16-2018, 09:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
The ability to customize the lock settings on the EX so all four doors open from the driver's door. I understand this was added in the 2018 facelift.
Not sure what you mean by this. You can open all the locks with the fob & there is a button on the arm rest to unlock all as well.
???

Old 10-16-2018, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT-to-be-tied
Not sure what you mean by this. You can open all the locks with the fob & there is a button on the arm rest to unlock all as well.
???
Both of which require two steps. I'd like to put my hand in the door handle and all 4 doors open instead of just the driver's door. Invariably a passenger is pulling on a locked door until I get to the armrest button. And why have keyless entry if you need to use the fob? Minor annoyance, first world problem.

Last edited by exl500; 10-16-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-16-2018, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Of course, somewhere some Honda engineer is reading this column and saying to himself "Oh, they don't like our oil dipstick???? Well, I'll make a note and we'll just design it out in the next major redesign. There, problem solved!"

Old 10-16-2018, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member

Strut towers located outside the cabin like every other car

Old 10-16-2018, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by fujisawa

Strut towers located outside the cabin like every other car
Are you referring to the rear struts?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
A tie down hook or an eyelet so I can secure the tailgate when I transport objects that extend beyond the rear of the car.

Last edited by wasserball; 10-17-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:46 PM
5 Year Member
I wish Honda had either put proper lights in the stupid red plastic pieces up the sides of the hatch, or just used black plastic instead of the totally non-functional and, imho, ugly red pieces ….but, hey, nothing a rattle can of black plasti dip didn't fix What were they thinking, "let's make this kinda like the CRV rear end" ? Am sure black plastic pieces would've been cheaper for them than the shiny, yet non-reflective red crap. PlastiDip ftw

Old 10-17-2018, 05:46 PM
I wish the pilar reflectors weren't reflectors. I wish they were the same flat black plastic as the other
random black plastic trim pieces..

EDIT: yeah what Fuelish said.

I.e.:

..plastidip ftw

Last edited by knope; 10-17-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:39 PM
5 Year Member
A toe hatch release and/or a dash release similar to the fuel door.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:49 PM
Another handle to close trunk for the back hatch!

It helps keep us from touching the outside of the hatch to close, which leaves fingerprints and is dirty.

Honestly idk why it is on the passenger side if we drive on the left (maybe its a jdm trade-off, but hey both sides could have a cut off for weight reduction lol)

Last edited by FrozoneTheFit; 10-17-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FrozoneTheFit
Another handle to close trunk for the back hatch!

It helps keep us from touching the outside of the hatch to close, which leaves fingerprints and is dirty.

Honestly idk why it is on the passenger side if we drive on the left (maybe its a jdm trade-off, but hey both sides could have a cut off for weight reduction lol)
Not sure if that is a logical thinking about locating the slot in the left or right, or both. I assume it is on the right because most righted person find the location more convenient than if it were to his left. I don't normally use the slot to close the hatch because I would have to release my hand sooner than I like. I have better control of the hatch by using my hand on the license plate to close. It is also centered resulting in minimum force required to close the hatch. .

Old 10-18-2018, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by wasserball
Not sure if that is a logical thinking about locating the slot in the left or right, or both. I assume it is on the right because most righted person find the location more convenient than if it were to his left. I don't normally use the slot to close the hatch because I would have to release my hand sooner than I like. I have better control of the hatch by using my hand on the license plate to close. It is also centered resulting in minimum force required to close the hatch. .
its usually for short people that cannot reach the tailgate

Quick Reply: Little things you wish Honda had done