3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Little things you wish Honda had done

Old 11-07-2018, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MikeyGrz
I just found out my 15 has height adjustment also. Lol. Lots of people who live in urban areas don’t purchase these vehicles because they have good gas mileage, I could care less about it. I like it because of its size, I can park it anywhere. I’ve never seen a Fit get more than 35/36 So yours must be magical.
It is magical. I'll let you rub it for $5... Best full tank MPG has been 47 but that was before I changed to 205/50/16 tires. Great gas mileage was a priority for buying the Fit since I knew I would be moving and having to do a longer commute.

Link to last time I posted my magical gas numbers...

The phrase is, "I couldn't care less..." Cause the way you say it, you CAN actually care less.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
trying to get on Rismo's level. for the time being, my not-as-magical car is averaging 37.6 mpg. that # should increase as I'm finally learning how to drive this thing

another user on fuelly has 38.7 mpg averaged over 235 fuel-up's .... hes proof that magical cars do exist

to stay on topic, I wish honda added a passenger side vent cup holder. the one provided on drivers side, throws off symmetry

Old 11-08-2018, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerrySFL
Height adjustment for the drivers seat !!!
My ‘15 is height adjustable. Why isn’t yours?

Old 11-08-2018, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

My ‘15 is height adjustable. Why isn’t yours?
Probably 'cause they don't have a 3rd gen

Old 11-08-2018, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitchet
I believe my 2016 has it as well.
It's not extensive, closer to being a seat bottom angle adjustment. But you can adjust it. Just looked it up in the owners manual, and it is indeed called seat height adjustment. Again the range is pretty limited, but you can adjust it.
Remember, you are sitting on top of the gas tank already.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
trying to get on Rismo's level. for the time being, my not-as-magical car is averaging 37.6 mpg. that # should increase as I'm finally learning how to drive this thing

another user on fuelly has 38.7 mpg averaged over 235 fuel-up's .... hes proof that magical cars do exist

to stay on topic, I wish honda added a passenger side vent cup holder. the one provided on drivers side, throws off symmetry
Symmetry? Who really cares, beyond you? While I use the driver's side cupholder, it interferes with air flow.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Probably 'cause they don't have a 3rd gen
Being short … long torso, short legs, the height adjustment was the first thing I looked for. Opps, there it is.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Symmetry? Who really cares, beyond you? While I use the driver's side cupholder, it interferes with air flow.
I could have sworn the thread was titled:

"Little things you wish Honda had done "

That said ..... I wish .... honda added 1 more cup holder .... because I care about symmetry.

(if I failed to participate in this thread in the correct manner, someone please show me the error of my ways)

Old 11-09-2018, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
I could have sworn the thread was titled:

"Little things you wish Honda had done "

That said ..... I wish .... honda added 1 more cup holder .... because I care about symmetry.

(if I failed to participate in this thread in the correct manner, someone please show me the error of my ways)
No problem. I have long arms as opposed to short legs, so a right side dash cup holder would be useless to me. You would want a cup holder there. No problem. I'd like more ways to open the hatch, both from the interior and the exterior, little things that should be included on subsequent generations.

Old 11-15-2018, 01:26 AM
I really really wish my 2015 Fit had the upper cupholders (the ones directly in front of the vents) on both the drivers and passenger's side. Not sure why Honda removed this, I get very jealous when I see this on 2nd gen Fits. I also wish the cupholders in the doors were a bit bigger, they do not fit the large 64 ounce drinks from gas stations.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ogrelode
I really really wish my 2015 Fit had the upper cupholders (the ones directly in front of the vents) on both the drivers and passenger's side. Not sure why Honda removed this, I get very jealous when I see this on 2nd gen Fits. I also wish the cupholders in the doors were a bit bigger, they do not fit the large 64 ounce drinks from gas stations.
The large 64 ounce drinks do not fit in my stomach. And they did, they would not fit in my bladder. I put 24 ounce soda bottles in my doors, but those are too big for my bladder too. What happened to 6 oz bottles of Coca Cola? Every gas station used to have a vending machine with those.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Rear disc brakes

I wish the fit had 4 wheel disc. My 72 914 had this and used the disc as it’s parking brake so it’s doable for cheap

Old 11-24-2018, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kanadary
I wish the fit had 4 wheel disc. My 72 914 had this and used the disc as it’s parking brake so it’s doable for cheap
i'll probably always feel a little pang of regret everytime i see those tiny rear drums

Old 11-25-2018, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
And put the Fit in an entirely different price class, above the Civic, add weight , and reduce mileage. The 914 cost what in terms of 2015 dollars.

Opps, misread original post and I thought that 4WD was included. My bad, what I get for responding at 8AM Sunday morning. Yeah, the rear discs would add much if any weight. /but remember that the rear wheels do little on a front drive passenger car but keep the rear bumper from dragging. Sports cars being different.

Last edited by KentFinn; 11-25-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
I haven’t weighed the difference but I doubt there would be much weight increase between discs to drums. As for added cost maybe some but I would pay what an extra three hundred for discs. The 914 comment was just to point out that for the vw cars (yes the 914 was basically a vw with a few Porsche components like the gear box) there was tech to include disc brakes in the 70s

Old 11-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
I haven’t weighed the difference but I doubt there would be much weight increase between discs to drums. As for added cost maybe some but I would pay what an extra three hundred for discs. The 914 comment was just to point out that for the vw cars (yes the 914 was basically a vw with a few Porsche components like the gear box) there was tech to include disc brakes in the 70s
i would too. the brakes are very weak on the GK and i frequently shift into S-mode to get additional braking from the engine especially while i have my family on board.. teens arent light. i kinda just learned to live with the flaws of the car and found new value within.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
.........doubt there would be much weight increase between discs to drums. As for added cost maybe some but I would pay what an extra three hundred for discs.........
Cost, safety n performance!!! Rear discs would certainly be an improvement.

However, my approach in purchasing both of my Fits (previous '07 GD and current '15 GK), was knowing my intended use with a price point that made me happy. The Fit is marketed as an economy Sub-compact, therefore I drive it like one. No latebraking at corners nor tire burning starts. Shifting the 6MT and occasionally stretching out that VTEC, satisfies me enough.

Nevertheless, we all have our differing individual opinions. Because my GD was auto, the decision to get the manual on the GK, with the driving satisfaction it has continually provided, has made me "liking more it for what it is".

Old 11-26-2018, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa

nope, the front strut mounts are under the base of the windshield, transmitting road noise into the cabin instead of the engine bay.
it's much more structurally sound that way , one of the things that makes the chassis so solid for a 2500 lb car , it also ads to the steering responce and handling in a big way .i haven't noticed extra noise to the cabin , if there is i can live with it .switch to a wider tire , it'll quiet things down a bit

Old 11-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by woof
An oil dipstick where I can actually see what the oil level is.
Same here! I hate the dipstick on this car

Old 12-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by FrozoneTheFit
Another handle to close trunk for the back hatch!

It helps keep us from touching the outside of the hatch to close, which leaves fingerprints and is dirty.

Honestly idk why it is on the passenger side if we drive on the left (maybe its a jdm trade-off, but hey both sides could have a cut off for weight reduction lol)
right handed world..