3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Little things you wish Honda had done

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
How's 'bout something I wish Honda HADN'T done? They could've skipped the stupid blue/green lights surrounding the speedometer informing you of how you're gassing it. It's stupid. I'd be more accepting if it was blue (like the rest of my dash) when cruising, and some other color when stepping on it (or no color at all.....the green, to me, just doesn't mesh with the rest of the dash display......of course, I could just always have it floored and always be blue, but, you know ) I truly miss the days of simpler cars....there is no need for a clutch delay valve, or whatever it's called, no need for software induced rev-hang when shifting. This car, as much as I love it, could easily be a bit more fun for someone who actually knows how to drive a manny......It still remains a helluva great subcompact car. I just have great disdain for shit like the blue/green speedo
surround lights.... I know what I'm doing, Honda, thanks for nothing

Old 10-20-2018, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FrozoneTheFit
Are you referring to the rear struts?
nope, the front strut mounts are under the base of the windshield, transmitting road noise into the cabin instead of the engine bay.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Fuelish
I wish Honda had either put proper lights in the stupid red plastic pieces up the sides of the hatch, or just used black plastic instead of the totally non-functional and, imho, ugly red pieces ….but, hey, nothing a rattle can of black plasti dip didn't fix What were they thinking, "let's make this kinda like the CRV rear end" ? Am sure black plastic pieces would've been cheaper for them than the shiny, yet non-reflective red crap. PlastiDip ftw
Yes!! I hated those! I recently just painted mine to the color of the car. I love it now!

Old 11-02-2018, 03:03 AM
How about a light in the glove compartment? Even my '88 Saab had that.

Last edited by David Lawrence; 11-02-2018 at 03:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
If covered, I apologize. Get rid of the green/blue light around the center gauge. Even though it is not distractive it does nothing for me.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
Rear turning tail lights orange instead of red.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:04 PM
NOT cheaped out on the carpet. It's like a felt cardboard and sucks. Too bad there isn't another option for carpet. I'd settle for a rubber floor...

Old 11-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by wasserball
If covered, I apologize. Get rid of the green/blue light around the center gauge. Even though it is not distractive it does nothing for me.
I wish there was an option to make it blue all the time. I'm used to it now, but annoying.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
This. With the manual transmission it’s useless. It’s always blue unless you’re in sixth gear all the time or coasting.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MikeyGrz
NOT cheaped out on the carpet. It's like a felt cardboard and sucks. Too bad there isn't another option for carpet. I'd settle for a rubber floor...
I agree. Even my cheap Plymouth Neon had nice cut pile carpeting color matched. The stuff in the Fit is like felt roofing paper. I don’t know why they didn’t just use rubber mats if they’re being so niggardly.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:29 PM
Height adjustment for the drivers seat !!!

Old 11-07-2018, 05:21 AM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary

This. With the manual transmission it’s useless. It’s always blue unless you’re in sixth gear all the time or coasting.
From what I can tell that light is based solely on where your throttle pedal is positioned. You literally have to drive the vehicle so slow, it’s just useless. I found that no matter how I drive I’m still getting 30 miles per gallon. Sounds good to me.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerrySFL
2017 model has it.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by David Lawrence
How about a light in the glove compartment? Even my '88 Saab had that.
Yes! Light in the glove compartment, under the hood, on the roof, ABOVE the cargo compartment, not 6 inches off the floor.. . Include a cover for the cargo compartment.... full size spare, make it so you can turn off the dash light for MPG.... spread out the clutch and brake pedals, height adjustable seat...remote start for MT models.. Fix the damn VTC actuator problems.. factory shark fin antenna.... put in a real carpet or offer a rubber floor option...

Old 11-07-2018, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MikeyGrz
Yes! Light in the glove compartment, under the hood, on the roof, ABOVE the cargo compartment, not 6 inches off the floor.. . Include a cover for the cargo compartment.... full size spare, make it so you can turn off the dash light for MPG.... spread out the clutch and brake pedals, height adjustable seat...remote start for MT models.. Fix the damn VTC actuator problems.. factory shark fin antenna.... put in a real carpet or offer a rubber floor option...
No, no, no. I don't want a price increase. I love the Fit for what it is, cheap reliable transportation from A to B, honest 40+mpg. Great amount of storage space. If you want those features that you mentioned get a different car! Honda, please keep it simple as it is. Thank you. BTW, there is driver seat height adjustment on the 2017. I just confirmed.

Last edited by wasserball; 11-07-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:28 AM
No, no, no. I don't want a price increase. I love the Fit for what it is, cheap reliable transportation from A to B, honest 40+mpg. Great amount of storage space. If you want those features that you mentioned get a different car! Honda, please keep it simple as it is. Thank you. BTW, there is driver seat height adjustment on the 2017. I just confirmed.

I doubt many people getting 40 mpg. For what they are charging for this car then can put a few decent features inside it. It’s far from cheap too.. comparable small cars like this cost 1000s less. I don’t know of any cheap Ford, Chevy, Nissan vehicles that have leather interiors and navigation. Many of us purchase a small vehicle because we want a small vehicle, not because it’s cheap

Old 11-07-2018, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JerrySFL
2017 model has it.
I believe my 2016 has it as well.
It's not extensive, closer to being a seat bottom angle adjustment. But you can adjust it. Just looked it up in the owners manual, and it is indeed called seat height adjustment. Again the range is pretty limited, but you can adjust it.

Last edited by fitchet; 11-07-2018 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
My 2015 has height adjustment too.

Been getting 40+ MPGs routinely.

I wouldn't want a full size spare on this car as the additional weight will decrease gas mileage. What car manufacturer puts a remote start on a MT?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:04 AM
I just found out my 15 has height adjustment also. Lol. Lots of people who live in urban areas don’t purchase these vehicles because they have good gas mileage, I could care less about it. I like it because of its size, I can park it anywhere. I’ve never seen a Fit get more than 35/36 So yours must be magical.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:05 AM
As for the 40 MPG I rarely get. It depends on your location, where I live its stop and go plus hills, so my MPG is breaking 30 usually. On freeway road trips however it jumps to upper 30's very close to 40.

Also for those with the eco drive light, is the annoyance cause of the CVT? Usually with my 6 speed manual, the light is green anytime I just make sure I am in the right gear cruising. Even uphill if I downshift a couple gears and use the torque to pull me up it stays green.

Quick Reply: Little things you wish Honda had done