Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation (2015+) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/)
-   -   Anyone else overpay and regret it later? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-2015/99548-anyone-else-overpay-regret-later.html)

Ogrelode 12-05-2018 01:47 PM

Anyone else overpay and regret it later?

I am currently driving a 2015 EX 6spd that I paid 13.5k for with 44k miles This was after a $2000 trade in. A few weeks later I realized how much I overpayed. This has created a lot of disappointment for me. I found a 2016 ex automatic with only 11k miles on it on Craigslist for 12k. I really, really regret this purchase but there is nothing I can really do now. If anyone else has done the same thing I would love to hear about what happened, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

mike410b 12-05-2018 01:50 PM

Most people who overpay feel like that.

It happens, it is a sunk cost, just move on and don't dwell on it. Enjoy the car I guess.

Fuelish 12-05-2018 04:05 PM

Ogrelode, have you testdriven an automatic? It's far more a disappointing drive than a manual - if you enjoy rowing your own, I guess. I paid a bit more than I wanted to when we bought our '15 LX manual, but....a) was purchased CPO, so that's extra right off the bat, I suppose, and b) I tortured the salesperson to find me a manual, which they claimed to not have any, and there was a near mint condition CPO randomly discovered (BY ME!!!! just peeking in the parked cars on their lot....I was ready to walk.....I do not get along with CVTs, don't mind the price I paid, as the car is super utilitarian, great mpg, and pretty fun to drive, in the scheme of things.....hell, it's as quick as some mid/late '70's "musclecars" were, bonestock back in the day due to smog regulations and an industry forced to come up with quick fixes to make the gov't happy. Technology has come a long way, but.....be happy you didn't buy an automatic (unless you like that sort of experience) I'd pay extra for a manual no problem, anymore, as it's a dying breed of automobile

ashchuckton 12-05-2018 06:19 PM

Don't beat yourself up over it. It's done & you can't change it. Learn from this & become a smarter car shopper. We have all made mistakes costing ourselves money. Life goes on. Enjoy your new Fit.

bargainguy 12-05-2018 06:26 PM

OK, here's a thought. You have a 6MT. Lots of folks here want one. Why not sell the car - put a post in the classified section of this forum, CL, FBM or whatever - and get the car you want?

wasserball 12-05-2018 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Fuelish (Post 1418706)
Ogrelode, have you testdriven an automatic? It's far more a disappointing drive than a manual - if you enjoy rowing your own, I guess. I paid a bit more than I wanted to when we bought our '15 LX manual, but....a) was purchased CPO, so that's extra right off the bat, I suppose, and b) I tortured the salesperson to find me a manual, which they claimed to not have any, and there was a near mint condition CPO randomly discovered (BY ME!!!! just peeking in the parked cars on their lot....I was ready to walk.....I do not get along with CVTs, don't mind the price I paid, as the car is super utilitarian, great mpg, and pretty fun to drive, in the scheme of things.....hell, it's as quick as some mid/late '70's "musclecars" were, bonestock back in the day due to smog regulations and an industry forced to come up with quick fixes to make the gov't happy. Technology has come a long way, but.....be happy you didn't buy an automatic (unless you like that sort of experience) I'd pay extra for a manual no problem, anymore, as it's a dying breed of automobile

Now, that's a real back slapping compliment to the OP. I love my CVT FIT. It serves the purpose for what I wanted it to do, a utility car that gets me from A to B very inexpensively. BTW, my other car is a Porsche 911 Turbo, 6 spd manual. 99% of Fit buyers can't be wrong. :)

mike410b 12-05-2018 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by wasserball (Post 1418711)
99% of Fit buyers can't be wrong. :)

They definitely can though.

(I don't care about CVT v. 6MT, I wouldn't buy CVT, just saying 99% of people can definitely be wrong)

exl500 12-05-2018 07:56 PM

Mine was a very early car, and I paid over market. However, I have no regrets, because I love the car. Enjoy your Fit and relish how good it is.

2Rismo2 12-05-2018 08:06 PM

Life's too short to have regrets over a few dollars...

kenchan 12-05-2018 09:51 PM

i have a 16 EX i bought new (paid like $20k cash) and it is a pos. i think fate did you well. GL with your ride and enjoy it! :nod:

Ogrelode 12-05-2018 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by kenchan (Post 1418732)
i have a 16 EX i bought new (paid like $20k cash) and it is a pos. i think fate did you well. GL with your ride and enjoy it! :nod:

In what way is it a pos? If i'm not mistaken Honda resumed production in Japan for the 2016 model year, rather than in Mexico like my 2015. I would assume quality may be better to some extent with the 2016 since it is made in Japan. Is it a manual or automatic? Also, are you saying fate did me well in a good way or bad way?

cgs2000 12-06-2018 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by wasserball (Post 1418711)
Now, that's a real back slapping compliment to the OP. I love my CVT FIT. It serves the purpose for what I wanted it to do, a utility car that gets me from A to B very inexpensively. BTW, my other car is a Porsche 911 Turbo, 6 spd manual. 99% of Fit buyers can't be wrong. :)

I appreciate my 2016 LX; it was a good buy, a more than adequate basic car. I see so many YouTube reviews of more 'modern' cars which are like smart phones on wheels. A recent review of the 2019 Fit wasted no time on the basic vehicle, concentrating entirely on infotainment and 'smart' (dumb driver) controls.

knope 12-06-2018 02:09 PM

Like it's been stated: at least you didn't overpay for the cvt. :yeahthat: :popc:

kenchan 12-08-2018 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ogrelode (Post 1418742)
In what way is it a pos? If i'm not mistaken Honda resumed production in Japan for the 2016 model year, rather than in Mexico like my 2015. I would assume quality may be better to some extent with the 2016 since it is made in Japan. Is it a manual or automatic? Also, are you saying fate did me well in a good way or bad way?

the japan made fits i had were good. especially the 2012 MT i liked. but the mexico ones are a hit or miss. i’ve had a bunch of warranty related issues that i shouldn’t on a new car. so stupid. fate did u well.

fitchet 12-08-2018 11:29 AM

I feel I didn't get the "best" deal on my 2016 Honda Fit EX...
But if I overpaid? The amount wasn't too bad.

SInce I do plan to keep this vehicle a long time. I think that's where it can balance out. Where people really lose money, is when trading in paid off cars or making vehicle switches every 2-3 years.
Hopefully by the time the life of this Honda Fit is over? I will of gotten all the value possible out of it as a vehicle.

woof 12-08-2018 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ogrelode (Post 1418742)
In what way is it a pos? If i'm not mistaken Honda resumed production in Japan for the 2016 model year, rather than in Mexico like my 2015.

No, the 2016's were still made in Mexico and although somewhat better than the 2015 they still carried over some problems from that year. The 2017 was made in Japan, and then back to Mexico for the 2018 and 2019.

fitchet 12-08-2018 02:22 PM

My 2016 Honda Fit EX was made in Japan.

Brain Champagne 12-08-2018 03:18 PM

My 2016 EX CVT was made in Japan. I don't know the manufacture date but I bought it at the very end of the model year.

bargainguy 12-08-2018 05:58 PM

My 2016 LX was made in Japan, Oct. 2015 manufacture date inside the door.

bach 12-08-2018 07:42 PM

Like Mr Natural already said, don't beat yourself up over it. You gotta wonder about the craigslist fit, that's def under market so there's most likely a story behind it that you most likely should avoid. My first week with the 6MT I thought I made a big mistake, three years later I am Mr Happy, so glad it's not the CVT, so much fun to drive. And everyone pays too much at least once or twice, just don't make damn sure you don't do it next time.