3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Anyone else overpay and regret it later?

  #1  
Old 12-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Ogrelode's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 28
Anyone else overpay and regret it later?

I am currently driving a 2015 EX 6spd that I paid 13.5k for with 44k miles This was after a $2000 trade in. A few weeks later I realized how much I overpayed. This has created a lot of disappointment for me. I found a 2016 ex automatic with only 11k miles on it on Craigslist for 12k. I really, really regret this purchase but there is nothing I can really do now. If anyone else has done the same thing I would love to hear about what happened, i'm sure i'm not the only one.
 

Last edited by Ogrelode; 12-05-2018 at 02:09 PM.
  #2  
Old 12-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: .
Posts: 6,977
Most people who overpay feel like that.

It happens, it is a sunk cost, just move on and don't dwell on it. Enjoy the car I guess.
 
  #3  
Old 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Foothills of the Smokies, east Tennessee
Posts: 692
Ogrelode, have you testdriven an automatic? It's far more a disappointing drive than a manual - if you enjoy rowing your own, I guess. I paid a bit more than I wanted to when we bought our '15 LX manual, but....a) was purchased CPO, so that's extra right off the bat, I suppose, and b) I tortured the salesperson to find me a manual, which they claimed to not have any, and there was a near mint condition CPO randomly discovered (BY ME!!!! just peeking in the parked cars on their lot....I was ready to walk.....I do not get along with CVTs, don't mind the price I paid, as the car is super utilitarian, great mpg, and pretty fun to drive, in the scheme of things.....hell, it's as quick as some mid/late '70's "musclecars" were, bonestock back in the day due to smog regulations and an industry forced to come up with quick fixes to make the gov't happy. Technology has come a long way, but.....be happy you didn't buy an automatic (unless you like that sort of experience) I'd pay extra for a manual no problem, anymore, as it's a dying breed of automobile
 
  #4  
Old 12-05-2018, 06:19 PM
ashchuckton's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Here & now
Posts: 684
Don't beat yourself up over it. It's done & you can't change it. Learn from this & become a smarter car shopper. We have all made mistakes costing ourselves money. Life goes on. Enjoy your new Fit.
 
  #5  
Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: milwaukee, wi
Posts: 565
OK, here's a thought. You have a 6MT. Lots of folks here want one. Why not sell the car - put a post in the classified section of this forum, CL, FBM or whatever - and get the car you want?
 
  #6  
Old 12-05-2018, 06:43 PM
wasserball's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Friendswood, TX
Posts: 697
Originally Posted by Fuelish View Post
Ogrelode, have you testdriven an automatic? It's far more a disappointing drive than a manual - if you enjoy rowing your own, I guess. I paid a bit more than I wanted to when we bought our '15 LX manual, but....a) was purchased CPO, so that's extra right off the bat, I suppose, and b) I tortured the salesperson to find me a manual, which they claimed to not have any, and there was a near mint condition CPO randomly discovered (BY ME!!!! just peeking in the parked cars on their lot....I was ready to walk.....I do not get along with CVTs, don't mind the price I paid, as the car is super utilitarian, great mpg, and pretty fun to drive, in the scheme of things.....hell, it's as quick as some mid/late '70's "musclecars" were, bonestock back in the day due to smog regulations and an industry forced to come up with quick fixes to make the gov't happy. Technology has come a long way, but.....be happy you didn't buy an automatic (unless you like that sort of experience) I'd pay extra for a manual no problem, anymore, as it's a dying breed of automobile
Now, that's a real back slapping compliment to the OP. I love my CVT FIT. It serves the purpose for what I wanted it to do, a utility car that gets me from A to B very inexpensively. BTW, my other car is a Porsche 911 Turbo, 6 spd manual. 99% of Fit buyers can't be wrong.
 

Last edited by wasserball; 12-05-2018 at 06:46 PM.
  #7  
Old 12-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: .
Posts: 6,977
Originally Posted by wasserball View Post
99% of Fit buyers can't be wrong.
They definitely can though.

(I don't care about CVT v. 6MT, I wouldn't buy CVT, just saying 99% of people can definitely be wrong)
 
  #8  
Old 12-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 1,180
Mine was a very early car, and I paid over market. However, I have no regrets, because I love the car. Enjoy your Fit and relish how good it is.
 
  #9  
Old 12-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NOVAnistan
Posts: 2,438
Life's too short to have regrets over a few dollars...
 
  #10  
Old 12-05-2018, 09:51 PM
kenchan's Avatar
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OG Club
Posts: 20,283
i have a 16 EX i bought new (paid like $20k cash) and it is a pos. i think fate did you well. GL with your ride and enjoy it!
 
  #11  
Old 12-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Ogrelode's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Arizona, USA
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i have a 16 EX i bought new (paid like $20k cash) and it is a pos. i think fate did you well. GL with your ride and enjoy it!
In what way is it a pos? If i'm not mistaken Honda resumed production in Japan for the 2016 model year, rather than in Mexico like my 2015. I would assume quality may be better to some extent with the 2016 since it is made in Japan. Is it a manual or automatic? Also, are you saying fate did me well in a good way or bad way?
 
  #12  
Old 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: cincinnati oh
Posts: 128
Originally Posted by wasserball View Post
Now, that's a real back slapping compliment to the OP. I love my CVT FIT. It serves the purpose for what I wanted it to do, a utility car that gets me from A to B very inexpensively. BTW, my other car is a Porsche 911 Turbo, 6 spd manual. 99% of Fit buyers can't be wrong.
I appreciate my 2016 LX; it was a good buy, a more than adequate basic car. I see so many YouTube reviews of more 'modern' cars which are like smart phones on wheels. A recent review of the 2019 Fit wasted no time on the basic vehicle, concentrating entirely on infotainment and 'smart' (dumb driver) controls.
 
  #13  
Old 12-06-2018, 02:09 PM
knope's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DC, USA
Posts: 316
Like it's been stated: at least you didn't overpay for the cvt.
 
  #14  
Old 12-08-2018, 09:55 AM
kenchan's Avatar
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OG Club
Posts: 20,283
Originally Posted by Ogrelode View Post
In what way is it a pos? If i'm not mistaken Honda resumed production in Japan for the 2016 model year, rather than in Mexico like my 2015. I would assume quality may be better to some extent with the 2016 since it is made in Japan. Is it a manual or automatic? Also, are you saying fate did me well in a good way or bad way?
the japan made fits i had were good. especially the 2012 MT i liked. but the mexico ones are a hit or miss. i’ve had a bunch of warranty related issues that i shouldn’t on a new car. so stupid. fate did u well.
 
  #15  
Old 12-08-2018, 11:29 AM
fitchet's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,846
I feel I didn't get the "best" deal on my 2016 Honda Fit EX...
But if I overpaid? The amount wasn't too bad.

SInce I do plan to keep this vehicle a long time. I think that's where it can balance out. Where people really lose money, is when trading in paid off cars or making vehicle switches every 2-3 years.
Hopefully by the time the life of this Honda Fit is over? I will of gotten all the value possible out of it as a vehicle.
 
  #16  
Old 12-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Manitoba CANADA
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by Ogrelode View Post
In what way is it a pos? If i'm not mistaken Honda resumed production in Japan for the 2016 model year, rather than in Mexico like my 2015.
No, the 2016's were still made in Mexico and although somewhat better than the 2015 they still carried over some problems from that year. The 2017 was made in Japan, and then back to Mexico for the 2018 and 2019.
 
  #17  
Old 12-08-2018, 02:22 PM
fitchet's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,846
My 2016 Honda Fit EX was made in Japan.
 
  #18  
Old 12-08-2018, 03:18 PM
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,164
My 2016 EX CVT was made in Japan. I don't know the manufacture date but I bought it at the very end of the model year.
 
  #19  
Old 12-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: milwaukee, wi
Posts: 565
My 2016 LX was made in Japan, Oct. 2015 manufacture date inside the door.
 
  #20  
Old 12-08-2018, 07:42 PM
bach's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: metro chicago
Posts: 536
Like Mr Natural already said, don't beat yourself up over it. You gotta wonder about the craigslist fit, that's def under market so there's most likely a story behind it that you most likely should avoid. My first week with the 6MT I thought I made a big mistake, three years later I am Mr Happy, so glad it's not the CVT, so much fun to drive. And everyone pays too much at least once or twice, just don't make damn sure you don't do it next time.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else overpay and regret it later?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.