Vendor Says It Doesn't Fit! I say... "I think it can!"

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Vendor Says It Doesn't Fit! I say... "I think it can!"

So...I wanted to install this into my Fit.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dasaita-10-2-Android-6-0-Car-GPS-Player-for-Honda-Fit-Jazz-with-Octa-Core/32803513295.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.PAhMqu

Vendor Says It Doesn't Fit! I say... "I think it can!"-honda-fit-android.jpg

However, I have one of these in my car.

Vendor Says It Doesn't Fit! I say... "I think it can!"-01.jpg

They point out that it doesn't fit because of....

Vendor Says It Doesn't Fit! I say... "I think it can!"-them.png

So what does everyone think? I think the position of the Hazard Light Button is in the correct location, and the piece above it is just connected to a light censor that lets you know if your airbag is on or off.

Personally, I'll trust that it works each time, therefore I don't need the sensor illuminating me to let me know. But is there something behind it that will cause it not to fit at all?

Has anyone on here installed this kind of unit before?
To give you a better idea, there is another one of the same type (coming out of China) sold on Amazon.
Click Here Click Here

I started off with asking them if it'll just be a plug and play...and they said yes, that it'll work with existing wires. Then suddenly they said, no it won't fit.

Looking for someone to enlighten me or let me know that it'll work in our cars.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
Don't do it.

Company telling you it won't fit - bad sign.

The opening for the hazard button looks higher on the Dasaita than it does on the stock unit. What if there's an obstruction that prevents you from connecting the plug on the hazard button?

Aside from possible installation issues, I've seen this type of unit before, and I'm not impressed. How well it works in real life is unknown. Also not sure what happens if the unit develops issues. Do you ship it back to it's parents overseas? Warranty work done in the US - I don't think so.

I agonized over what head unit to replace on my LX. In the end, just a month ago, I went with a Sony XAV-712HD. Didn't cost much more than the unit you're considering. Of course, the Sony is just a double DIN unit and doesn't contain the dash kit/bezel specifically made for the GK5. That's the only real advantage I see behind the Dasaita - you don't have to buy a separate dash kit.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Easier to buy the 2-din adapter kit for the car (I assume they are available by now...) and buy a full featured standard head unit from Pioneer or kenwood. No it wont be as cheap..

Check the revision of the android OS they are running, how down rev and non upgrade-able do you want it to be?

Old 06-08-2017, 02:04 AM
The thing is...I'd like to find a flushed 10.1 screen with android, and I can't find it anywhere for the LX. I haven't removed the stereo at all yet to check, but can the hazard button shift up a little bit or is it attached to some kind of hard plastic backing?

If it's clipping into the face plate, then this thing would still work, wouldn't it?

Thank you for the advice about not being able to return in to China for warranty. It's the risk you take when you buy it through this method.