3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Night Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Lightbulb Night Fit

Installed a JDM RS Spoiler which doesn't fit USDM, but after some rewiring and innovation I got it to fit. Took a drive and some images. Spoiler is still unpainted.

Rims going on next once I save up for some tires.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Cool, take some pics in the daytime so we can how it all buttoned up.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:09 PM
Pretty cool! This was on my "to do" list as well. Can I ask, what did you do to make it fit?

If you don't mind...Amazon or eBay? or were you able to get a hold of an OEM JDM piece?

Nice headlights? 8K?

Old 11-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Cool, take some pics in the daytime so we can how it all buttoned up.
I snapped this photo this week, shows the side profile of it during day. Also new rims went on. Suspension was raised a it and fenders were rolled (badly on this side of the car..) Handling and braking were improved by tons by simply increasing to 205s.

Originally Posted by NiteFlight
Pretty cool! This was on my "to do" list as well. Can I ask, what did you do to make it fit?

If you don't mind...Amazon or eBay? or were you able to get a hold of an OEM JDM piece?

Nice headlights? 8K?
Thanks! Sorry for a super late reply, I was quite busy last couple of weeks and forgot I even made the post. You probably figured it out by now if you bought it, but I'll try my best to explain.

Firstly this was an eBay auction purchase for 120USD. I don't believe this is OEM, but it was made to fit onto a JDM Fit. The major issue for it was the third brake light connection, it's different enough on the spoiler that it won't fit into the USDM harness connection. My fix was simple; cutting of the connector from the old spoiler and wiring it up to the new one (Just negative and positive cable) worked perfectly since and only made installation go on for 15 - 20 more minutes. Also, JDM chassis seems to use less bolts to hold the spoiler (as the 2 extra ones USDM has aren't even mentioned in the instructions), but the kit came with adhesive tape that has held on good so far and it uses the two main bolts which was the hardest thing to get in and out.

8k LEDs that are very interesting.. they turn to brights every time you switch between an ON and OFF position, just for a split second but I've probably confused a few people already other than that they are very great and I can see much easier over the OEM. Brights are fucking bright though.. I only use them if I'm on a back road all alone at night, they completely blind you.
New rims.

Old 01-30-2018, 11:23 AM
Pictures you can show with the JDM spoiler looks like?

Old 01-31-2018, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by wmo168
Pictures you can show with the JDM spoiler looks like?
The previous post has the spoiler, here are some close ups. Sorry for the dirty car, also this is just primer.
https://imgur.com/a/0ybku

(Can’t upload straight to the site from my phone for whatever reason, here’s an Imgur album for now.)

Old 02-02-2018, 08:40 AM
what kind of wheels are those

Old 02-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by breds2k
what kind of wheels are those
Those are MTS Suzuka wheels, pretty much some sort of RPF1 replicas. 16x7 with 25 offset, I grabbed them only because I found a cheap deal on them. It’s a perfect fit on the rear, flush with the fenders but the front sticks out about 20mm so cutting fenders and adding flares is pretty much unavoidable if you are going to run coil overs I had to raise mine pretty much to stock height while I’m saving up for some good fender flares and working up the courage to cut my fenders.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
op- get a DSLR and use longer shutter times..

Old 02-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
op- get a DSLR and use longer shutter times..
Hahaha I wish... once I’m out of college and fully pay off my loans hopefully I’ll be able to afford things like that though, all of my paycheck money goes to the car and paying off as much of the loan as I can. I always wanted to photograph cars or anything really for fun with a nice DSLR.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
oh i see. GL with school..!

Old 12-09-2020, 12:13 AM
Not much to show or say but wanted to experiment with Potenza RE-71R tire on the car and while it's fun it's way more than the car needs. Had them for a year now and they have no tread left after daily driving and hitting this back road many times when there is no traffic. This will probably be my last run on them, I don't know if I want to go to anything else now. They are amazing in the rain surprisingly, (while the tread is still there). Good brakes is the only thing I'm missing. It is a CVT - I'm sure it would be more fun with a 6-speed.

Set up is:
  • 205/55 R16 Potenza RE-71R
  • K-sport Coilovers
  • Progress Rear Sway Bar
  • Tanabe Medallion Axle Back
  • RV-6 Performance High Flow Cat Downpipe
  • Oil Change

Last edited by Linksy; 12-09-2020 at 12:17 AM.