Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/)
-   -   Evilchargerfan's GK5 - Ballin On A Budget, Minus The Ballin Part (poor mans build!) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-fit-photos-videos-sub-forum/98021-evilchargerfans-gk5-ballin-budget-minus-ballin-part-poor-mans-build.html)

marmaladedad 12-05-2019 04:46 PM

The burble is a lullaby for the baby! :thumbups:

GolNat 12-05-2019 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1440167)
so ... I did flash it to stg 1. shhhhh ... dont tell the wife

Sweet!!! What tune did you go with? Dinan is the go to for BMW isn't it?

We picked my wife up a 16' Jetta for around town driving and I want to tune it so bad lol. Extra 30HP and 50 lb/ft would be really nice I think.

maybe I could tell her, the car came that way?
Definitely. Just be like it's always been like that dear, you must have just missed it :)

I'm thinking a good baby lullaby too!!

evilchargerfan 12-05-2019 06:40 PM

lullaby .... alright i'm gonna run with that. if she catches on, i'm gonna point fingers at you 2!

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1440173)
Sweet!!! What tune did you go with? Dinan is the go to for BMW isn't it?

We picked my wife up a 16' Jetta for around town driving and I want to tune it so bad lol. Extra 30HP and 50 lb/ft would be really nice I think.

man I was on the fence. my orig 2 that came to mind was jb4 and dinan purely due to popularity and longevity. then I discovered some new players ... that actually FLASH the car (not piggy back) and it came down to bootmod3 vs mhd. thanks to black fri deals, I went with MHD and purchased their stg 1 tune pack. (kind of regretting it now, I think BM3 would have been a better choice)

FWIW, it would seem the Bmw community are mostly going away from Dinan due to cost reasons. I believe its like 2x if not 3x what I paid for practically the same thing.

I SAY DO IT! even ktuning the gk5 for a whopping 10 hp really really made all the diff in the world! as the cool kids say "YOLO" ... right? (wait, do they say that anymore?)

GolNat 12-05-2019 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1440175)
lullaby .... alright i'm gonna run with that. if she catches on, i'm gonna point fingers at you 2!

Lmao that's fine by me. You can turn it off too which is really nice.

man I was on the fence. my orig 2 that came to mind was jb4 and dinan purely due to popularity and longevity. then I discovered some new players ... that actually FLASH the car (not piggy back) and it came down to bootmod3 vs mhd. thanks to black fri deals, I went with MHD and purchased their stg 1 tune pack. (kind of regretting it now, I think BM3 would have been a better choice)

FWIW, it would seem the Bmw community are mostly going away from Dinan due to cost reasons. I believe its like 2x if not 3x what I paid for practically the same thing.
I forgot about JB4, that is what I was thinking of using for the Jetta. That is crazy but good that there are new players coming into the game that are more cost effective. I liked the idea of flashing the ECU which is why I went with Unitronic for my tune but I can save $200 and go with JB4 for the same gains on the Jetta.

The MHD tune that you got seems really user friendly and it's great that you can customize all that stuff. Why are you thinking the BM3 would have been better?

I SAY DO IT! even ktuning the gk5 for a whopping 10 hp really really made all the diff in the world! as the cool kids say "YOLO" ... right? (wait, do they say that anymore?)
I was going to get the windows tinted for her Christmas present but a tune might be what she never thought she needed!! The kids can have the sun in their eyes for a little bit longer.

I'm not up with the latest but YOLO still sounds good to me lol

2Rismo2 12-06-2019 07:20 AM

WHAT1!? I'm offline for a day and craziness happens! haha

Congrats on the new whip man! You've had a lot of changes this year. Hate to see you go, but can't hate on getting a new car and keeping the wife happy.

marmaladedad 12-06-2019 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1440175)

Absolutely. My kids, now 12 and ten, absolutely loved riding in the E39 M5 that I had when they were younger. They refer to it as dad's rocketship. Even my wife called it the rollercoaster. Gotta stoke the fire early in the younglings.

evilchargerfan 12-06-2019 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1440179)
I forgot about JB4, that is what I was thinking of using for the Jetta. That is crazy but good that there are new players coming into the game that are more cost effective. I liked the idea of flashing the ECU which is why I went with Unitronic for my tune but I can save $200 and go with JB4 for the same gains on the Jetta.

The MHD tune that you got seems really user friendly and it's great that you can customize all that stuff. Why are you thinking the BM3 would have been better?

I discovered (after purchase) that MHD is vin locked. That is fancy talk for, if I sell this car, and pick up another, I am screwed and need to RE BUY another license =\

Had I went JB4 or BM3, I'd be fine and could carry over my purchase and re use. Overall the MHD still rocks, their OTS tunes are fantastic as they were done by a reputable company "wedge performance racing". And their people are very active on the boards and from what I gather have great service.

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1440179)
I was going to get the windows tinted for her Christmas present but a tune might be what she never thought she needed!! The kids can have the sun in their eyes for a little bit longer.

I say save the tint for summer time. Once she feels the magic of the tune, there is no going back!

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1440188)
WHAT1!? I'm offline for a day and craziness happens! haha

Congrats on the new whip man! You've had a lot of changes this year. Hate to see you go, but can't hate on getting a new car and keeping the wife happy.

its all your fault Rismo, you sign off for 1 day and I got this urge to go out and .... do crazy stuff!!!

thanks! its been a while since I had a car with some hp/tq, I figured it was a good chance to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get the family car that happened to have a good amt of both utility and power. I'll still hang around and post every now and then =)

Originally Posted by marmaladedad (Post 1440190)
Absolutely. My kids, now 12 and ten, absolutely loved riding in the E39 M5 that I had when they were younger. They refer to it as dad's rocketship. Even my wife called it the rollercoaster. Gotta stoke the fire early in the younglings.

ever consider getting back into a later model m5? or the next best thing (e60 535i or f10 535i) to an m5? once the dust settles at home and the kid is larger, and strollers are no longer a thing, I do plan to get something "cool" for daddy .... I have my eyes set on something along the lines of a 135i or a 235i or a 240i or anything fast and small. Something thats fun and less miata looking

marmaladedad 12-06-2019 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1440191)
ever consider getting back into a later model m5? or the next best thing (e60 535i or f10 535i) to an m5? once the dust settles at home and the kid is larger, and strollers are no longer a thing, I do plan to get something "cool" for daddy .... I have my eyes set on something along the lines of a 135i or a 235i or a 240i or anything fast and small. Something thats fun and less miata looking

I definitely would want an E39 like I had - manual only, never an automatic option - unlike the later generations. But, ones in good condition are getting harder to find. I thought they were perfect for my burgeoning family - looks like a normal sedan, goes like a sports car. Alas, that will probably wait until after the kids are done with college. I am sure something will be available around that time.

GolNat 12-06-2019 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1440191)
I discovered (after purchase) that MHD is vin locked. That is fancy talk for, if I sell this car, and pick up another, I am screwed and need to RE BUY another license =\

Had I went JB4 or BM3, I'd be fine and could carry over my purchase and re use. Overall the MHD still rocks, their OTS tunes are fantastic as they were done by a reputable company "wedge performance racing". And their people are very active on the boards and from what I gather have great service.

Ah okay, yeah my tune is like that too. It is a pain but having a reliable good OTS tune is important. Good customer service is plus.

I say save the tint for summer time. Once she feels the magic of the tune, there is no going back!
Good plan. If she asks questions I'm pointing fingers at you lol

135i or a 235i or a 240i or anything fast and small. Something thats fun and less miata looking
The 135/235 are pretty awesome and with not much work can be a rocket ship. I am loving the new Audi RS6 Avant but that is too much money at moment. Maybe when the kids are grown...but then I don't need that much room.

Originally Posted by marmaladedad (Post 1440190)

Lol the earlier the better. I have my kids referring to the GTI as the racecar. They love taking rides in it.

Eliseo Cortes 06-07-2020 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1405922)
Strange that those have been out of stock, for so long. I wonder if all the Gk5 owners out there, just cleaned house.... lol

There are other kits out there that should work as good. The key thing to look out for is an included dust cover, otherwise you'll need to trim your oem one. here was one kit I bought, and returned

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...42f7f73f24.png

Hi
I already have Leds lights in my Fit Sport 2012 head lights and fog light and i will change back to oem, im tired of the DMS code in the dash...