Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   Gk5 lowering springs (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/84474-gk5-lowering-springs.html)

kenji815 11-04-2014 06:19 PM

eibach is probably most moderate

yuffers 11-04-2014 06:24 PM

Kenji, I live in West Co. Are you still in the Walnut area and would you know of any shops that i can order these from and get it installed? There used to be shops way back in the day (late 90s etc) but man i dont know whats around anymore.

kenji815 11-04-2014 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by yuffers (Post 1275593)
Kenji, I live in West Co. Are you still in the Walnut area and would you know of any shops that i can order these from and get it installed? There used to be shops way back in the day (late 90s etc) but man i dont know whats around anymore.

try evasive motorsports

yuffers 11-07-2014 02:29 PM

Down to 2

So my choices are:

RSR -Superdown SUS

Honda Fit Superdown Sus Springs 2015+ | RS-R USA

Tein

I use my fit as a daily driver but still feel it is too high and a little soft on teh suspension.

Trying not too have it too low where i dont have to worry too much about those steep driveways etc but still want to feel the difference.

Any favorites between the two?

wonton2049 11-09-2014 09:28 PM

I went with the rs-r down sus simply because of the moderate drop. Wanted a sportier ride without having to worry about the front bumper.

The car still has body roll but is nicely improved. The front struts handle the spring rates very well IMO. The rear struts not so much. When riding over larger dips, the rear struts rebound pretty harshly. Even with the stock springs, passengers would still bounce around in the back but its much worse for them now.

Understeer is still present but not as prevalent as stock. Transitions are quicker but obviously not as quick as a complete strut/spring package.

Overall, huge difference considering its only a spring replacement. For me, its my daily beater. I wanted a sporty, understated car that will be low maintenance and fun to drive. IMO, the only other suspension mods needed are tires (running continental DWS +1 size) and a rear sway bar (MAYBE front sway bar too). Performance struts such as Koni yellows may become a possibility but I would worry how much ride comfort would be sacrificed.

p.s. Progress states they expect a rear sway bar to be available January/February.

Hope this helps

wonton2049 11-09-2014 09:33 PM

Oh, I live in New York. Potholes galore. If you live in a similar area, you may want to avoid springs that drop the vehicle too low. You are gonna need the extra strut travel for comfort and strut life. If you live in an area with smooth roads, it wont make much of a difference for daily driving being lower...

yuffers 11-09-2014 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by wonton2049 (Post 1276542)
Oh, I live in New York. Potholes galore. If you live in a similar area, you may want to avoid springs that drop the vehicle too low. You are gonna need the extra strut travel for comfort and strut life. If you live in an area with smooth roads, it wont make much of a difference for daily driving being lower...

Thanks for the in depth response. Exactly what I was looking for. It is my daily driver (about 50 miles round trip a day on the freeway). I rarely have passengers in the back but sometimes I do take my 2.5 year old on some short trips.

Before you replied I was thinking about the super or the regular sus.

Do you think the super sus would be too much? I really am just wanting a more sportier ride and less roll. If the user sus is barely an improvement over the regular sus then it seems like the regular sus is more practical.

Also what would be the avg price for a shop to install these days?

Thanks Rod

yuffers 11-09-2014 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by yuffers (Post 1276565)
Thanks for the in depth response. Exactly what I was looking for. It is my daily driver (about 50 miles round trip a day on the freeway). I rarely have passengers in the back but sometimes I do take my 2.5 year old on some short trips.

Before you replied I was thinking about the super or the regular sus.

Do you think the super sus would be too much? I really am just wanting a more sportier ride and less roll. If the user sus is barely an improvement over the regular sus then it seems like the regular sus is more practical.

Also what would be the avg price for a shop to install these days?

Thanks Rod

Almost forgot did you need an alignment after the sus installed?

wonton2049 11-10-2014 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by yuffers (Post 1276566)
Almost forgot did you need an alignment after the sus installed?

Tome will tell if I need an alignment. With such a mold drop I don't think it will be necessary. Visually, it doesn't seem like there is much negative camber going on.

Installation should be roughly 50 per side.... Probably more. Really shouldn't need a shop to do it. The rear is literally 1 bolt if I remember correctly. The front is more difficult but still relatively simple if you have the tools.

Comparing the the down Sus and their other model, I think the other model has softer spring rates but a lower drop. Don't know much else about them.

yuffers 11-10-2014 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by wonton2049 (Post 1276570)
Tome will tell if I need an alignment. With such a mold drop I don't think it will be necessary. Visually, it doesn't seem like there is much negative camber going on.

Installation should be roughly 50 per side.... Probably more. Really shouldn't need a shop to do it. The rear is literally 1 bolt if I remember correctly. The front is more difficult but still relatively simple if you have the tools.

Comparing the the down Sus and their other model, I think the other model has softer spring rates but a lower drop. Don't know much else about them.

Sorry I'm pretty ignorant on a lot of this stuff. How would the car feel if it does have a lower drop with softer spring rate?

Exgk5 11-10-2014 03:31 PM

Tein s tech i think most people are using.. But i want something that will give me much more lower than the.tein s tech

PJ Villaflor 11-23-2015 06:57 PM

I noticed most of the lowering springs available have a lower ride height for the rear than the front except for the Swift brand ones.

Are there advantages or disadvantages to the different front/rear ride height relation?

Ehko52 10-12-2016 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by PJ Villaflor (Post 1327450)
I noticed most of the lowering springs available have a lower ride height for the rear than the front except for the Swift brand ones.

Are there advantages or disadvantages to the different front/rear ride height relation?

Yes. Most vehicles have higher suspension in the rear to allow for hauling things around. If you have weight in the back you require extra suspension travel. If you want a race car and no fat chicks alowed then slam it and focus on vehicle stability with the driver being the only passenger lol. :thumbups::thumbups:

JingJangJoe 04-02-2019 09:35 AM

Photos of my car with RS-R Down springs for reference

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...720cfdb4b3.jpg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...1dd4e07457.jpg

2Rismo2 04-02-2019 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by JingJangJoe (Post 1426366)
Photos of my car with RS-R Down springs for reference

JingJangJoe, car looks great with a mild drop! Are these the Down Sus springs or the Superdowns? Are you using stock shocks? How is the ride? I'm looking to do the mild drop as I still have to drive in the city periodically and some of the street transitions can be steep. Also will be moving in the summer to a house that has an inclined driveway.

Part#: H294D
Compatibility: 2015+ Honda Fit
Chassis code: GK5

Approximate Drop:
Front -5mm (-0.2inch)
Rear -15mm (-0.6inch)

Spring Rates:
Front 2.78kg/mm
Rear 2.65kg/mm

JingJangJoe 04-02-2019 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2 (Post 1426370)
JingJangJoe, car looks great with a mild drop! Are these the Down Sus springs or the Superdowns? Are you using stock shocks? How is the ride? I'm looking to do the mild drop as I still have to drive in the city periodically and some of the street transitions can be steep. Also will be moving in the summer to a house that has an inclined driveway.

Part#: H294D
Compatibility: 2015+ Honda Fit
Chassis code: GK5

Approximate Drop:
Front -5mm (-0.2inch)
Rear -15mm (-0.6inch)

Spring Rates:
Front 2.78kg/mm
Rear 2.65kg/mm

Hi,

Yes. The car is installed with the Down Springs and running with the stock absorbers. The stock absorbers are handling the springs well with no excessive bounce.
The RS-R springs are much firmer than the OE springs and roll during cornering has been drastically reduced. And I have much more confidence entering corners at a much higher speed than before.
Going over humps and bumps are no problem as the springs level out the rear with the front with overall only very minor drop in the ground clearance. If you're looking for performance without dropping too low, these springs are the ones to get.

2Rismo2 04-02-2019 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by JingJangJoe (Post 1426383)
Hi,

Yes. The car is installed with the Down Springs and running with the stock absorbers. The stock absorbers are handling the springs well with no excessive bounce.
The RS-R springs are much firmer than the OE springs and roll during cornering has been drastically reduced. And I have much more confidence entering corners at a much higher speed than before.
Going over humps and bumps are no problem as the springs level out the rear with the front with overall only very minor drop in the ground clearance. If you're looking for performance without dropping too low, these springs are the ones to get.

Thank you very much for your review. Again your car looks great!

BUCARO 07-04-2019 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by JingJangJoe (Post 1426383)
Hi,

i think the springs that you have are superdown RS R ( 0.8/ 1.0")
look too down for be the down sus springs (0.2/0.6)
or am i wrong?

JingJangJoe 07-04-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by BUCARO (Post 1431648)
i think the springs that you have are superdown RS R ( 0.8/ 1.0")
look too down for be the down sus springs (0.2/0.6)
or am i wrong?

Hi,
What i have are the Down sus. Not super down.

hotkey 07-04-2019 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by yuffers (Post 1276571)
Sorry I'm pretty ignorant on a lot of this stuff. How would the car feel if it does have a lower drop with softer spring rate?

Sloppy, IMO. Rolls a lot when turning. Of course, ride would be more comfy, like a soft couch, in a straight line but then you'd get a lot of rocking due to crosswinds. If you lower the car enough, suspension would bottom out a lot which makes the car very uncomfortable.