3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

!!!!! Finally my GK5 Lowered !!!!!

Old 10-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Man i wanna do this so bad, But scared for warranty claims if needed in the future.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:18 PM
i've officially joined the tein s.tech lowered club.

review:
install was relatively easy.
Rear
just undo the low shock mount bolt on both side and pop out and spring.

front
undo 17mm top hat bolt. (Can be done without taking off the entire plastic piece using ratcheting wrench)
undo 2 lower strut bolt
remove abs cable 12mm
remove tie rod 14mm
out comes the McPherson assembly
note: I did not cut bump stop it's recommend to cut 1.2" off front from previous model fit per tein

the ride is much stiffer as expected. Gotta be more careful going over bumps. more review to come.

i love the stance of the car it's perfect!!

Old 10-26-2014, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Man, these lowered Fits do look very nice. I want to do it but I had a bad experience in my RAV4 last year when the underbody cover ripped almost off due to backing up over snow underneath the car. It had to be taken off.

Having an LX with the underbody aero bits would annoy the hell out of me if snow got a hold of it.

But damn.....sure looks nice.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:06 PM
FYI for those who have EX or EX-L
note the rear fender liner sagging will cause rubbing of the rear tire with the fender liner
see thread below i posted about fender liner.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...-question.html

easiest method it just say FU to the liner and take it out completely.
the liner is a POS and honda is saying it's a characteristic issue with the liner and most likely won't be fixing it.
because liner doesn't cause rubbing issue at stock height this will only be an issue with lowered cars on springs or coilover.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:34 PM
Got RSR Super Down Sus (EX/AT)

Originally Posted by jhn
I really like how your car looks. It appears all GE and GK after market springs are interchangeable. Your car is a little too low in the rear for my needs. I have a receiver hitch and bike rack. The Tein springs seem to drop an equall amount (1.6") front and rear. I think I'm going to go w/ H&R springs since the drop in the rear is less @ 1.3" or so. Did you cut the supplement spring (bumpstop) down?

Also, 25mm spacers is a lot! did you have to dissassemble the hubs to remove the lugs or can they be tapped out with the heat shields intact? I'm hoping they can be tapped out with no dissessembly (fingers crossed).

Any odd handling issues, like bump steer with those spacers? Any rubbing?

Lots or questions and your one of the first I've seen with a GK lowered.

Thanks ahead.
It lowered it just right with still a little gap. Able to drive over bumps and driveways without having to angle the car through. Rides a bit stiffer which is good. (I felt the stock was too soft)

I didn't want it slammed since it's my daily driver in LA. Was deciding for awhile between the RSR super down sus and regular sus. I was afraid if I went with the regular sus I wouldn't see a difference so I went with the super.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:03 PM
Very nice setup bbigmouthh. It really changes the car's appearance from SUV like to sporty hatch.

Did you notice any rubbing or underside scraping on bad roads at all since you had it done ?

I had Tein S Techs on my previous car for 8 years with no sagging. Although it only dropped mine about 1.3 inches all around (per S Tech specs). Yours is lower than that so I'm concerned about putting them on my GK3. It's a lease and I don't want to get the underside scraped.

One word of warning to anybody considering the S Tech springs. They are often counterfeit. If you buy them off ebay, you are taking chances that they are not by Tein. Chances are cheap ones are counterfeit. Buy from an authorized Tein dealer only !

Last edited by mikeDF; 03-28-2015 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Any other good quality springs for the GK3 that lower the car a little less than the Tein's ?

Old 03-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Darkshowdo
Man i wanna do this so bad, But scared for warranty claims if needed in the future.
When I installed mine on my Echo hatchback (when it was new), my dealer said it will void the warranty on suspension parts. I expected this and did it anyway. With a proper alignment, nothing should go wrong with a good quality brand. I still had them on the car way after the warranty expired with no problems to the stock suspension and the car is now 10 years old.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:03 PM
Coming from a really low Prelude that would have the exhaust scrape on speed bumps, I'm trying to be a bit more cautious.

Are speed bumps an issue at all as far as scraping the underside of the car?

Thank you

Old 01-19-2016, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by bbigmouthh
Yep, 25mm is nearly flush,I love that
For rear and front, or just the rear wheels?

Old 01-19-2016, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alnepo1028
For rear and front, or just the rear wheels?
Most of us are only applying spacers to the rear wheels. I ordered spacers this past weekend, but I'm only going 20mm. My reasoning is that 25mm seems to make the back wheels visually flush to fender, but more so than the front wheels. I have a feeling that 20mm will make the back wheels an equal amount of flush as the front, but "wheel" see

Old 01-19-2016, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by WagovanMan
Most of us are only applying spacers to the rear wheels. I ordered spacers this past weekend, but I'm only going 20mm. My reasoning is that 25mm seems to make the back wheels visually flush to fender, but more so than the front wheels. I have a feeling that 20mm will make the back wheels an equal amount of flush as the front, but "wheel" see
Dude please post pictures once you get them on! I'm considering going with H&R Trak+ (either 20-25mm) on the rear with Tein S.Tech springs...but I've also strongly considered Swift Springs based on your set up. I have a feeling you're right about the 20mm spacers so interested to see.

Where are you in San Diego?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:20 PM
Dude please post pictures once you get them on! I'm considering going with H&R Trak+ (either 20-25mm) on the rear with Tein S.Tech springs...but I've also strongly considered Swift Springs based on your set up. I have a feeling you're right about the 20mm spacers so interested to see.

I'd go with Swift if you value comfort at all.

Old 01-19-2016, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by mikeDF
I'd go with Swift if you value comfort at all.
Thanks for the input. Slick ride, btw! Swift seems like the safest route to go, coupling practicality with performance. I'll just hang out for another week or so and continue reading through this forum as a bystander before I pull the trigger.

Cheers!

Old 01-19-2016, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member

Mid-city area. Not too far from downtown. I agree with MikeDF regarding comfort of Swift springs, but I haven't experienced other springs so I can't comment on how comfortable other brands might be. I like that I've closed the tire/fender gap modestly, but sometimes I wish it was a little lower for the aesthetic appeal. My second choice would have been H&R springs based on jhn's experience. I will post images of the spacers in an appropriate thread after I get them installed.

Old 01-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by bbigmouthh
Yep,The one I installed is SKB74 AUB00 . GE and GK use same Springs.
Out of curiosity, why did you go with the springs for the GE8 (SKB74-AUB00) as opposed to the ones made specifically for the GK5 (SKHD8-AUB00)?

Old 01-20-2016, 04:54 PM
jhn
Because when he did it springs for the GK weren't out yet. I have rear GE springs on my GK. Work fine

Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by jhn
Because when he did it springs for the GK weren't out yet. I have rear GE springs on my GK. Work fine
Thanks for the response, jhn! Following your threads now too, btw...great job on your ride!

Old 01-22-2016, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
This is really tempting me, especially since the TEIN springs are on sale $176.63 with free shipping from THMotorsports.

Any issues with tires rubbing?

My future plans are 17x7 wheels with 205/45-17 tires, which is only slightly bigger than the stock diameter, but it'll be a while before I get that set up.

Old 01-27-2016, 02:50 PM

Following in the footsteps of bbigmouthh and kenji815. Installed are Tein S.Tech (SKHD8-AUB00) and 25mm H&R spacers in the back. Modest drop...more than Swift Springs and less than the Teins made for the GE8's. Ride is stiffer for sure, but not to the point where the lady will even notice (which is a good thing).

Anyway, thanks to those on this thread for the inspiration to pull the trigger.

Cheers!

Last edited by alnepo1028; 01-27-2016 at 03:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: !!!!! Finally my GK5 Lowered !!!!!