3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Progress Rear Sway Bar

Old 05-21-2016, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
Progress Rear Sway Bar

Part#: 62.1063
Thickness: 19mm

Finally got a chance to install my Progress rsb. Straight forward install, takes maybe 15-20m including jacking up both sides of the car. After lowering the car, be sure to retorque the bolts while the car is on the ground. Bar is built very well and hugs tight to the body. Do not have to worry about it ever scraping on the ground or getting caught on anything.

Impressions:
Noticeable difference going over bumps and taking turns. Nothing dramatic and you probably wouldn't notice the difference unless you were looking for it. Rear stays planted much better, though. For example, when going over bumps or unevenness in the road, you can feel the rear rebound quicker as the rsb is displacing the bumps and having both sides work together now. Likewise when taking consecutive or hard turns, you can feel the rear following around and being more compliant now. Feels much more stable and gives you a little confidence. Not enough for oversteer, so i wouldn't worry about that.

Negatives, the rsb transmits more road noise into the cabin. Hitting bumps and whatnot, you can hear the noise coming into the cabin from the rsb it seems like.

For the cheap price, i'd highly recommend getting this and installing yourself. You literally put bolts into existing holes then tighten it down with supplied nuts.

Last edited by TofuShop; 06-11-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
FedEx is dropping one off tomorrow for my '15 LX ....looking fwd to it
<edit> ....finally got around to installing it, straightforward and easy install. And I agree with your overall assessment, although I don't notice any additional road noise, at this point. Adds "oversteer" but not enough to really override the inherent fwd understeer, feels much more balanced in spirited driving...definitely worth it, to me ... dunno why a rsb isn't standard, doesn't affect ride comfort and is a lotta fun. If they spec'ed it for every Fit, wouldn't really add much at all to the cost of the car. Nice product....I put a Progress "stabilizer bar" on my '05 Corolla (replaced the 19mm factory bar with, mmmm, 25 mm, iirc....another easy install which definitely helped reduce understeer...my son drives it now for commuting to college)

Last edited by Fuelish; 07-18-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
did you torque it down correctly? It shouldn't make any noise at all and I highly doubt it is transmitting anymore more noise than these cars already allowed...which is a lot.

Old 10-15-2016, 07:54 PM
I just installed the Progress Rear Sway Bar on my Fit. It does make a significant difference when you corner hard. The car feels much more stable in turns.

Old 12-08-2016, 07:16 PM
FYI this thing is $160 free shipping right now from sportcompactwarehouse.com

was looking around for it...

Old 01-04-2017, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Very impressed by the sway bar

I installed the progress bar last week and I am very impressed by the improvement in cornering. My son even noticed the difference at 25mph in the development when I pulled it side to side.
All these cars should come with these. Cheapest improvement you can do. I would make this modification first.
Shocks, springs, tires next week.

Old 01-05-2017, 07:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by howarderic
I installed the progress bar last week and I am very impressed by the improvement in cornering. My son even noticed the difference at 25mph in the development when I pulled it side to side.
All these cars should come with these. Cheapest improvement you can do. I would make this modification first.
Shocks, springs, tires next week.
Agreed. Tell us more about your upgrades. What are you putting in?

Old 07-27-2017, 12:59 AM
Mine is set to arrive tomorrow, can't wait to install it and lose some body roll!

Old 08-23-2017, 11:38 AM
Mine is finally on it's way!! UPS between 10am-2pm. Hopefully installed before dinner

Is there a torque recommendation or just "tight enough"?

Old 08-23-2017, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GodFather
Mine is finally on it's way!! UPS between 10am-2pm. Hopefully installed before dinner

i believe torque specs are in the instruction manual. Cant remember but i swear i saw something ! Enjoy the RSB, im lovin mine errrday!

Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

http://www.progressauto.com/ecom/download/62.1063.pdf

Progress Technology recommends that all hardware be torqued to 65 ft-lbs.

A copy of the installation instructions should be included with your purchase as well.

Old 08-23-2017, 03:20 PM
It's here it's here!!! Looking at the instructions, which way is up? Is the side that's more flush up against the vehicle or does that face down to the ground?

Old 08-23-2017, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
It's here it's here!!! Looking at the instructions, which way is up? Is the side that's more flush up against the vehicle or does that face down to the ground?
Look at first post, there's only one way it'll get mounted. You'll see when you're under the car

Old 08-23-2017, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Look at first post, there's only one way it'll get mounted. You'll see when you're under the car
Cool got it!

How'd you get the small bolt in front of the shocks as stated in the instructions. I had to go from underneath then had the nut on top. I haven't test drove it yet, waiting on a reply

Old 08-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Never mind, got it turned around. It's also a weird spot for that spacer tube. Just put them in between that long bolt

Old 08-23-2017, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Never mind, got it turned around. It's also a weird spot for that spacer tube. Just put them in between that long bolt
How do you like it? I have the same rear anti-sway bar installed on my GK5 and I absolutely love it!

Last edited by USDM; 08-23-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by USDM
How do you like it? I have the same rear anti-sway bar installed on my GK5 and I absolutely love it!
I'm sure I'll love it once I get it properly installed. I can't get the nuts screwed onto the bolts more than 2 turns. Not one, but all four! I left a message for Progress guys to call me. I do know they have an excellent customer service and support. I'm sure they'll call back tomorrow. So much for my test drive after dinner.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:12 AM
5 Year Member
I'm sure I'll love it once I get it properly installed. I can't get the nuts screwed onto the bolts more than 2 turns. Not one, but all four! I left a message for Progress guys to call me. I do know they have an excellent customer service and support. I'm sure they'll call back tomorrow. So much for my test drive after dinner.
Well that sucks! I'm sure you'll get it sorted PDQ though.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Got back from a trip and Progress came through!! In particular, Jeff from Progress sent the correct nuts that go with the bolts. I searched Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, and even Sears Auto but couldn't find the right size. Anyway, got and installed the RSB. There is a noticeable difference when going through corners and as I found out last night the Fit felt more stable in crosswinds. I didn't notice much difference in noise, but I did notice more stiffness hitting bumps. And this probably isn't because of the RSB, but I hit an all time high gas mileage or 44mpg highway since buying this car this past June.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator
Got back from a trip and Progress came through!! In particular, Jeff from Progress sent the correct nuts that go with the bolts. I searched Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Lowes, and even Sears Auto but couldn't find the right size. Anyway, got and installed the RSB. There is a noticeable difference when going through corners and as I found out last night the Fit felt more stable in crosswinds. I didn't notice much difference in noise, but I did notice more stiffness hitting bumps. And this probably isn't because of the RSB, but I hit an all time high gas mileage or 44mpg highway since buying this car this past June.
I'm glad they sorted you out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Progress Rear Sway Bar