Arizona Fits ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gloryhound
the places i need to get too are going to be E. Bell right near the 51 freeway and glendale right near the 51 freeway... looking on the map it seems to be right in the middle of phoenix. Am i pretty much in the heart of the bad areas for work?

so north glendale is where i should look? how about proximity to those areas, cause i hate sitting in traffic; any other close areas that are nice? its me and my girl so i want to be in a safe area (ive watched a few episodes of first 48 and it makes phoenix seem like the wild west).

plus i want to be fairly close to a bjj school (if any of you guys happen to roll).

thanks!
bell next to the 51 is a good area, as long as you stick on this side of town(north side) youre fine, these areas are really nice and you get your car stolen when you start going down towards central glendale, and phx thats when it starts gettin a little worse

Old 09-21-2007, 04:53 PM
5 Year Member
right on G... how about Paradise Valley (sounds nice from the name) is really close; is that a nice place to look? plus i don't really want to be overpaying for rent, you know. Cause im in LA and there are really nice little cities to live that are close to LA and nice while being affordable (without living in Beverly hills type places that are nice but super expensive)...

Old 09-21-2007, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gloryhound
right on G... how about Paradise Valley (sounds nice from the name) is really close; is that a nice place to look? plus i don't really want to be overpaying for rent, you know. Cause im in LA and there are really nice little cities to live that are close to LA and nice while being affordable (without living in Beverly hills type places that are nice but super expensive)...

the cost of living in cali is alot more than here in az, and PV is a really nice place to live, but expensive

Old 09-23-2007, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
I don't live in AZ. But I am here for 2 months. If ya hold a get together/meet withing 1 hour from Benson (benson is 50minutes south of Tucson) then le me kow and I'l definetly show up.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Ritzbury
AZ chiming in

I rolled off the 51 and Shea. bought my fit from showcase. they got me a great deal, then told me to buzz off after i got the fit. They said they would fill the tank and give me a cd visor if i bought the car (that was their end of the deal). Never happened. Left the lot with an empty tank of gas and 2$. the salesperson gave me the 4$ he had to get me home. HE filled me tank a few days later. the salesperson felt bad on what his bosses had said, and never followed through. they still owe me another tank and a cd visor.

i'll be back in PHX on oct. 25. came up to CO for a few months to help my mom sell her house. hate it here.

i'd be more than up for a meet.

and the 51 and bell is a cool spot. i'll be at cave creek and union hills. we'll see eachother all the time!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ritzbury
I rolled off the 51 and Shea. bought my fit from showcase. they got me a great deal, then told me to buzz off after i got the fit. They said they would fill the tank and give me a cd visor if i bought the car (that was their end of the deal). Never happened. Left the lot with an empty tank of gas and 2$. the salesperson gave me the 4$ he had to get me home. HE filled me tank a few days later. the salesperson felt bad on what his bosses had said, and never followed through. they still owe me another tank and a cd visor.

i'll be back in PHX on oct. 25. came up to CO for a few months to help my mom sell her house. hate it here.

i'd be more than up for a meet.

and the 51 and bell is a cool spot. i'll be at cave creek and union hills. we'll see eachother all the time!

shit thats wrong.... I bought my fit from arrowhead honda. I would recommend them any day. I left with a full tank of gas, without having to ask

Old 10-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Ritzbury
that's not even the bad part. they signed a contract saying they would cash my down payment check for 30 days... THEN cash it. the held it 20. the money didn't come out of my bank account, they never called me. i left messages for them everyday for a month. i said screw it, and used to money for a few payments and tattoos. HA! they were supposed to transfer my vanity plates that say MCLOVIN, and they never did. but the lady who does titles is very nice and said she'll take care of it when i come back in a few weeks.

but i'm thinking since they never came through with the gas and CD visor, i'll make them order and install an armrest... as interest. you know?

Old 10-11-2007, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
that's not even the bad part. they signed a contract saying they would cash my down payment check for 30 days... THEN cash it. the held it 20. the money didn't come out of my bank account, they never called me. i left messages for them everyday for a month. i said screw it, and used to money for a few payments and tattoos. HA! they were supposed to transfer my vanity plates that say MCLOVIN, and they never did. but the lady who does titles is very nice and said she'll take care of it when i come back in a few weeks.

but i'm thinking since they never came through with the gas and CD visor, i'll make them order and install an armrest... as interest. you know?

haha gl man.. thats BS on their part, honda dealerships are usually pretty damn good about stuff like that

Old 10-20-2007, 12:38 AM
yeah bell was awesome about holding my check

Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
New Fit owner here in Phoenix. I used to hit both the Westside (Glendale) and ASU Subaru meets on a semi-regular basis, and wouldn't mind meeting the local Fit crowd.

-Mike

Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghibli99
New Fit owner here in Phoenix. I used to hit both the Westside (Glendale) and ASU Subaru meets on a semi-regular basis, and wouldn't mind meeting the local Fit crowd.

-Mike

go to azht's donation drive this sunday, ill be out there. more info in the off topic disscusion. under supra collision

Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 AM
5 Year Member
I didn't realize there was a region subform =) Signing in, let me know if there's a meet sometime, I'd be interested.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Redshift
I didn't realize there was a region subform =) Signing in, let me know if there's a meet sometime, I'd be interested.
this sunday the 16th there is a HUGE donation drive for the supra owner who lost his life in that bank robbery crash last week. It starts at 10am. lot 59 at ASU main.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:37 AM
5 Year Member
Hey George02, I visited the thread in Off-Topic when I read your earlier post. Glad to see the car enthusiast community banding together for a good cause!

By the way, regarding Showcase Honda, that's not the first time I've heard negative feedback about them. Thanks for the heads up. And if anyone's interested, I hear Tempe Honda is offering Hondas at invoice through the end of the year. Search "honda invoice" via craigslist. I called and yes it does include Fits.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Ritzbury
i wish i could be there. once i get money, i'm heading to phoenix to get the rest of my stuff. i'll plan ahead of time, maybe we could get something together, or at least i can check out george's whip.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
i wish i could be there. once i get money, i'm heading to phoenix to get the rest of my stuff. i'll plan ahead of time, maybe we could get something together, or at least i can check out george's whip.

sounds good. maybe a bbq??? we got a big car club so we'll have quite a few cars to look at

Old 12-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Ritzbury
Originally Posted by George02
sounds good. maybe a bbq??? we got a big car club so we'll have quite a few cars to look at
BBQ! one of the things i have to pick up in PHX is my grill actually. it's a lil' camping grill, so we can set that shit up anywhere. i have hookups out there for some bomb organic steaks too. alright, now i want to head to phoenix for grilling.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Redshift
Hey George02, I visited the thread in Off-Topic when I read your earlier post. Glad to see the car enthusiast community banding together for a good cause!

By the way, regarding Showcase Honda, that's not the first time I've heard negative feedback about them. Thanks for the heads up. And if anyone's interested, I hear Tempe Honda is offering Hondas at invoice through the end of the year. Search "honda invoice" via craigslist. I called and yes it does include Fits.
i bought my fit from tempe honda a few weeks ago. paid dealer invoice, which was $15,400 + ttl. ssm sport manual.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by ghibli99

-Mike
did you get rid of the wagon? i haven't hit a suby meet for awhile now...just picked up the fit too.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by wgnths
did you get rid of the wagon? i haven't hit a suby meet for awhile now...just picked up the fit too.
Yeah, the wagon was traded in for the Fit. Payments, insurance, and 91 prices were pretty brutal, so I took some advice and traded down, although I really love the Fit (minus the power loss). I'm saving $250/mo in payments (and with a shorter loan term), and my insurance dropped $500 for the year, which is huge.

It's gonna be "fun" rolling up to the westside meet and having everyone laugh at my car, but I don't care... can't wait to show them how the back seats work and how cavernous the interior feels.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Arizona Fits ?