Bay Area Fits- Proposed BIG NorCal Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Banned
Thumbs up Bay Area Fits- Proposed BIG NorCal Meet

Please go to the California- Sacramento Area Community forum, "Sac Area Fits Meet!" thread. We are trying to cook up a LARGE fits meet, but it won't be in the Sacramento area. Read the posts on page 3 & 4 re: San Luis Reservoir park.

This is not as foggy as Bay area meet sites, not as hot and humid as Stockton/Sacramento, and it is big, with open water and valley breezes, water faucets, grills, restrooms, etc. Would require quite a drive for some folks, but there is no worry about security for your car, and no limit on how many people would comfortably fit. It's "in the middle of nowhere"- no shopping malls, no traffic, no crowds, just everything needed for a picnic and room for lots of cars.

Why should Southern California have all of the big Fit meets?

If interested, please reply on the Sacramento Community forum.

Thanks-
Dave

Old 06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
Why should Southern California have all of the big Fit meets?
Seriously, though - I would have expected the SFBay Fit community to be one of if not the biggest. I see plenty of Fits on the road, so where else do ppl hang out (online)?

Old 06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by leandro82
Seriously, though - I would have expected the SFBay Fit community to be one of if not the biggest. I see plenty of Fits on the road, so where else do ppl hang out (online)?
Agreed, but you are the only reply to this message. Many Fit owners in the Bay area, few active ones on this forum.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
I put the web address for FitFreak.net on someones windshield, someone that owns a White Fit in the Belmont area... so random.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
I put the web address for FitFreak.net on someones windshield, someone that owns a White Fit in the Belmont area... so random.

HEY!! that was me!! lol. jk.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
LOL I used to do that with S2000s that I'd see, but now that I think about it, it seems kind of creepy. True, I see a few Fits rolling around, but not too many here on the forums. Then again, I'm assuming attendance will pick up at some point once the word starts getting out.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i live in burlingame (near sfo) and i see alot of fits around but ive only seen one or two with aftermarket parts. it seems like the target demographic in the bay area for fit drivers is 40+ guys and fat black chicks!! i wish there were more meets here on the peninsula.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Banned
I've been a fitfreak member for the last year, and I don't remember seeing posts about a single Fit meet in the Bay area in that time. Except for the one that I organized in June, where only two Fits besides mine showed up.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
what about the one I'm setting up?

/me packs up camera, prints out map to dublin

I'll bring back some goodies.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:44 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
when is the one in dublin? my fit isnt going to be driveable for the next few weeks because its gonna be at opak racing to get my spoon LSD installed =D
also, anyone know of a good shop to get my suspension dialed in? i just put the tein basic damper kit on and i got the rear struts perfectly set up but no luck with the fronts. hopefully the roll center adjusters from j's racing will help out with roll but im having rubbing issues and the front feels a little spongy.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Are you the white automatic at Opak?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:00 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
no that white auto is being converted into a full track car. im trying to keep my fit somewhat streetable. my biggest mods that are in the near future is the LSD and a jackson racing supercharger. i would put the LSD in myself but dropping my transmission does not sound fun. and opak has the knowhow because they have already installed it on two fits.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i live in burlingame (near sfo) and i see alot of fits around but ive only seen one or two with aftermarket parts. it seems like the target demographic in the bay area for fit drivers is 40+ guys and fat black chicks!! i wish there were more meets here on the peninsula.
hhhmmm got sumtin against people over 40 driven a Fit?,,,,how old is the person driving this MR/MT,,,,,,,,,

Old 08-19-2007, 01:18 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
haha well, hondas are kinda like my generations muscle cars. id rather see a 40 year old in something a little more expensive. if i could afford a cherry 70 chevelle ss (and afford gas) i would have one. its cool that your getting into it, but it bothers me seeing all these old men driving fits like they are hybrids. no offense. but its like when your parents get on myspace.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:50 AM
5 Year Member
or my mother starts messaging me on FitFreak, or myspace.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:27 AM
5 Year Member
40s not that old! I'm 32 and don't feel awkward being in a fit. Alot of people get economy cars as daily driver vehicle though. Who know's what they cruz in on the weekends. Also if your into modifying cars, it's second nature to hop up every vehicle that sits in your driveway or garage I for one cannot leave well enough alone.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:42 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
haha i know. im just bustin your grey bush balls. im just a 25 year old punk ass. nevermind me.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
id rather see a 40 year old in something a little more expensive.
there's not a car on the market that offers what the Fit does at it's price,,,I did not buy it to trick it, I'm a little more practical than that. But it does look good with a lttle bling , so why not.

"im just a 25 year old punk ass. nevermind me"
see even now as you get older you are starting to say wise things lol

Old 08-19-2007, 11:45 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
sweet. hope your happy with your 95 horsepower and your crazy body roll. pracitcal is just code word for "im cheap". and 40 year olds shouldnt use words like "bling". next your gonna say your just "gettin jiggy with it" haha

Last edited by kelsodeez; 08-19-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
sweet. hope your happy with your 95 horsepower and your crazy body roll. pracitcal is just code word for "im cheap". and 40 year olds shouldnt use words like "bling". next your gonna say your just "gettin jiggy with it" haha
well smart a$$ it's 109 HP and if you think 17 grand for a car is cheap then you a spoiled smart a$$,,,did you pay cash for your's or did your mommy buy it for you btw I'm 45 and say anything I want,,,,, thankyou for that, duuuude

Quick Reply: Bay Area Fits- Proposed BIG NorCal Meet