Bay Area Fit Sightings

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Bay Area Fit Sightings

Just thought I'd start up a Bay Area sightings thread..

At the Dublin post office I regulary see a blue sport parked ouside next to the hand car wash place. Is that anyone here?

Also, I see a black sport driven by an asian woman in pleasanton every once and awhile during lunch in the plaza parking lot for subway/jamba juice/Carl's Jr.s. It had custom plates, but I can't remember what it said
Hello to you!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, I'm a So Cal guy, but I just got back from a 1300 mi trip to Paradise, Chico, San Fran, Santa Cruz and Hwy 1 all the way back to OC.... I saw one SSM near Pier 39 on Wed., another SSM in Pacifica with an older couple staring at me and then 3 (!) in Santa Cuz on Thurs..... I saw about 40-50 of those dang Priuses all the way down Hwy 1....ugh! Down here people only buy them to cheat into the carpool lanes or pretend that they are 'enironmentally responsible.' At least the Fit looks good while getting good mileage!

Old 08-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Fitn in
Hey, I'm a So Cal guy, but I just got back from a 1300 mi trip to Paradise, Chico, San Fran, Santa Cruz and Hwy 1 all the way back to OC.... I saw one SSM near Pier 39 on Wed., another SSM in Pacifica with an older couple staring at me and then 3 (!) in Santa Cuz on Thurs..... I saw about 40-50 of those dang Priuses all the way down Hwy 1....ugh! Down here people only buy them to cheat into the carpool lanes or pretend that they are 'enironmentally responsible.' At least the Fit looks good while getting good mileage!
If the Fit owners that you saw in Santa Cruz bought them there, they dealt with a very crooked dealership, and none of them bought at MSRP!

BTW, I am a SoCal native- Does O'Neil Park still exist in the Laguna hills? I used to camp in my car there (40 years ago) when spending weekends at Laguna, Doheny, & Crystal Cove beaches. I'll bet that the park is now a shopping center or condos now.

Old 08-16-2007, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
I saw a nice clean blue Fit today on Valley Ave. near the Fairgrounds in Pleasanton around 12pm. I was the one driving slow in the dirty silver evo in front of you. I'm just trying to conserve gas while my fit is out of commission. I might make 24mpg this tank! haha
See ya around!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Retired Moderator
I always see a Blue Sport in the Albertsons/Carls jr/Jamba juice parkin lot, right down Crow Canyon..I saw a silver one on Crow Canyon earlier today aswell..I only have my permit at the moment, so my mom likes to drive my Fit sometimes lol. If you ever see a blonde Lady driving a black Sport thats mine lol, but not for long because i get my license soon!!

Old 08-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Ahhh, I was looking for a Bay Area sightings. I used to do this all the time on S2Ki, so much that it almost became a chore. Fit sightings are much more fun, well, granted, partially because I've got one, that and there are fewer Fits around than S2000s. My daily commute doesn't lend itself much to sightings, since I live and work in Hercules, but let's get this goin!

Old 08-21-2007, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Seen my first Tidewater Blue Metallic yesterday. It was a base Fit spotted at around 4:45pm heading south on dougherty rd. in dublin. Looked like an asian guy driving.

Nice Fit! That color looks better that I thought it would.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:59 AM
TBM looks almost like the SSM with a hint of blue, it's really deceiving if you're not paying attention, nice catch.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Retired Moderator
Saw a SSM Sport coming down Crow canyon, heading toward the 680 entrance. Looked pretty sweet, i think it was lowered.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
I see a blue sport that works near me in Livermore just off Vasco. There's actually quite a few Fits in Livermore.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
NH Black Sport today in Hercules, new (no plates), approx 4:30 PM.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Saw a VBP Sport near that new Safeway shopping center off of Bollinger Canyon. BTW the new shopping center is going to be AWESOME(for the people near it), its opening tomorrow!

Old 08-24-2007, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Saw a VBP Sport near that new Safeway shopping center off of Bollinger Canyon. BTW the new shopping center is going to be AWESOME(for the people near it), its opening tomorrow!

No Kidding!! I hated having to drive all the way down dougherty and dublin to get some groceries....

Old 08-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah im totally excited that its open now! Thats going to be where i fill up to, i like that Safeway gas station right there. We will probaly run into each other sometime!

Old 09-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Retired Moderator
Saw a MR Fit sport coming up crow canyon. At first i thought it could be Bernardio but it had stock exhaust..

Old 09-06-2007, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
I think I just spotted Ciburri on my way to lunch on Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton around 11:20ish. If I pulled out of my work parking lot a few seconds earlier I'm sure he would have seen me too! Glad to know two MR fits are back on the bay area road again!!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah glad to hear your Fits are back on the road!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bernardio
I think I just spotted Ciburri on my way to lunch on Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton around 11:20ish. If I pulled out of my work parking lot a few seconds earlier I'm sure he would have seen me too! Glad to know two MR fits are back on the bay area road again!!
That was me all right! Darn, I was in a hurry to meet my wife for lunch. Bernardio, sounds like your Fit is back in action! Cool! Everything worked out all right I hope.
I see so many Fit's these days I stoped counting. We just wave and smile to each other. Very cool! Strenght is in the numbers!

Old 09-07-2007, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
lol! I was like "Damn he is a fast driver!"! I actually tried to catch up to give you a wave, but stop signs and street lights got the best of me.

I'm happy to be back on the road with the Fit again and for the most part I am happy with the repairs. Only bad things are that the fender doesn't quite line up the same to the hood and the color match is very slightly off. I could probably tweek the fender to fit better, but I'm SOL with the paint. Oh well..

Old 09-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Retired Moderator
Saw a SSM base Fit in the San Ramon Target parking lot..

Quick Reply: Bay Area Fit Sightings