front license plate

Old 11-14-2007, 01:05 PM
front license plate

Hey everyone, like many of use who don’t like to have their front license plate because it makes the front end of our cars and most look ugly, well I went and looked up on it and came across this page where you can sign a petition to drop that stupid law to have your front license plate.

I personally feel that it isn’t necessary to have it on. It isn’t like the police will stop you from the front, NO; he will come from the back and tail you until you pull over. Some can argue that the front license plate is there so that cameras can take pictures when you stop at a red. I also feel that is bogus because you aren’t doing anything wrong at the red light unless you are speeding. If you are speeding then cameras should take it from the back as you are passing it up.

Anyways I hope that many of you feel the same as me and if you do here is the link where you can sign the petition against front license plate.

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
If any of you agree please feel free to post this link to petition agianst the front plate on any other forum.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:20 PM
front license plate

Hey everyone, like many of use who don’t like to have their front license plate because it makes the front end of our cars and most look ugly, well I went and looked up on it and came across this page where you can sign a petition to drop that stupid law to have your front license plate.

I personally feel that it isn’t necessary to have it on. It isn’t like the police will stop you from the front, NO; he will come from the back and tail you until you pull over. Some can argue that the front license plate is there so that cameras can take pictures when you stop at a red. I also feel that is bogus because you aren’t doing anything wrong at the red light unless you are speeding. If you are speeding then cameras should take it from the back as you are passing it up.

Anyways I hope that many of you feel the same as me and if you do here is the link where you can sign the petition against front license plate.

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
even if there is 1 million signitures it will not help. Ive never heard of any of these online petitions ever working to change a LAW. Actually Ive never heard of one working period.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
There is a big percentage that it will not work but I am hopeing that it will. I signed it in hopes that it will make a difference.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned
Thanks BC-
Nice find. I signed.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:01 PM
i really don't like having the lisence plate on the front bumper too, but the law is the law. if it can be changed then good. but cops will always find a way to pull you over for the ticket.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Retired Moderator
Thanks man, nice Find! I signed it!
I wish this forum had a all of Cali section so all the cali people could meet in one place, but we could always just post it in the So-Cal area!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by 1coolride
i really don't like having the lisence plate on the front bumper too, but the law is the law. if it can be changed then good. but cops will always find a way to pull you over for the ticket.
True but if this passes then it would be one less thing to worry about and it will allow cops to actually stop someone for someone serious and not the front plates.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:31 PM
oh i already posted it whever i could. I was looking for the actual law and came across this. so i hope many more member from CA comes and sign it.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
dang you posted this in 4 different places haha. i'll do the same. that'd be cool if this petition worked but i wouldn't be surprised if it does nothing. there have always been petitions for this thing. it's easier for police to see a car's license plate if it's on both the front and back, and it's not that hard to leave the front license plate on. if it makes california safer (which is probably one of the potential reasons they keep this as law), then i don't mind doing it.

Last edited by doctordoom; 11-14-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
dang you posted this in 4 different places haha. i'll do the same. that'd be cool if this petition worked but i wouldn't be surprised if it does nothing. there have always been petitions for this thing. it's easier for police to see a car's license plate if it's on both the front and back, and it's not that hard to leave the front license plate on. if it makes california safer (which is probably one of the potential reasons they keep this as law), then i don't mind doing it.

Last edited by doctordoom; 11-14-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:48 PM
now you know how bad i dont want to have that plate on the front.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:41 AM
I always heard the biggest reason for front plates is for the red light cameras. I got 4 no front plate tickets in my civic...they are just a $10 fix it ticket but they do add up.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I learned a bit about this law while I was at UTI. In California at least, there HAS to be a front license plate, but that plate does not have to be "licensed". It's sort of a loop-hole. That's why you only get one set of tags (for the back) and also why you see so many vanity plates on the front of cars. So yes, you do need a front plate and no, it doesn't have to be a state issued one.

None of this will help you though if you get pulled over by an officer with a mission! He can and most likely will write you a ticket.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
they can take the picture of my ass where they can find the back plates as i zoom past the red light in my lightening speed FIT.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
they can take the picture of my ass where they can find the back plates as i zoom past the red light in my lightening speed FIT.
LMFAOOO!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
fuel for thought

I belive that the front license plate wastes fuel areodynamicly.
we could all solve global warming by removing our front plates.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:04 AM
nascartrash were you at the meet on the 10th that just past?

Old 11-20-2007, 01:06 AM
5 Year Member
fit meet

I was at the mt diablo meet and I had to leave early.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: front license plate