AutoX school 2/23/08 & Solo2 Round 2- 2/24/08 Oakland Coliseum

Old 02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation AutoX school 2/23/08 & Solo2 Round 2- 2/24/08 Oakland Coliseum

Guys, I saw this in actual SCCA Solo2 schedule I posted on the previous thread for the last weekends autoX event in Oakland:

http://www.norcalufo.org/AXschool08.pdf

It is an excellent opportunity for everybody interested to get their feet wet in Solo2 (AutoX) with plenty of guidance from the people that are very good at it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
Do not worry about your car set up, tires, sways, springs,..... It is irrelevant for the occasion. You will need to concentrate on learning proper lines through the course and how to attack the cones. You will be encouraged actually to go slower and follow the perfect driving line. You will be explained the perfect line and reasons behind it. For the most part perfect line is the same for all cars, but heavier more powerful rear wheel cars will sacrifice entrance to the corner for higher exit speed. On the other hand our cars can enter the corner faster, brake latter, carry more speed through the corner and get back on the throttle sooner since front wheels are driving wheels!
Lord knows after more than 12 years away from it, I need a refresher course just as much as some of you going at it for the first time! LOL!
I will go, if I start working by then and my wife does not kick me out!
She actually wonts to go and drive, but that will happen over my dead body! She will be almost 20 weeks pregnant!
Maybe I will sell my kidney by then!?

It might be far for most, but make it a fun event out of it. Continue to Monterey for a dinner or something after the event.

Very next day on Sunday there is a Round 2 of the Solo2 calendar at Oakland Coliseum! Same place we went to last Sunday! You will be much better prepared for it after AutoX school!

BTW, NASA will be this coming weekend at Sears Point (Infineon Raceway) in Sonoma. NASA is an alternative to SCCA sanctioned events. Basically few guys got fed up with SCCA bureaucracy and set up their own organization. Less politics, less money, more common sense and ton more of fun.
I might go and take pics on and off the track. I am interested in how are those cars set up and safety equipment.
I might enter the series with my CRX one of these days - finances permitting ("as per wife's permission!").

Fee for the entire weekend (Saturday & Sunday) is $10 at the gate!

Here is the link to official series web site:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_e.../?event_id=665

Detail weekend schedule is here:
http://www.nasanorcal.com/schedules2...0-2008v1.0.pdf

Here is the link to NorCal NASA site:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/norcal/

There will be a ton Honda's since HONDA CHALLENGE will run this weekend too!

With these guys anything goes!

Ivan

Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Im totally game for that class thing. Nice find Ivan.
Should we register now or what? Ivan are you going to be doing this?

Tyler

Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Im totally game for that class thing. Nice find Ivan.
Should we register now or what? Ivan are you going to be doing this?

Tyler

Well I do not know if they have restriction to the number of participants.
If you are sure you can and will go, register as soon as possible!
This kind of opportunity does not come up frequently.

I will go if my financial situation changes (start working soon!).

Ivan

Old 02-05-2008, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like to go, but there's also a house auction that day that I was seriously considering going to. In other news that's the day before my BDay. I ordered some Mugen visors for my Fit and I installed a Matrix antenna yesterday.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
I am so lost on all the stuff on their sites, I'm just having a bad time with these race websites, can someone lead me into the right direction?

I think I can make it for saturday, it's sort of far, and I've never been up there, but that can change with the fact I just got GPS navigation (Magellan Maestro 3100).

Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
I am so lost on all the stuff on their sites, I'm just having a bad time with these race websites, can someone lead me into the right direction?
So you are too confused:

2008 SFR SCCA Solo Calendar

This is the San Francisco Region of the SCCA schedule of Solo (autox) event for the next three months.

Questions on autox?
Bay Area Autocross Forum: Welcome to the forum

This is tha BA AutoX forum for the folks here in the Bay Area who do SCCA autox and other auto sports activities in the Nor Cal area.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
Retired Moderator
WOW!!! i just read it again and it said you only have to have your permit so i just printed it out and am sending it in tomorrow! Im pumped!

Tyler

Old 02-06-2008, 01:13 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
for my birthday, i got lessons at jim russell racing school at infineon raceway.........whos comin with me!?!?!

Old 02-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Bap
5 Year Member
that sounds like a lot of fun but I am going to have to wait untill my finacial situation is a little better.
One of these times I am deffinatly going.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CuTeBoi
I think I can make it for saturday, it's sort of far, and I've never been up there, but that can change with the fact I just got GPS navigation (Magellan Maestro 3100).
Nice. That's the one I have. Make sure to update it as there was an update recently which made some nice changes to the GPS.

As far as AutoX i'm waiting on my suspension parts and probably would rather go to the NASA ones instead of the high prices SCCA. Who knows...

Old 02-06-2008, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mrFroge
So you are too confused:

2008 SFR SCCA Solo Calendar

This is the San Francisco Region of the SCCA schedule of Solo (autox) event for the next three months.

Questions on autox?
Bay Area Autocross Forum: Welcome to the forum

This is tha BA AutoX forum for the folks here in the Bay Area who do SCCA autox and other auto sports activities in the Nor Cal area.

mrFroge,
thank you for that forum link! I joined instantly!
I introduced myself as well as asked few questions regarding classifications based on what most of us have installed on our Fits.
I browsed pics section, too! Very cool!

Guys, if you are planing on AutoX on a regular basis, join the forum, make some more friends and lot of your questions will be answered!

Ivan

Old 02-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Retired Moderator
I decided i wont be able to drive this event. Im saving my money for something big so spending the 50 kinda hurts. But when i do start AutoX(probaly summer)ill just ask Ivan for tips and maybe have him ride with me a couple of times! That will teach me.
But if any FitFreaks plan on being out there, ill go and hang out forsure.

Tyler

Old 02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I forgot the date..... T_T

I just realized today at around 8PM while working on my bro's 91 civic that it was race day... I even mentioned, "Hey next week on the 23rd you're coming to the oakland race thing again, ok?" and he was like "ok"....

then later on i realized it was already that next week... and that our working with carb cleaner must have made us high.... (we were working partially outdoors)...