Vasona park meet situation.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Vasona park meet situation.

Dave has made me aware that he has still not been payed the 20$ promised by 6 people. He made a thread over at Norcalfit about how unpleased he is and how he's not going to participate in orginizing our meets anymore. I wanted to make this aware to ALL our NorCal members just incase you dont visit NCF frequently. If havent payed please get in contact with him and do so. He is one of our most helpful dedicated members nad has done ALOT to get this group where it is and its just plan not right to make him pay for 6 people.

We have learned a very valuable lesson from this.
NO MORE MONEY INVOLVED, NO MORE PEOPLE BRINGING FOOD, AND NO MORE LISTS. Our meets will be simple get togethers to hang out. If you want food, bring it yourself and only for yourself. We will not rent anything and we will not make them big productions anymore. Its really dissapointing we have to do this but with untrust worthy members, im unwilling to take this risk again. If you guys want a big production again, count me out.

Tyler

Old 02-07-2008, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
That is sad. I almost forgot at the meet, in fact left and ogled the exotic car lot down the street, but I remembered before I headed home and paid my $20.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Retired Moderator
This has no doubt taken the wind out of my sails as far as planning meets goes..And yes it is sad.

We will be doing monthly meets at the In n Out burger in Fremont every secong saturday of the month starting this sat. Just bring you car and hang out. Thats what we will do from now on..No more money bullshit..

Tyler

Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by TOOL
Dave has made me aware that he has still not been payed the 20$ promised by 6 people. He made a thread over at Norcalfit about how unpleased he is and how he's not going to participate in orginizing our meets anymore. I wanted to make this aware to ALL our NorCal members just incase you dont visit NCF frequently. If havent payed please get in contact with him and do so. He is one of our most helpful dedicated members nad has done ALOT to get this group where it is and its just plan not right to make him pay for 6 people.

We have learned a very valuable lesson from this.
NO MORE MONEY INVOLVED, NO MORE PEOPLE BRINGING FOOD, AND NO MORE LISTS. Our meets will be simple get togethers to hang out. If you want food, bring it yourself and only for yourself. We will not rent anything and we will not make them big productions anymore. Its really dissapointing we have to do this but with untrust worthy members, im unwilling to take this risk again. If you guys want a big production again, count me out.

Tyler
Thanks Tyler, but you misunderstood the details-

11 people promised to contribute.
6 people actually did. Jeff tried to pay twice the promised amount, but I refused the extra payment. "solbrothers" tried to send money, but I refused that because he couldn't show up. I paid his share because I appreciated his honesty.

One of the people who did not pay was overheard to say "Gee, I wonder who I should pay the $20.00 to?", and then left without a contribution.

So, 8 people are accounted for which includes myself and solbrothers.

There is no need to eliminate big picnic meals at our events- a better way to handle park fees is required.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by manxman
Thanks Tyler, but you misunderstood the details-

11 people promised to contribute.
6 people actually did. Jeff tried to pay twice the promised amount, but I refused the extra payment. "solbrothers" tried to send money, but I refused that because he couldn't show up. I paid his share because I appreciated his honesty.

One of the people who did not pay was overheard to say "Gee, I wonder who I should pay the $20.00 to?", and then left without a contribution.

So, 8 people are accounted for which includes myself and solbrothers.

There is no need to eliminate big picnic meals at our events- a better way to handle park fees is required.
Sorry i misunderstood.
But i think that our meets should be bring stuff for yourself, thats it!
But of course thats my opinion yours may vary..

Tyler

Old 02-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned
I have heard from two people on this matter, and they just forgot their promise with all of the activity. Plans are underway to fix the problem. Thanks to these people for their contacts.

Last edited by manxman; 02-08-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Where do I send it... I went with the money on the AutoX thing, and I thought you would show up, I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I thought you were going to be there. (took 80$ cash, for the entrance fee, and the amount promised).

If you have paypal, I can send it, if you want another method, please let me know, if not, I'm sure William or Ivan will call me and tell me to check my email.

Currently I'm sick along with the baby, so we are suffering at home just laying on the floor, enjoying the dust bunnies eating us alive!!!

either way, it's not a big deal for me to pay, I just need to know how.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned
Thanks Anthony. PM sent 2/13.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Banned
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the park fee for the roof over out heads and the giant BBQ pit for the 1/26 Rainstorm Meet. Today I picked up the last two of the promised payments at the Post Office, so now this issue is closed.

P.s.
CuTeBoi sent a check for twice the amount due, so I will send him a refund.

Eleven people paid, when only ten contributors were needed. So I owe 11 people $1.28 each. If you all want it, I'll bring a $20.00 cake for dessert to the next outdoor meet.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
nice! congratulations on resolving the issue.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
I'm glad all turned out well in the end.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Awesome. Glad to hear that Dave.

Topic closed.

Tyler