Big Spring Bay area meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Big Spring Bay area meet

Ok so its time to really get started in the planning of our next BIG meet. Ive decided it would be best to plan it over here, due to how much more traffic we get over here compared to NCF.
Pretty much we are open to ideas right now. I think we should do a fair amount of driving with this next one, i reckon we will have nice spring weather so we will have dry safe roads to operate.
I think a BBQ/Go kart meet is a super idea for our next BIG meet. Im going to guess we will have a 13-16 car show, thats not too many so it will work. We could all meet up in the south bay, have a BBQ lunch, then head up north to Burlingame, to "Go kart Racer"(i think its called)and the go karts! I think we will have to rent the track out, which will cost money..Im not sure if we want to get into that again..But its an idea.
Another idea would be a Mt Diablo #2 meet. The last one was great, this next one could be even better.

Well, lets get active guys, so we can get the ball rolling for our next BIG meet!

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
what about the la honda run your dad and i were talking about??

also with the go karts, i was just planning on calling them in advance and tell them we have a large party that is coming in to race, then people can decide if they want to go or not after the bbq. that way, no one involved with the meet is handling money, you just pay your money straight to gokart racer.

Last edited by kelsodeez; 03-20-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
what about the la honda run your dad and i were talking about??

Can you explain what exactly that is?

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
Can you explain what exactly that is?

Tyler
crap, i dont know the name of the road but motorcycle riders call it four corners. its right off 92. your dad and i were talking about a meet/drive/eat at alice's (the cafe at four corners). ask your dad about it when you get home.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
id be down for the diablo meet, as gokart racer is a bit pricey for me

Old 03-20-2008, 02:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
crap, i dont know the name of the road but motorcycle riders call it four corners. its right off 92. your dad and i were talking about a meet/drive/eat at alice's (the cafe at four corners). ask your dad about it when you get home.
Ok, ill talk to him later about that. Yeah that sounds like a good idea.

Special-We will take your point into consideration. If we do end up going the BBQ/Kart direction, im sure it would be possible for you to hang out during the BBQ part of the meet.

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Retired Moderator
So at this point heres are options-

1-MT Diablo #2
2-BBQ/GoKart racer
3-Drive a sweet Road, then eat at Alices resturant(Sorry we dont know the name of the road yet)

Looks like some nice options!

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't mind doing a drive or something.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
So at this point heres are options-

1-MT Diablo #2
2-BBQ/GoKart racer
3-Drive a sweet Road, then eat at Alices resturant(Sorry we dont know the name of the road yet)

Looks like some nice options!

Tyler
Highway 35 (aka Skyline) and Highway 84. I use to go up there all the time with my integra.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Yes! Thank you sir.
That sounds like a great idea. To do that killer drive then hang at Alices and eat good food, and maybe snap a few pics.

Tyler

Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Bump!! Lets get some activity.

Tyler

Old 03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Retired Moderator
Ok since nobody is really posting in here, im going to say what i think would be the most fun!
I say we do a BBQ then drive to Go-Kart racer! WE need to start the planning soon. But first we have to know what we are going to plan haha. If you object the BBQ/Go-Kart idea, please tell us. If we doont here anything form anyone then me and Kelso will start the orginizing.

Tyler

Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
BBQ and Go-Kart sounds like fun but funds and the drive out there might be a problem for me...especially with our current gas prices...

Old 03-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Ok since that brings up the money issue.
We should do the "Drive" meet we mentioned.
Go do HWY 84 and "Skyline" in the Santa Cruz montains. My dad rides a motorcycle and knows them all up there. He said it would be some killer driving up there, lots of fun stuff! Then after we could eat and pics at "Alices" resturant. Hows that sound?
And maybe early May?

Tyler

Old 03-26-2008, 12:31 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
that sounds good to me. i love that road. esp at 3am when i have it all to myself. its been almost two years since ive gone up there in the daytime.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
cruise sounds good to me, itll be my first time up there after my crash x.x

Old 03-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Retired Moderator
Cool so tonight ill map a good route, it will include a meeting place and a loop and around those great roads and will take us to Alices so we could eat some food after a good day of driving!
I was thinking maybe we could meet over near Vasona park in the morining and then take off from there once the whole crew arrives. For some reason i cant think of the town Vasona park is in, it will come to me. Anyway its like right before you hit the mountains.

Tyler

Old 03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
5 Year Member
Cool so tonight ill map a good route, it will include a meeting place and a loop and around those great roads and will take us to Alices so we could eat some food after a good day of driving!
I was thinking maybe we could meet over near Vasona park in the morining and then take off from there once the whole crew arrives. For some reason i cant think of the town Vasona park is in, it will come to me. Anyway its like right before you hit the mountains.

Tyler
I believe it's Los Gatos

Old 03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
alice's is in la honda. i say we start up on 92 (san mateo) and come out near canada road.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Yes thanks Jimmy it is Los Gatos.
Kelso, yeah that sounds good. Sorry i didnt get around to maping it just yet, but tomorrow forsure.
p.s-I got my license today! Ohh the freedom, me and my Fit were out bonding on the roads all day haha!

Tyler

Quick Reply: Big Spring Bay area meet