BRP Can-Am Spyder driving event this weekend in Livermore!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Exclamation BRP Can-Am Spyder driving event this weekend in Livermore!

Guys,
there is a free driving event of BRP Can-Am Spyder this weekend in Livermore! It will last three days starting this Friday!

Register and invite friends here:
BRP Can-Am | Spyder Ryder

I just managed to register for Saturday at 10am! Sounds like there is plenty of space as long as you are 21 and over (sorry Tyler and everybody under 21!) and poses valid California driver license (no motorcycle driver license required!). From vehicle web site specs, they have a manual and semi-automatic just like the Fit!

See you there!

Ivan

Old 09-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Ahhhhh!
Fricken rules...My dad probaly wants to do this though.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:08 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
man id LOVE to go do this. those bikes (trikes?) look like a blast to ride but i have already made plans for this weekend to go to LA for my friends birthday.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I just signed up on the Wednesday's 3pm slot

Old 09-08-2008, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member

Well, it was a lot of fun!
They are pavement jet-skis!
Ton of torque (punt intended - FIT!) with a top speed of 120mph and 0-60 in 4.5sec.
We allowed riders to drift ahead just so we could open them up full tilt before catching up and reaching 80mph before hitting brakes hard.
Brakes are actuated by a right foot brake gripping all 3 wheels through an ABS set up. You can peal out from a standing start, but VSA will kick in and prevent spins in mid corners.
Purists like Kelso will kill me, but I picked a semi-automatic for a ride! It has been 20 years since I shifted gears on bikes in Europe! It was not a time for experimentation and refresher course - I wonted to enjoy the ride! It was as easy as shifting a pedal shifter on a Fit Sport A/T.
At the end they asked me if I am interested to buy it. I told them that I have hard time justifying a weekend toy that costs as much as a car that seats 5 and has a better mileage! Used for half the price - YES! For $16K I would rather refresh my shifting action and buy a Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, .....
One worthy note: this thing is officially a bike and registers and insures as such, but in California as a 3 wheeler requires ONLY car drivers license to drive! Look for it as a new toy renting from places that rent bikes. It will be an opportunity for them to expend on their client list to everybody with a car license. 25 and over no doubt!
More pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/IvanSaban/CanAmSpyder#

Old 09-08-2008, 03:34 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
awww man an automatic!!! hahaha its cool. before i read "pavement jetskis" i was thinking "seadoo of the streets" they look like fun but i agree, for the money you could get yourself a really nice used motorcycle. you can buy a used 2001 ducati 748 (which is already on its way to being a classic) for 5k!!!

now if the can-am could go from the pavement into the water, consider me sold!!! how awesome would that be while everyone is sitting in traffic on the bridge, you just whizz by on the water. hahaha

Last edited by kelsodeez; 09-08-2008 at 03:36 AM.