Going to be Fitless guys!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Going to be Fitless guys!

I know I have been MIA for a while guys. Lot is going on right now.
I tried to hang on to my Fit, but I can't do it any longer. I do have a master plan that requires some sacrifice and Fit is unfortunately one of pivotal elements.

It is posted for sale here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...-bay-area.html

Hopefully somebody from here who can truly appreciate it will snatch it and care for it as much as I have as well as bring it to any Bay Area gatherings for me to see from time to time.

I am falling back to my trustworthy and bellowed CRX. I slowly made it "drivable". Check my pics link in my signature for the progress. Not exactly a daily driver friendly, but once things turn for the better I will get a Fit again, red of course! You just can't beat it's practicality and a fun factor only people owning one can understand!

In the mean time if you see a white CRX at high rate of speed in the canyons just maintain your speed and direction without doing anything stupid, I will just blow right by. You see, as noisy as it is there is no sense putting a stereo in it and 9K rpms are only amusing for so long on each drive. I am also trying to minimize driving exposure to tickets! LOL!

Ivan

Old 06-30-2009, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
See you when you get your new MR Fit!
Take care,
-macbuddy-

Old 07-01-2009, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member
sad to see it go but goodluck with the sale and everything else

Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
Good Luck with the sell Ivan.

EDIT: I spreading the word about this to my buddies...there should be people that is able to buy it.

Last edited by Slimjimx701x; 07-02-2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
We miss you, Ivan. I want a ride in the CRX.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:59 AM
Sorry to see you part with your Fit.
Best of luck to you!! Have fun with your crx in the meantime.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
aww man, that sucks but at least your crx will be insane! see you around man. take care.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:05 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you all guys for your kind words!

Setback is only temporary (and as short as possible, I hope!), but it is not all bad news. I am rekindling my love for my CRX and last Saturday it saw it's first AutoX action in over a decade.
It stalled during a first run with fuel pick up problems but coasted through the back stretch and finish line(70.+ sec) . Second run was decent at 65.+sec. Last two back to back I got so excited to be back that I blew right past second loop getting myself DNF's! Tyler was riding shotgun during all competing runs!
I got it all together during 4 fun runs afterward. Jeff was riding shotgun on first two and I bettered best run with Tyler. Than last two I went solo and got it down to 62.668 sec on bald street tires! Car was drifting entire runs, but I never touched a cone all day! It was set with a touch of overstear. I should have dropped 2 more psi from rear tires and let rear step out more, but with tires as is I doubt I could drop times by more than 0.2 sec.
I am getting my edge back and plan on relieving my current frustration at autoX events even with shot tires! Wife approved!

Come join the fun next time! Plenty of fellow Fit drivers are competing!

Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
what about a track day? end of august there is a track day at thunder hill. ill be out there. you should come too!!!

Northern California Racing Club - Scheduled Events

Old 07-25-2009, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
what about a track day? end of august there is a track day at thunder hill. ill be out there. you should come too!!!

Northern California Racing Club - Scheduled Events
I wish Kelso! Unfortunately it will take some money and work to get it track worthy. I can get away at AutoX with bold tires, warped rotors and intermittent electrical problems,.....
I think I isolated stalling problem down to main relay which I replaced and are testing as we speak.
Even on bald tires which I had to drop to 27psi F and 23psi R (new best wear and grip was at 36psi F and 32psi R!) for most grip I shredded certain local canyon to a point where Hawk HPS+ completely faded and smoldered once I stopped(I have them on video!)! I need competition pads and direct ducting to calipers instead of just opened air dam! I also need 5 point harness since I found myself sliding forward in the racing buckets! Thanks god for the REAL dead pedal! I use my brakes only when I absolutely must and I stab them at the last possible moment outbreaking others. I usually left foot brake in order to keep throttle on the boil, but with fading brakes I did not do that this time. I got myself slightly nausious! LOL! With RIGHT tires motion sickness pills will be required! I would also be able to drive deeper into corners and carry a lot more speed through them instead of braking early and lifting off the throttle to keep traction. Any acceleration breaks front wheels loose even in third gear. Upshifts are torque steer feast at the moment. I point wheels off the road to the inside of the corner and slide all the way to the outside of the road. Ridiculous!
Roll cage would be nice too. This is a beer can without it!

I can't do much to it for as long as it is my primary and only daily driver. I am stuck AutoX-ing for time being. I do not wont to go to the track and hold back worrying if I will have a car to drive on Monday!

One day in near future all this will be taken care off and this micromonster machine will hit Thunderhill, Infineon, Laguna,......

Last edited by ciburri; 07-25-2009 at 08:54 PM.