Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   California - Southern Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/california-southern-community/)
-   -   Weekly OC Meets? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/california-southern-community/17397-weekly-oc-meets.html)

electrickoolguy 11-05-2007 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by azncarbos (Post 191644)
Yea we just hang out and chill, go out for food, sometime we do runs and talk about shit. u welcome to come out if u have nothing to at nite. :)

doom: you should come to.

nice. maybe not this week tho. insurance and car payments are causing me to lose weight with the lack of funds. do y'all meet on campus, or by the theater or by cha for tea or somethin?

azncarbos 11-05-2007 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by electrickoolguy (Post 191650)
nice. maybe not this week tho. insurance and car payments are causing me to lose weight with the lack of funds. do y'all meet on campus, or by the theater or by cha for tea or somethin?

we meet over at by cha for tea but more toward to where in and out and taco bell. hey still come out and just hang out, plus there going to be a big micro meet this sunday over at autobacs

electrickoolguy 11-05-2007 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by azncarbos (Post 191651)
we meet over at by cha for tea but more toward to where in and out and taco bell. hey still come out and just hang out, plus there going to be a big micro meet this sunday over at autobacs

nice...i'll try n make it out thursdays and this sunday. is autobacs big? i just googled it and saw that it's on beach. i got my car washed on beach and chapman two days ago and didn't see anything like that. altho i did see alpha tint, which i think is a place someone on here recommended as a good place to get windows done. sorry, i'm a so-cal transplant from the bay.:o

azncarbos 11-05-2007 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by electrickoolguy (Post 191654)
nice...i'll try n make it out thursdays and this sunday. is autobacs big? i just googled it and saw that it's on beach. i got my car washed on beach and chapman two days ago and didn't see anything like that. altho i did see alpha tint, which i think is a place someone on here recommended as a good place to get windows done. sorry, i'm a so-cal transplant from the bay.:o

Cool. yea it big you cant miss it right after garden grove blvd and it on the left. And for tint i was the person recommended Alpha Tint, I sent him 4 fit to do tint. the dude dose a great jobs. and has a deal for just us Fit. :D

billykim 11-06-2007 03:05 AM

so its thursdays at 630? dont hate me peter...but i have class at 7, could meet up afterwards though! :o

umiekun 11-06-2007 03:58 AM

Okay i have been reading all the posts on this thread and it has been going back and forth with schedule conflicts, so i thought something that might organize this shit up. Why don't all the OC fits tell us your tentative weekly schedule and peter/I will work up a set date for a weekly meet if possible.

p.s. try to give certain days/times and not maybes

my schedule:
Thursday----Free after 12
Friday-------Free after 12
Saturday----Free after 12
Sunday-----Free after 12

azncarbos 11-06-2007 12:47 PM

The posting has been about recommendation about tint, the upcoming micro meet, introducing each other, were we live and all.:p LoL but here my time im good.

kim just call we probably somewhere eating. :D

Monday after 5pm
Tuesdays after 5pm
Wednesday after 5pm
Thursday after 5pm
Friday after 3pm
Saturday ???
Sunday ???

doctordoom 11-06-2007 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by electrickoolguy (Post 191648)
sweet. you probably live in some huge house or something tho. i live in the northwood place apartments off roosevelt, near the albertsons.

no i live in a little townhouse with 4 of my friends, but close! hahah. i dunno where those apartments are, i usually only travel on culver toward UCI lol. i don't even know what direction that is, maybe north-ish.

umiekun 11-06-2007 01:44 PM

Actually peter if you checked the past postings, the meets have been inconsistent with schedule conflicts. For example out of town, school/work, and other inevitable events. So if a tentative schedule was posted by other members, it would make the meets more consistent with less "flaking" interruptions.

doctordoom 11-06-2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by azncarbos (Post 191814)
The posting has been about recommendation about tint, the upcoming micro meet, introducing each other, were we live and all.:p LoL but here my time im good.

hahah this thread is just the orange county thread it's pretty tight. man i been wanting to just go to one of these meets anywhere just so i can see who you guys are, i freaking feel like i have imaginary friends or something lol. but i really haven't had one single free weekend so far. for example this weekend, i'm leaving thursday night on a road trip to norcal with my friend. but as soon as i'm able to i'll show up.

yeah sorry i don't know how to multiquote so i just have to post in succession

electrickoolguy 11-06-2007 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by doctordoom (Post 191830)
no i live in a little townhouse with 4 of my friends, but close! hahah. i dunno where those apartments are, i usually only travel on culver toward UCI lol. i don't even know what direction that is, maybe north-ish.

a lot of people have told me that all streets in irvine loop around so that if there's ever a high speed chase, the car will get lost. i dunno, i'm pretty gullible at times. i only brought this up because culver is everywhere. btw, where are u taking your roadtrip to?

Originally Posted by umiekun (Post 191734)
Why don't all the OC fits tell us your tentative weekly schedule and peter/I will work up a set date for a weekly meet if possible.

i work for the phone company, driving around a truck all day, so i pretty much have a set schedule, getting off at four, unless we're asked to do overtime. i'm free after 5 mon-saturday. free on sundays.

umiekun 11-06-2007 08:49 PM

a lot of people have told me that all streets in irvine loop around so that if there's ever a high speed chase, the car will get lost. i dunno, i'm pretty gullible at times. i only brought this up because culver is everywhere.
I don't know if irvine was made with the intention of trapping criminals, but yea irvine is literally a bubble. No matter what turns and streets you take, you are circling the whole town and i tried getting lost in irvine with my galfriends, but we couldn't get lost. We always ended up on a main street... :)

experiment with it...grab a bunch of friends and drive straight down any road and most of the time the roads will loop like jefferey, jamboree, bison, macarthur, etc..

And thank you for your schedule. Peter or i will pm you after we know everyone elses.

billykim 11-06-2007 08:59 PM

thank you umie for coming up with this...probably teh best idea yet... heres my schedule

monday: practically all day
tuesday:after 8
wednesday:....after 10??
thursday:after 8
friday: X
saturday: anytime, but preferred weekdays
sunday: after 9

damn i just realized my schedules pretty out of sync and whack. let me know what you guys think...mondays tuesdays and thursdays work preetty well with me!

lidoshorty02 11-06-2007 09:17 PM

only weekends after 6:30

umiekun 11-06-2007 10:07 PM

Dam billykim your schedule is whack like you said...it's like an offroad track. But so far it looks like thursday is the best time so far for the people that have posted. Hopefully we will get a set date before this week ends so that we can start the socializing :).

Anthony...did you mean to say weekdays(mon-fri)? or do u actually mean weekends(sat/sun)?

lidoshorty02 11-06-2007 11:49 PM

weekends fri sat sun

doctordoom 11-07-2007 01:46 AM

hahah yeah i get annoyed in irvine because all the roads just kind loop into each other and i end up always taking the long way wherever i'm going lol. this weekend me and my friend are driving up to berkeley (not taking the fit though) and i'm gonna visit my girlfriend.

billykim 11-07-2007 03:16 AM

thursdays sound pretty good to me

umiekun 11-08-2007 03:02 PM

So not everyone has responded but i'll just update the potential participants in the OC weekly meets.

For sure the meets will be on thursdays or fridays most of the time, but to accommodate some of the drivers like sheila, i think peter mentioned something about how you can only come during the daytime. We will have some afternoon ones too during the weekdays if a good number of people are up for it. I'm not good at organizing events cuz i get lazy so just pm peter (azncarbos) and he will be the big cheese.

Thursday 6:30
Sleeping Deprived "80%"
Umiekun
Azncarbos
Billykim
Wingman
Electricool
________

Friday 6:30
Sleeping Deprived
Umiekun
Azncarbos (unless busy)
lidoshorty
Wingman (unless busy)
Electricool
________

*try not to be a flaker, if you can't go then just be honest so we don't have to wait up

billykim 11-08-2007 05:47 PM

so tonights on? 630? i got class at 7, but i always get off early so i coudl be there at 8ish?? perhaps even before. peter text me with the 411