stupid cops!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 AM
stupid cops!!!!!!

okay, the stupidest reason ever for being pulled over was... THE FIT FREAK STICKER?! So i got out of work passed the cop and next thing you know the light went off. Cop gets out of the car and ask for license and registrations then said, sir what does the sticker in the back window mean? are you gang affiliated. In my head im like wtf?!??!? And the worse part was, he gave me a ticket for not updating my address on my driver license. DU MA WESTMINSTER PIGS

Old 04-19-2009, 05:02 AM
oh man thats so stupid i would be just as pissed at him...

Old 04-19-2009, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
......ticket for not updating your address on your drivers license?! i never heard that one before...lol

lol good thing i was a FitFreak.net sticker...cause if it was the SoCal_MisFits sticker...you might of been questioned even more...lol

how much was the ticket if you dont mind me asking...

Old 04-19-2009, 05:30 AM
5 Year Member
That sucks. I better get my license address updated then b/c I didn't even know they could ticket you for that. I'm sure he pulled you over b/c your mods caught his attention.

It's times like these I'm happy that I'm keeping my car stock for the most part. The less attention you draw to yourself the better.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 AM
i think the ".net" thing would kick him in the head about it being a web site unless the guy is really that dumb

Old 04-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willitfit
......ticket for not updating your address on your drivers license?! i never heard that one before...lol
you have to change the address on your license with in either 30 or 90 days of moving locations.....been that way for years

and yes, being pulled over for the ff.net sticker is ridiculous. fight the ticket and when in court, tell the just that a website sticker isn't probable cause to pull someone over. well, it's what i would do. GL!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
^^The sad part Dan is that the sticker is probable cause to pull people over. According to the police stickers (especially on imports) are signs that you have modified your car and may be street racing.

Ridiculous I know but all you have to do is upodate your address, have a office sign the ticket, then go to the court pay the $20 processing fee. Then you are on your way. No points against your record as it is not a moving violation (i think)

Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM
5 Year Member
haha yeah i say fight it. it sounds like the jerk was just bored or something. I had to deal with the stupid cops in my car three times this weekend. Friday I was pulled over for a rolling stop and got a ticket $109 (but no points against my license) then yesterday I was just rocking the refresh mode with my girl watching a movie on the laptop with the car speakers and two more cops came and asked us what we were up to. they had the balls to go and open my door. stupid, what if i had a weapon or something. argh!

Old 04-19-2009, 02:03 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
wow, didn't know that, Trav! I believe you, but that's just stupid IMO.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
That is so lame that he pulled you over for an internet sticker. I worked up in Charleston which is our largest city in my area for three days a few weeks ago. For three days in a row I ended up having state troopers following me. I was doing the speed limit which was 60 but the car does attract attention especially all the stickers, Japanese symbols and I am just waiting for someone to pull me over for the Japanese Good Luck Cat hanging off my tow bar! Ok having a Fit 2 Go vanity plate may also be a problem

Cat :x

Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Hmm... Westminster cop? Usually, it's the Garden Grove, Stanton, HB cops that gives me looks... I got followed twice this year... They usually loose interest after a block or 2 because they don't have any grounds to pull me over.

I've had a cop yell at me "Slow down" while I was going 35 mph in a 35 mph zone once.... he just wanted to be a smartass or something... I have no clue what goes on inside of the mind of these cops...

Old 04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by willitfit

lol good thing i was a FitFreak.net sticker...cause if it was the SoCal_MisFits sticker...you might of been questioned even more...lol

how much was the ticket if you dont mind me asking...
I've lived in South Carolina & Tennessee, in those states, you have 30 days to update your info on your license after moving...don't know about other states.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
That's horrible! Hopefully you can fight off the ticket, or hope the cop doesn't show up to court!

A cop once stopped my bf for speeding on the freeway, and noticed his nephew's baseball bat in his car. He then went on saying that if he took the bat to the lab and there was blood found on it, he can go to jail for MURDER!!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
He cannot fight the ticket as it is just a fix it ticket. He has # of days to correct the infraction, have the DMV sign the ticket, take the ticket to the court house, pay the $20 fee, and BAM no more ticket.

Dan: yeah its stupid, but hey what are we gonna do

Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
He cannot fight the ticket as it is just a fix it ticket. He has # of days to correct the infraction, have the DMV sign the ticket, take the ticket to the court house, pay the $20 fee, and BAM no more ticket.
LOl whoops didn't realize it was fix-it-ticket!

Old 04-19-2009, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
du ma you. there is no such thing as a stupid ticket. he saw something he was worried about, and it ends up that you were in the wrong about not updating your address

Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
Your sig says it all Matt

I just dont understand why everyone here complains about the cops and them pulling you over. You had to have done something to catch their attention, whether it be stickers, your exhaust (sound or sight), speed, not signalling a turn/lane change...the list goes on. You(we) know that as import tuners we already have a stereotype/prejudice against us. So you have to take extra precautions.

Second why is everyone about bad mouth police?? Has it ever accured to any of you guys/gals that police "lurk" on forums to check for racing, drugs, etc. So bad mouthing them on the forum is not a good idea.
They are doing there job, you get a ticket if you disobey/break the law. That's not the cops fault, it is your own. So Evan (im directing this at you cause you started the thread but there are others here that im speaking about, dont take it personal) it is not the stupid cop it was stupid you.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
your pussy asses will be crying for the police when your car is stolen/your best friend is getting jumped/you are getting car jacked/your parents are murdered, so shut the **** up

Last edited by solbrothers; 04-20-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
lol....you guys are so blunt about everything!! dont have to be anal, just tell him and be off with it, dont need to say stfu. seriously now we are all friends here. (well most of us) shoot hes just mad cause he got a ticket and for a reason he didnt know you can get a ticket for. now he knows, lesson learned, so just chill!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
Nobody told him to STFU????

Quick Reply: stupid cops!!!!!!