Hid help!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Hid help!!!

Ok soo awhile back I had bought some xx hids from Peter. The problem is for the majority of the time I've owned them they haven't worked. After Peter replaced the ballasts they still didn't work. The driver side totally failed me last night so I decided to look at them. Today I took off my bumper to take a look and the only thing I saw was that the bulbs and ballast from the driver side make a loud abnormal buzzing noise. Any suggestions? Any1 wanna help me out? Thanks!!

Old 02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
guarantyyyyy

Old 02-20-2010, 07:19 PM
its supposed to make a buzzing sound

Old 02-20-2010, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
if they are good HID's they don't make a buzzing noise, at least not a loud buzzing noise. i bought mine from Note and i had 1 ballast fail and he replaced it now theres no buzzing at all. only a really really low humming when its warming up after about 2min it stops.

does it like turn on then flicker and turn off? or it doesn't turn on at all? both are caused by a faulty ballast.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by willitfit
if they are good HID's they don't make a buzzing noise, at least not a loud buzzing noise. i bought mine from Note and i had 1 ballast fail and he replaced it now theres no buzzing at all. only a really really low humming when its warming up after about 2min it stops.

does it like turn on then flicker and turn off? or it doesn't turn on at all? both are caused by a faulty ballast.
Does Note sell Xenith Xenons too? I thought they were a decent name until I got mine. The ballasts were replaced already and they still didn't work right. The buzz is definitely not a normal little charge sound. It's really loud. The only way I could get both headlights to work was to flick the high beams on first then turn the knob on the light lever. Ohh also when I pulled the hids out i saw that the shield on one of the light bulbs actually came off. XX HIDS are CRAP!!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 AM
5 Year Member
sad to hear i hear alot of mixed reviews on them. The ones that work well work VERY well and the problematic ones stay that way. Note got 2 H11 sets for my cousin about a year ago for his camry, i installed it for the low beam and fogs and so far he's had zero probs.. Of course a different story is told from many FF members

Old 02-21-2010, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
my xenith xenons have never let me down and ive had them for like a year

Old 02-21-2010, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Note sells the XX ones. i've bought 3 gets from Note, all 3 are working perfectly.

ouch...well not much i can say or do to help.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08_Nick_Fit
Ok soo awhile back I had bought some xx hids from Peter. The problem is for the majority of the time I've owned them they haven't worked. After Peter replaced the ballasts they still didn't work. The driver side totally failed me last night so I decided to look at them. Today I took off my bumper to take a look and the only thing I saw was that the bulbs and ballast from the driver side make a loud abnormal buzzing noise. Any suggestions? Any1 wanna help me out? Thanks!!
if you bought your set from Peter, contact him for a solution. Otherwise I do carry several lines of HID's, projectors, and etc... depending on your budget and purpose

Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
if you bought your set from Peter, contact him for a solution. Otherwise I do carry several lines of HID's, projectors, and etc... depending on your budget and purpose
i've contacted him once when the problem started and he replaced the ballasts but they still dont work. I think I've given up on hids. Plus when
I took the kit out I discovered the passenger shield actually came off while in the actual housing. I'm really not looking to retrofit but how much do you
charge for a pnp kit? Also would it make sense for me
to contact xenith xenons about my prob?