Proper Etiquette at Meets/Shows

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:04 AM
5 Year Member
Proper Etiquette at Meets/Shows

This is a venting thread...

I would like to call out the guy who I think is on this forum or his buddy that came up to my car literally seconds after I had parked and hopped out my car and started rubbing up my fenders at the OC Food Truck meet tonight in Stanton

1) You don't go fucking touching other people's cars. That's fucking rude and a big no-no. You wouldn't want people to start touching your car would you?
2) Do not try to tell someone how to properly do something...If I wanted your advice on what to do I would ask you. I don't need someone to give me advice I'm pretty sure I'm doing things well
3) Introduce yourself...don't be an asshole and try to make smart ass jokes about your screen name

To be honest you're very fortunate that I was in a decent mood otherwise I may have beaten the shit out of you. You don't go up to peoples cars and start touching them like it's your own. I don't care who you are, what you know, etc

People these days...jeez At least have some class and etiquette when you are at meets. is that too much to ask Many of you always ask why I dont go out to meets. Well this is the reason to many people who dont have class and don't know how to act.

Now on the flip side. Jason (dolphin) came up said hi chit chatted and kept it cool. Good chatting with you tonight Jason. I get you the proposal letter samples as soon as possible

Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 AM
someone molested your ride when you got to a meet?

wtf?

blast them with piss

Old 10-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Im touching ur car next meet lol but for reals.. U shoulda told them something. Lucily I wasnt there cause i would have.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
wow, trav you're one of the most polite and well mannered FitFreak members i've met to this date. this person must've been a mega-douché to have a whole thread dedicated to him/her(?)

some people really shouldn't be allowed to leave the house, like this car toucher lol

Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikejet
someone molested your ride when you got to a meet?

wtf?

blast them with piss
That's kinda how it felt haha pissing on them wouldve been funny though

Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Im touching ur car next meet lol but for reals.. U shoulda told them something. Lucily I wasnt there cause i would have.
Do it! Im going to round house your ass. I was with Jill, and was a little dumbfounded/took back by it that's why I didn't say anything

Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
wow, trav you're one of the most polite and well mannered FitFreak members i've met to this date. this person must've been a mega-douché to have a whole thread dedicated to him/her(?)

some people really shouldn't be allowed to leave the house, like this car toucher lol
Thanks Charlie, I'd like to think that im a chill guy, easily approachable, and easy to talk to as well. I mean even at the Chronicles 2 yr anniversary a bunch of peeps would walk over to the car check it out but not touch. I mean the homies all do but there is that level of respect and friendship that I have with them.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
should have slapped him like the pimp you are g.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
dude, everyone that night seemed so wack.. Like where is the passion for cars anymore? Everyone's car looks the same these days, hella flush on a relatively stock car. Props to the old skool nissans and rotaries for keepin it real!

Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 PM
PREACH!!! Also don't lean on peoples cars...!!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member
I want this at the top so everyone can see and read it!

Old 10-28-2010, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member
This is why I don't really go to meets anymore.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:26 AM
SHIT... sorry vinn.. i wont dance on your roof anymore... lol jk

but damn, sry trav.. people dont have any respect....

Old 10-28-2010, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
it also sucks when people lean on your car or sit on your bumpers. those people get one warning, second offense gets a falcon punch to the throat.

mods should sticky this thread

Old 10-28-2010, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Trav
I want this at the top so everyone can see and read it!
attention whore *hugs

Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3_Wagoon
it also sucks when people lean on your car or sit on your bumpers. those people get one warning, second offense gets a falcon punch to the throat.
Quoted for the truth!!! And I second the notion on sticking this thread.

I'm not a Cali resident but as a firm believer of 'respect a person's car, the person will respect you', I would have been flustered to see someone touching another person's car and ticked off if someone was touching mine.

It doesn't matter who the person is or what they drive, no one should touch anyone else's ride unless they have the owner's permission. Even then, they need to try their damnedest not leave any traces of fingerprints, smudge marks, or any other marks of that nature while doing so.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:29 PM
5 Year Member
^ well said. . .

Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
hmm not to thread jack or anything but i was at that meet also. alot of ricers and crap kinda ruin it. i had one guy lean on my car and i asked him to get off and he started getting all crazy with me, then walked off with his friends and laughed.

also my car was quite dirty that day and i didn't go to the meet to show off my car or anything i just wanted to hang out with friends and grab a bite to eat. this dude walks up to my car and starts rubbing my jdm projectors and then tell me its dirty and damaged...i told him to f-off and he walked away while trying to offer me 100 bucks for them. lol fail

edit:i dont drive a fit. just a heads up.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
i agree with you man.. it seemed like people don't even care about the cars anymore. It's all about trying to impress everyone with how cool you are and kickin it with your clique in a circle the whole time. wtf?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
I hate when people lean on my car :/ This thread is the TRUTH! learn how to act at meets.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
those kinds of meets always attract the rice crowds :/

stick to the cool fit meets

Old 10-29-2010, 04:11 AM
I was a couple cars away when you pulled up (i recognized your rims:sick btw) i thought you knew that guy? I'm new to meets, but i knew some thing was fishy about that meet.

Last edited by oOopinkmanoOo; 11-20-2010 at 04:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Proper Etiquette at Meets/Shows