First Crash...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM
First Crash...

I'm sore as hell right now. I'm not driving for a while i guess, smashed into a curb, front and back drivers side axles are wrecked. Much more under the body is probably beat up.. Thank god for those side airbags. if they weren't there, my head would've smashed through the window..

Old 12-31-2010, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
what happened?? :/ and please see a doctor asap!

Old 12-31-2010, 05:56 PM
driving through an intersection, some idiot tried running a red. i swerved and missed him, but i ended up hitting the corner instead.. about 1 foot space between me and a light pole luckily.. asshole drove off, and i'm stuck with a bruised arm, head smacked against the side airbag/window.. and i have a big ass migraine. paramedics picked me up and i'm in the hospital right now :/

Old 12-31-2010, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Omfg!! Thank god for safe fits. Every post I've seen about an accident has not involved any serious injury. Get well soon!! And your fit too!

Old 01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Nerdy_FIT
driving through an intersection, some idiot tried running a red. i swerved and missed him, but i ended up hitting the corner instead.. about 1 foot space between me and a light pole luckily.. asshole drove off, and i'm stuck with a bruised arm, head smacked against the side airbag/window.. and i have a big ass migraine. paramedics picked me up and i'm in the hospital right now :/
dude let us know how your condition is!

Last night some drunk ass in a thunderbird was swerving all over the road. I was next to it and it kept going on the bumps towards me and then back over. Finally he went faster and got ahead, then suddenly went through 3 lanes from the far left to the exiting lane and got off the fwy... Uhh wtf?

Were you able to get any description of the car?

Old 01-02-2011, 01:14 AM
it was a riced out civic... that narrows it down to about 2 million cars.. the guy was hispanic, which narrows it down to 1.5 million.. and it was some wack ass chipped blue/black/maroon paint.. only got the 3 letters on the plate though.. FPJ.. other than that, i'm all good now. fractured arm, nothing wrong with my head (i think o.o) just these migraines..

Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 AM
i'm just pissed because i grew to LOVE the fit, and the fact i only had it for 7 weeks pisses me off..

Old 01-02-2011, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
totaled for sure?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:21 PM
so i finally checked up with insurance and they announced my fit totaled...
it's quite depressing since that car grew onto me.. my next car probably won't be a fit though, since my parents have this sort of superstition thing.. most likely getting a prelude... even though, i'm gonna be repping the fitfreak community and i'll be in touch with our meets and such.. hopefully i get a car soon, i feel trapped in the house, and the bus is getting irritating.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
mm prelude was a close contender when i got my fit, just couldnt find one with low miles!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your accident and your Fit - too sad! Happy that you were not severely injured. Hope you decide to come back to visit and yes - they definitely grow on you. I've had my Fit since 2007 and I would be sick if anything happened to it.

Cat

Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 AM
@accordguy which lude were you looking into? i'm trying to find a 3rd or 5th gen.. but i actually found a sick cb7 for sale so right now i'm debating haha.

@cat thanks for the love! and yeah, i couldn't really talk after the hit, i was pretty pissed off..

Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
Man, I am so sorry that happened to you and your car... I hope that you get to feeling better and that the next car you get is as appealing and fun to drive as your Fit was.... While you are down you might want to take an online defensive drivers course to offset a rise in your insurance rates and become more aware of the dangerous situations on the road and how to avoid them.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:17 AM
@texas i doubt i'll find a car as fun as the fit was.. i might take your advice on that drivers course, insurance is gonna be a pain after this..

i'm still freakin pissed that the guy zoomed off scratch free... i hope karma catches him.

Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member
I liked driving and souping up air cooled VW Beetles when I was young... They were a lot of fun as were the VW Rabbits of the 70s and 80s... When I first read about the Fit my first thought was how much it had in common with the Rabbit and how much fun It would be... It is a better and more reliable car by far... I really can't see how being in a larger heavier car would have made much of a difference in protecting you since it was an immovable object that you hit....A big heavy car would have transferred the same amount of energy to your body by stopping just as suddenly, they just come out better in collisions with cars smaller than they are... They don't stop or handle as well as a smaller car and are harder to avoid accidents in... Your parents shouldn't blame the car for your injuries... I need to get back into bed. Take care.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
i liked the last gen prelude.. whatever it's called! But yes it is a very heavy car. Have you looked into EP3s at all? That might be a nice replacement. Also my ultimate favorite.. TSX 6-speed! so nice.. 2.4L i-vtec sickness

Old 01-13-2011, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
My daughter in law has a TSX, I like it but it feels heavy, more like a luxury car than a sports car.... I suppose I should be driving something like that at my age but even old guys need to have fun sometimes and the Fit is a lot of fun.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
haha im just a huge fan of it's styling, it looks great!

Lowered, wheels, exhaust, call it a day. But yes, I have driven a few and they're not as lively as a Fit for sure. I wonder what a TSX on coilover suspension would feel like though...

Old 01-13-2011, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Coil overs and boost on a TSX would ring my bell... It isn't the type of car that would normally be thought of as fast but neither is a boosted Fit until one scrambles out ahead of a Mustang or something... I like the idea. Of course wider tires would be a must.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 AM
anyone have experience as far as fit vs matrix? o-o
i saw a matrix xrs for 6500. they remind me a lot of the fit..

Quick Reply: First Crash...